Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jaxonnobles

TFC as a Technic Pack entry.

43 posts in this topic

I think that TFC should be a new option in the Technic pack for easylier (REALLY bad spelling there.) use and availability for people who can't install the mod or are too lazy too, and for other reasons.

If anyone agrees with me about this please say so because I realy don't know what to say.

To get to the Technic Pack website: http://www.technicpack.net/

This again? Lurk moar.

This is a fucking terrible idea for many reasons, more than I want to get into right now, but the most important one is that Bioxx has said no, and has very good reasons for doing so. Now, go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

(Hey guys, I know this is kind of a late post, but... deal with it.)

This again? Lurk moar.

The lurk moar guy is back!

Just saying, but I'm pretty sure that Technic has permissions now, I've even spoke with the modders and they are completely fine with it.

If they want it removed, though, they will, but some mod thought it was a good idea to introduce code to corrupt the worlds of anyone using the technic pack -_-

And they even have the "support the modders" thing right on the main launcher window, so the creator of TFC would be up there too.

Also, this mod doesn't NEED to be compatible with other mods, it would get its own drop-down selection, possibly only packaged with supported mods which enhance the experience in an undoubtedly good way.

I love that launcher, something that would have taken 1 hour to install took 10 seconds.

Hey idiots:

a) the Technic pack is cool and the guys behind it are cool and people who whine about it are big whiny babies

b ) Bioxx doesn't want TFC to have anything to do with it

There's your discussion ok cool

LET THE TOPIC DIE.... All in for a Derail say I.

Actually, we will hear of it again. What could help is Q&A of some sort with that kind of stuff pinned down somewhere.

If people are too lazy to do a search for something hey want to know about, then my guess is they are going to be too lazy to read a Q&A... Unfortunately.... Sorta like being "too lazy to learn how to install it".

In my opinion, for someone to "just not understand" how to install this mod is one thing if they at least try. But to be too lazy to try would make me think you would just be better off watching Dr. Phil or taking a nap cuz this mod is definitely not going to be easy when starting out.

menoch, dont necro the failed topic -_-

menoch, dont necro the failed topic -_-

Afaik he isn't necroing...

I love that launcher, something that would have taken 1 hour to install took 10 seconds.

Back in 1.2.5 before I knew about Tekkit, I had 40 mods installed (most of them Tekkit mods, plus Thaumcraft, Forestry, and more) and it took only 15 minutes to install.

Notepad++ is your friend for editing configs.

Back in 1.2.5 before I knew about Tekkit, I had 40 mods installed (most of them Tekkit mods, plus Thaumcraft, Forestry, and more) and it took only 15 minutes to install.

Notepad++ is your friend for editing configs.

And also for coding. However I made a modpack. Not official, but with more than 60 mods. It was cool but a bit OP. There wasn't EE however.

TFC doesn't take an hour to install, it takes about 3 minutes, and that's with a few extra mods as well. To install TFC you drag all of two things into your minecraft.jar and then, after running minecraft first to generate forges files and folders, drag the TFC_Universal folder into the mods folder. It's so easy my dog could do it, do you really think you are less intelligent than a dog? I would certainly hope not. If you think about many other very large mods, they have installation processes twice as complicated as TFC and can still be installed in less than 10 minutes by someone who has never installed the mod before, mods really aren't as hard as people think, they are really easy in minecraft actually.

Also, for those to lazy too lazy to move their eyes so they are looking downwards a few inches and just go "OMG, ima clik tath downlaaod butun ad noit raed anyying uder it!!!!!1111!!!!!", there are very clear and simple instructions on the downloads page on how to install TFC, in FOUR simple steps. If you can't handle that go back to vanilla, it may be more your speed.

(To be clear, this is not a direct attack at you weylin. This is to every person who has ever complained about installing TFC and claiming that it is too hard. It's not, at all, you just need to actually think for a second.)

:D

Good point achartran...but now I want to know your dog.

Another thing, guys I already said this: Don't use those programs that install mods for you because they make more conflicts than you installing mods manually...

In spite of the truth that I am late on this thread, PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THIS IDEA OR ANYTHING OF SIMILAR INTEREST AGAIN! YOU WILL BE BASHED QUITE SEVERELY IF YOU DO! THE REASON IS THAT BIOXX DOES NOT WANT HIS MODIFICATION IN A MODIFICATION PACK, UNDERSTAND?

Now where was I...? Oh right; my apologies for once again making such a huge outburst... :(

I honestly don't get how people find installing ANY mods hard..? Even *hard* to install mods like SEUS or Minema are horrifically easy to install. All ANY mod's install instructions are install dependencies (in JAR), run MC, put mods in mods folder. DONE.

The only things I can see making mod installation hard is using mods that are incompatible with each other or using the wrong version of Forge or other dependency. For the former, there is always a list of incompatible mods somewhere (this is the only real issue I can see). For the latter, JUST READ WHICH VERSION YOU NEED!!!!

In TFC, it says clearly, Built on Forge v 6.0.whatever.blah.blah and Player API,vblah.2 (the blahs and whatevers represent numbers and stuff). But all in all, mod installation is crazily simple and really consists of Drag and Drop.

I honestly don't get how people find installing ANY mods hard..? Even *hard* to install mods like SEUS or Minema are horrifically easy to install. All ANY mod's install instructions are install dependencies (in JAR), run MC, put mods in mods folder. DONE.

The only things I can see making mod installation hard is using mods that are incompatible with each other or using the wrong version of Forge or other dependency. For the former, there is always a list of incompatible mods somewhere (this is the only real issue I can see). For the latter, JUST READ WHICH VERSION YOU NEED!!!!

In TFC, it says clearly, Built on Forge v 6.0.whatever.blah.blah and Player API,vblah.2 (the blahs and whatevers represent numbers and stuff). But all in all, mod installation is crazily simple and really consists of Drag and Drop.

*claps until hands hurt*

Well said, well said indeed.

It was already stated several times: not happening.

2 pages later... Why is this conversation still in suggestions?

2 pages later... Why is this conversation still in suggestions?

Because people can be stubborn and not listen until they either die or have some sense knocked into them, I suspect.