Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jaxonnobles

TFC as a Technic Pack entry.

43 posts in this topic

I think that TFC should be a new option in the Technic pack for easylier (REALLY bad spelling there.) use and availability for people who can't install the mod or are too lazy too, and for other reasons.

If anyone agrees with me about this please say so because I realy don't know what to say.

To get to the Technic Pack website: http://www.technicpack.net/

zzzzzz

well, that was educational, but seriously, lets leave this to drop down to the second page never to be heard from again

well, that was educational, but seriously, lets leave this to drop down to the second page never to be heard from again

Actually, we will hear of it again. What could help is Q&A of some sort with that kind of stuff pinned down somewhere.

Actually, we will hear of it again. What could help is Q&A of some sort with that kind of stuff pinned down somewhere.

Just hoping for common sense isn't working... First thing is that technic pack doesn't have permission from the modders, they just packed things up like they wanted to, second there is no support from the modders if there is a problem in technic pack, they will curse you if say you're using it, lastly TFC has nothing to do with tech.

Just hoping for common sense isn't working... First thing is that technic pack doesn't have permission from the modders, they just packed things up like they wanted to, second there is no support from the modders if there is a problem in technic pack, they will curse you if say you're using it, lastly TFC has nothing to do with tech.

I add to this that for now TFC is still in beta, then it's not a good idea putting it in a technic pack, and for now TFC's compaitbility is very low due to the fact that TFC uses its own terrain generator that doesn't allow ores from other mods to generate.

I add to this that for now TFC is still in beta, then it's not a good idea putting it in a technic pack, and for now TFC's compaitbility is very low due to the fact that TFC uses its own terrain generator that doesn't allow ores from other mods to generate.

But TFC uses ore dictionary, from what I can tell, so other mods can understand TFC ores/ingots, unless they are adding something crazy, like mythril ore 'n'stuff.

The main hit into compatibility delivers not world generation, but the fact that other mods do not use heat and temperature systems, like, at all.

I was toying with the idea of trying to merge TFC with IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft for late game high-tech, and found out that the way IndustrialCraft forges working in comparison to TFC forges is kind of a little too rough jump.

kind of a little too rough jump.... well thats a nice understatement for a difference so big you could rather build a bridge to the moon :D

I really wish that people would stop spreading this bit of misinformation around, the guys running Technic have been trying their best to get permissions ever since it became a public thing and have actively removed mods when they actually do get a response back from the mod developers in question. They are missing something like one or two permissions at this time.

With that said, yeah I think it needs to be posted somewhere that Bioxx has already been quoted on saying he does not wish TFC to be part of any mod pack. He did that for people asking for changes to the pro. pick, why not something as common as this question?

They are missing something like one or two permissions at this time.

So it is not misinformation, right?

So it is not misinformation, right?

It is the wording "First thing is that technic pack doesn't have permission from the modders, they just packed things up like they wanted to" makes it sound like they have no permissions nor care about getting permissions, makes it sound like they actively go out of their way to do so. Its this, lets rile up b/s about a pack because it has been considered the norm to hate on it, thing that bewilders me.

Wording it as "Technic still doesn't have full permissions, so I personally am not comfortable with the mod pack" would be a factual and honest way of saying what you just said.

"second there is no support from the modders if there is a problem in technic pack, they will curse you if say you're using it" While I will agree that mentioning Technic/Tekkit will get you yelled at by a lot of users, that is why they have set up their own forums and try to handle issues in house.

Anywho, the TFC forums really isn't the place for this argument, so I'm going to shut up about it, feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about it.

But TFC uses ore dictionary, from what I can tell, so other mods can understand TFC ores/ingots, unless they are adding something crazy, like mythril ore 'n'stuff.

The main hit into compatibility delivers not world generation, but the fact that other mods do not use heat and temperature systems, like, at all.

I was toying with the idea of trying to merge TFC with IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft for late game high-tech, and found out that the way IndustrialCraft forges working in comparison to TFC forges is kind of a little too rough jump.

Last I checked the ore dictionary in TFC was borked for some reason.

