Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Unicorn

"A new Age"

57 posts in this topic

Sparks without a patch of dead grass will get you nowhere.

Yeah, you should read the posts before, I talked about tinder...

Tinder...we have those different types of wheat-like things... oats, barley, wheat...that would make perfect tinder

I didn't even noticed there was a whole unread page.

Tinder...we have those different types of wheat-like things... oats, barley, wheat...that would make perfect tinder

Yes, vegetables!!! The onion has some tinder on it! Do you know...

Posted Image

In this type of onion you can see the "dead grass" that it has. It's a very good tinder.

Posted Image

In this type of onion you can see the "dead grass" that it has. It's a very good tinder.

It's also tasty. I ate the whole root once. Don't remember why.

The whole root? Oh sir...However yes, this type of onion (purple) is sweeter than the white onion.

Posted Image

I was speaking specifically about the what-like products...but I don't see why not. C:

I once drank the juices of grass. It's very nutritious, but it is an acquired taste.

p.s. The secret is to chew on the grass, swallow the juices and spit the grass out. The grass itself is not viable for digestion.

Wolves only eat grass when they feel sick. Then no, I didn't eat grass.

Very young grass is a very nutritrious produce.

As in a sprout of wheat etc. that just started to grow.

I don't quite get what you mean by the age-by-age progression.

Do you mean like an achivements : "You just knapped your first stone! Welcome to Stone Age!" "You just made your first bronze ingot! Welcome to Bronze Age!", or what?

We already kind of progress throught ages that way.

What he meant or at least part of what he meant is that as the player progresses through the ages villages cities and towns would progress with him or her and other villages etc would be established by npc's that would develop at their own pace.

I don't think that is how a randomly-endlessly generated world works.

And it's been said that there shall be no NPCs.

But thanks for answering my question that's been largelly ignored. ^_^

Addressing the tinder comments.

I teach some survival training for some local youth, and when I'm starting a fire, its pretty much the same as in TFC, I go to the near by trees, and grab dead twigs and sticks from low hanging branches. Preferably from Fir, Pine, or some particular types of deciduous. Grasses and similar growth are all well and good, but will not burn when even slightly damp. Twiggy dead growth from particular trees contain a high amount of resin, which will burn readily, often even when dripping wet.

There are many different ways of starting a fire, depending on your environment and supplies, but for the purposes of game play, what we have now in TFC fits the bill.

Back on topic(ish), I would like to see Dwarf-fortess style NPCS in ANY mod (this is not a suggestion, just a discussion), as there is a severe lack of RTS/Citybuilders in Minecraft that do not have retarded AI.

why do people focus on DF so much? I have never played the game and see all thease references to this other game when I am fairly certain TFC is something ENTIRELY its own. we are not Dwarf fortress craft as far as i am aware.

why do people focus on DF so much? I have never played the game and see all thease references to this other game when I am fairly certain TFC is something ENTIRELY its own. we are not Dwarf fortress craft as far as i am aware.

Oh, DF is casual family fun and also one of inspiration sources for TFC. There's somewhat similar feel in both.

Also, DF players are just can't help but plug the game whenever they can.

It's because DF is freakkin awesome, and also because everyone had hoped that MC would be a 3D DF, and TFC comes the closest to how realistic and complex DF is (Still light years away, but for MC mod it's amazing.)

'realistic'

you must be new here

Posted Image

that will be all

ok i dont know about this village thing but a NEW AGE sounds great

maybe an industrail age with digging machines now im talking waaaayyy different to what we've seen in other mods im talking big machines that r built in the world like the bloomery is built so its not just a 1 block machine like in industrailcraft or buildcraft.

imagine how much ore it would take to build a factory!!!

maybe im thinking too far ahead.. maybe start slow and have more medievil devices or something similar to that better then wolves mod.

ow ow now theres an idea for ya bioxx what about a WINDMILL!!!

It's because DF is freakkin awesome, and also because everyone had hoped that MC would be a 3D DF, and TFC comes the closest to how realistic and complex DF is (Still light years away, but for MC mod it's amazing.)

i havent played DF mostly because of the graphics i think but if there was a 3D DF i would play it.

there was once a DwarvenCraft mod for MC that rocked but slowly over time it got more and more crappy and then once the guy stopped support for the part of the mod that made u 1 block tall i no longer felt like a dwarf and stopped playing the mod

Welcome to the forums friend. I'll assume you haven't read much here, but just so you know, machines of anything beyond pre-industrial isn't going to happen according to the developers, and I'm not sure if windmills were shot down, but I think they were given a stern eyebrow of concern. I'd recommend you do a search on topics if you aren't sure if they've been posted before, as people here tend to get ornery.

Also, double posting will bring on the wrath of the immortal Aztec gods.

no, he meant the Mayan one. you know how close the cultures are JAG.

no, he meant the Mayan one. you know how close the cultures are JAG.

But he said "aztec" specifically... D:

*Goes back to his bird-snake-dragon-aztec-god nest*