Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Unicorn

"A new Age"

57 posts in this topic

Consider yourself lucky, I stopped Red's summon. Don't you dare double post again or you wont be that lucky next time

Bioxx has said that he wants the game to be mainly designed along multiplayer lines, and has said many times NO npcs, I don't quite agree, but this is the line we've been hearing.

I'm not sure you problem with joining a server, you make friends, you progress, you share, you're not going to be the strongest person but you shouldn't need to, join any group around and just cooperate, most people I've met are more than willing to donate to newcomers just to help a server out.

I don't think that is how a randomly-endlessly generated world works.

And it's been said that there shall be no NPCs.

But thanks for answering my question that's been largelly ignored. ^_^

Not true.

To the question "Will there be NPC's to fill roles in cities?" He said and I quote "Probably not unless a very compelling reason is brought forth. I would rather see players take advantage of the systems than have a computer controlled NPC doing everything."

I think this is a great idea. I think specific ages should come with interacting with other NPC's in singleplayer, and possibly other people in multiplayer. It gives more life to exploring new lands in the mod. What is the point of exploring if I know that all i'm going to find is dirt, animals, and possibly ores? What if that gets boring? I honestly don't believe interacting with villagers has ever gotten boring, and I have seen almost everything there is to see about them. With more being implemented, and the A.I. being more complex can add so much variety to the mod.

Villages used to be pretty awesome, I remember making super rich villages in early millenaire. I started to realize npc villages are pretty much lifeless, they can make things way too easy. All you have to do is make a bed and deposit all your resources in the village and you are at the top in no time. It makes half the stuff you do in this mod pointless like forging. Go play on a server; twice as productive and not lonely and still doesn't make it easier it's just teamwork.

I strongly disagree with the idea that NPC's should never be implemented into this mod. I will most likely NEVER play on servers with this mod installed. I don't want to play with random strangers usually, because a lot of people I meet are complete ass holes, and I am NOT fond of the servers communities, therefore, I will probably always be playing Minecraft with this mod on singleplayer alone. I find it unfair that I don't have the option of interacting with villagers and buying/selling from/to them. I like the idea of building cities for other villagers, working for them, or just being a tourist. The currency they use can be very difficult to get and the trust of the villagers can be rough, so the idea should not be taken out of the question just because it can make a few things too easy isn't very smart.

The whole point of advancing through ages, is to make certain things easier, while enabling you to do new things and find new ways to survive. NPC's can really help you advance, but if you want, you can be the village miner. You could even be the village blacksmith and you can sell the items you create for the village currency so you can buy new ores from the village miner if you just want to forge weapons.

The next ages could be the age of exploring and finding new lands to conquer. You could even be a ship builder so you can sail vast seas with your very own crew. That's just an idea, though.

My point is that I love the thought of cities and villagers. They shouldn't just be blown of the chalk board just because one little idea MIGHT contradict it.

ExplosionGuy, Bioxx said a clear and loud "No NPCs" in the kingdoms thread, just never corrected the FAQ ._. ...

Also, double posting will bring on the wrath of the immortal Aztec gods.

It may also induce melting, rapid cranial expansion, rapid expansion of the entire body, attempted murder with various makeshift weapons, broken desks after a cranial collision, evaporation, death by dragon and other fantastical beings, an investigation by Sherlock for no apparent reason, as well as a stern talking to.

Please talk to your doctor before double posting, so they can slap some sense into you.

so what happened to dunks double post? i was pretty sure i could see the sun stutter for a few seconds today but for the rest nothing too serious seems to have happened yet :D

so what happened to dunks double post? i was pretty sure i could see the sun stutter for a few seconds today but for the rest nothing too serious seems to have happened yet :D

Dunk is a dunk. You can't complain with him for his double posts.

Not true.

To the question "Will there be NPC's to fill roles in cities?" He said and I quote "Probably not unless a very compelling reason is brought forth. I would rather see players take advantage of the systems than have a computer controlled NPC doing everything."

I think this is a great idea. I think specific ages should come with interacting with other NPC's in singleplayer, and possibly other people in multiplayer. It gives more life to exploring new lands in the mod. What is the point of exploring if I know that all i'm going to find is dirt, animals, and possibly ores? What if that gets boring? I honestly don't believe interacting with villagers has ever gotten boring, and I have seen almost everything there is to see about them. With more being implemented, and the A.I. being more complex can add so much variety to the mod.

I strongly disagree with the idea that NPC's should never be implemented into this mod. I will most likely NEVER play on servers with this mod installed. I don't want to play with random strangers usually, because a lot of people I meet are complete ass holes, and I am NOT fond of the servers communities, therefore, I will probably always be playing Minecraft with this mod on singleplayer alone. I find it unfair that I don't have the option of interacting with villagers and buying/selling from/to them. I like the idea of building cities for other villagers, working for them, or just being a tourist. The currency they use can be very difficult to get and the trust of the villagers can be rough, so the idea should not be taken out of the question just because it can make a few things too easy isn't very smart.

The whole point of advancing through ages, is to make certain things easier, while enabling you to do new things and find new ways to survive. NPC's can really help you advance, but if you want, you can be the village miner. You could even be the village blacksmith and you can sell the items you create for the village currency so you can buy new ores from the village miner if you just want to forge weapons.

The next ages could be the age of exploring and finding new lands to conquer. You could even be a ship builder so you can sail vast seas with your very own crew. That's just an idea, though.

My point is that I love the thought of cities and villagers. They shouldn't just be blown of the chalk board just because one little idea MIGHT contradict it.

ExplosionGuy, Bioxx said a clear and loud "No NPCs" in the kingdoms thread, just never corrected the FAQ ._. ...

yeah and I can confirm that. Tried to talk bioxx into allowing some and I got a resounding "no"