Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
godlike35

big forge

35 posts in this topic

plz, allow make forge near another forge on side. cuz it's fine

mad paint skillz:

post-1815-0-79730600-1353744715_thumb.pn

this would have done well in the metathread

seriously dunk, I know you read this stuff, STICKY THE METATHREAD

Would each forge block be an individual gui? or would it open as a single expanded gui with extra slots?

Would each forge block be an individual gui? or would it open as a single expanded gui with extra slots?

This might work MUCH better.

Well I second this. But there would need to be a limit set. Maybe 3 max?

i second the version where its 1 big gui with it merely being a nice aesthetic change (you could add a flow into an encased open block command to it, to make it fill up in any shape you want it too ;)

using creative mode you can make this(with it working) any size. each forge block works as a separate GUI. allowing a method to create at minimal a 3x3 in survival mode would not be asking for much and infact, in no way impossible. the question is is weather or not boixx and dunk can agree that a minor(to us) change like this would be worth any effort put into it.

It would be a pretty big addition to the forge - but it would so pointless in making a single block forge for the small gui (since forges are cheap) that they may as well add the same GUI to the one block - as making the 3x1 or 3x3 etc. would become the norm from day one. So the question then is should it then be balanced in another way - possibly a risk vs reward concept? Or make it more costly to get the heat up initially?

sin, what i meant is that you just rightclick the forge and voila, you get the gui, not confined to 1 block, but i dont want to make like 10 different forges because i want a nice 3x3 forge :D and yes the heating should be affected to its size,

I like 3x1 an extended GUI for a 3x3 forge would be huge. In reality a forge being 3 meters long would not be good, you cant reach the back safely.

I like 3x1 an extended GUI for a 3x3 forge would be huge. In reality a forge being 3 meters long would not be good, you cant reach the back safely.

but you should get the option, (ok ill admit it, i want skyforge to be made :D)

but you should get the option, (ok ill admit it, i want skyforge to be made :D)

Lol good luck with that, Bioxx probably wouldn't put in anything that doesn't make sense or oversized(and overpowered). Actually I know he won't... Dunk always talks of him shooting down ideas.

well i dont mean overpowered, i mean a visual version of skyforge in Skyrim, the gigantic round forge in the open sky :D which'd possibly have more slots (if this goes on for too long i'll make a metathread)

well i dont mean overpowered, i mean a visual version of skyforge in Skyrim, the gigantic round forge in the open sky :D which'd possibly have more slots (if this goes on for too long i'll make a metathread)

Well I just said that because 3x3 would have a lot of slots, too much to fit on a normal Minecraft GUI actually. And ever speak of circles in Minecraft again I'll break your jaw. :P

Well I just said that because 3x3 would have a lot of slots, too much to fit on a normal Minecraft GUI actually. And ever speak of circles in Minecraft again I'll break your jaw. :P

i said round, not circular, round = blocks placed in a circle like formation = the perception of round (and with the chisel, who knows how smooth you can make it go) and btw, any circle on a computer, eventually, if you zoom in close enough, will end up to be squares

also, dont exponentially increase the slots per forge block, make it like a 1 block = normal slots, and a 3x3 have 10 slots or more fuel slots or anything like it ;) (i can nearly physically feel dunks NO incoming)

i said round, not circular, round = blocks placed in a circle like formation = the perception of round (and with the chisel, who knows how smooth you can make it go) and btw, any circle on a computer, eventually, if you zoom in close enough, will end up to be squares

also, dont exponentially increase the slots per forge block, make it like a 1 block = normal slots, and a 3x3 have 10 slots or more fuel slots or anything like it ;) (i can nearly physically feel dunks NO incoming)

If a 3x3 had 10 slots I would just go make 9 separate forges.

sure, but a 3x3 forge block can look so much more appealing than 9 seperate forges ;)

sure, but a 3x3 forge block can look so much more appealing than 9 seperate forges ;)

Not that I would get 9 forges but it's survival vs looking good.

upping the size does not altar balance considering the only supplies your getting away with NOT using is stone, something CHEAPER THEN DIRT. talking balance when stone is the LITERAL most abundant non renewable resource is stupid. paired with a easily renewable resource(charcoal and sticks), you really cant say anything against expanding it other then feasibility.

If coke was to be added (which is another debate I'm sure) it could have a place in larger forges.

If the gui was made to reflect the image below, a 1x1 forge could simply have the firepit and hearth (as now). A 1x2 would add a coke manufacturing section. 1x3 would add more slots too all 3 sections.

Posted Image

What's the point? What's wrong with the current forge? Is there something in TFC that it can't do?

you must not be very attune to decoration. not an insult, just you dont understand this because your not seeing the aesthetics of this. this is less about function and more about making things look 'nice'

I agree that it would be simply cool to allow the forges to be bigger.

There is no need to make it have something special guys...

I like the idea of making bigger forges. BUT. I think it will be enough if it's just made of normal forge block, and they each have their own GUI.

Besides, i'm not really sure this isn't already in the game. You can take out any block from the sides of the forge once you built it; it won't destroy it. I'm also not really sure if it specificially need for the blocks in the sides to be rocky... have you guys ever tried to place charcoial piles in the sides of the forge instead of rocks?

There is no need to make it have something special guys...

I like the idea of making bigger forges. BUT. I think it will be enough if it's just made of normal forge block, and they each have their own GUI.

Besides, i'm not really sure this isn't already in the game. You can take out any block from the sides of the forge once you built it; it won't destroy it. I'm also not really sure if it specificially need for the blocks in the sides to be rocky... have you guys ever tried to place charcoial piles in the sides of the forge instead of rocks?

It won't light unless you are in creative.