It may have been fixed now, and I really think Buildcraft/IC would be much more enjoyable when balanced against what tfc does with ores, I think, essentially, making compatibility between the 2/3 would be as much work as programming a completely new mod given how mechanics differ.

/stomped with a size 14 steel toe boot

Honestly, the reason TFC should never be included in the Technic launcher has nothing whatsoever to do with wether or not they have "permission" from mod creators. I too am getting sick of this whole "Herp, derp Technic is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one one one" meme.

TFC doesn't need to be in a launcher, period. It doesn't need to be aligned with a "popular modding comunity" for advertisement either. Not at least while still in beta.

Trust me, the last thing we want right now is such a massive influx of new users that the forums are swampped with an unmanageable number of double posts, useless on or two word posts, angry arguments, and fifty thousand mispelled support threads complaining about the 'missing stone pickaxe bug'. The TFC community is growing at a good steady, sustainable pace right now, with few enough new users at a time that we can keep on top of ensuring that their all made aware of the 'dos and do not dos' of our forum 'culture' so to speak.

Once TFC finally goes 'gold' we can talk about distribution and advertisement options, but until then, lets try to avoid the 'eternal September' effect.

Honestly, the reason TFC should never be included in the Technic launcher has nothing whatsoever to do with wether or not they have "permission" from mod creators. I too am getting sick of this whole "Herp, derp Technic is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one one one" meme.

TFC doesn't need to be in a launcher, period. It doesn't need to be aligned with a "popular modding comunity" for advertisement either. Not at least while still in beta.

Trust me, the last thing we want right now is such a massive influx of new users that the forums are swampped with an unmanageable number of double posts, useless on or two word posts, angry arguments, and fifty thousand mispelled support threads complaining about the 'missing stone pickaxe bug'. The TFC community is growing at a good steady, sustainable pace right now, with few enough new users at a time that we can keep on top of ensuring that their all made aware of the 'dos and do not dos' of our forum 'culture' so to speak.

Once TFC finally goes 'gold' we can talk about distribution and advertisement options, but until then, lets try to avoid the 'eternal September' effect.

I also agree that it won't happen but only because we are in Beta, not because of the forums I made a post on a the FTB launcher thread which included a forum rewrite. We would never have noob problems again.

the problem is that TFC simply doesnt play nice with other mods atm especially ones that add ore and / or change worldgen. vanilla conversion can solve some of that, but the new ores will look severely out of place.

All it will take is someone who will make a cross-over between the two, although whoever they are should probably wait until we are stable because right now it would be a nightmare.

All it will take is someone who will make a cross-over between the two, although whoever they are should probably wait until we are stable because right now it would be a nightmare.

That will require using code from at least one of the mods, if not both. I doubt developers will agree.

Do you need permissions for a cross-over? I certainly wasn't aware of that. As long as we were out of Beta Bioxx would agree and I can't imagine any modpack would be too angry with a new addition, even if it required a separate pack for hardcore players.

Do you need permissions for a cross-over? I certainly wasn't aware of that. As long as we were out of Beta Bioxx would agree and I can't imagine any modpack would be too angry with a new addition, even if it required a separate pack for hardcore players.

The thing with crossover with TFC is that you have to rewrite-expand on about half of the mechanics of the mod you're doing cross-ocer with. For example, making IC2 forges to use TFC heat systems.

Why this thread is still alive?

*Picks up a pillow*

Hush, Hush, every thing is going to be fine.

*Puts pillow over the threads mouth*

Why this thread is still alive?

*Picks up a pillow*

Hush, Hush, every thing is going to be fine.

*Puts pillow over the threads mouth*

Yeah, I like too much when this mod teachs to someone how to kill :) . The statistics say that after the creation of this mod, the number of killers in the world is increased of about 16%.

I think that TFC should be a new option in the Technic pack for easylier (REALLY bad spelling there.) use and availability for people who can't install the mod or are too lazy too, and for other reasons.

If anyone agrees with me about this please say so because I realy don't know what to say.

To get to the Technic Pack website: http://www.technicpack.net/

Posted Image