Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

TFCF (Recipe Tracker)

65 posts in this topic

I bit the bullet one evening and made a crude web-based TFC Food/Recipe tracker and decided to share the fruits of my labor with anyone else who might be interested in hosting this utility on their own web server.

It works by having users manually enter recipes as they discover them. It is not intended to be cheaty, it's merely a database for sharing discovered recipes with other server members.

You can see it in action here:

http://www.gamogora.com/tfcf/

We have put it to good use on the Terra Kingdoms server: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2060-terracraft-new-whitelist-based-smp-server-lf-1-2-moderators/

And if you're brave enough to attempt to install it and get it working on your own mysql/php server I made it available here:

http://www.gamogora.com/tfcf/public/tfcf0.1.zip

Be sure to read the README before attempting to install.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good job defeating the entire purpose of foods being based on seed. x]

It's no different then users sharing the information with each other. Since they are all on the same seed, and the data is user entered, it is not game breaking.

How does it defeat the entire purpose of foods being based on seeds?

Fabulous piece of coding you have here, it certainly by no means is game breaking, but isn't quite what TFC needs. If you could incorporate this in a recipe book style item this would be absolutely perfect for our gameplay. The only difference is the flow of information, it is what makes a newbie a newbie. If they come in to a well developed server and we hand them the recipes it will ruin the system of discovery, which some people would like to keep. As a book instead information could still be traded and copied, but would also now require a flow of information. It could give way to many things, like libraries, recipe exchanges, while still allowing recipes to be confined to a small group(kitchen staff?) if such was desired.

Fabulous piece of coding you have here, it certainly by no means is game breaking, but isn't quite what TFC needs. If you could incorporate this in a recipe book style item this would be absolutely perfect for our gameplay. The only difference is the flow of information, it is what makes a newbie a newbie. If they come in to a well developed server and we hand them the recipes it will ruin the system of discovery, which some people would like to keep. As a book instead information could still be traded and copied, but would also now require a flow of information. It could give way to many things, like libraries, recipe exchanges, while still allowing recipes to be confined to a small group(kitchen staff?) if such was desired.

I agree, an in-game solution would be ideal. I also agree it is important not to share recipe compendiums with new server members, it would be a huge spoiler if the best recipes were shared.

I'd personally would rather see "chefs" guarding their own cookbook, making meals and selling them in smp :)

You can make a manual cookbook using a quill and book combo. I used one for recording locations of ore nodes when I recently did a runthrough without rei's minimap, worked great.

Whaaaaat?? Go home Renadi, you're drunk

I like'd it, that is great for servers

Seeing as this is a thread about food, and I have been wondering about this for a while, what does energy and power do?

I use notepad to write down recipes, works fine for me.

Also there are not much recipes you would want to remember, only the good and useful ones.

Seeing as this is a thread about food, and I have been wondering about this for a while, what does energy and power do?

power - the strength of the effect (speed 1, speed 2 etc.)

energy - don't know for sure, but I think that it keeps you full for longer, or maybe it somehow affect the health generation.

power - How much it fills the hunger

energy - How much it fills the saturation (in other words, how long it keeps your hunger at it's level)

Fix'd

Fix'd

Blown away once again...

Anyway I think this is good... modify books a bit and you might be able to keep it in game. Nobody likes remembering recipes and it's even harder on a server. You still have a little work to do on this, maybe..., anyway you could make an in game version and drop it in your server temporarily and present it to Bioxx if you want to.

Blown away once again...

Anyway I think this is good... modify books a bit and you might be able to keep it in game. Nobody likes remembering recipes and it's even harder on a server. You still have a little work to do on this, maybe..., anyway you could make an in game version and drop it in your server temporarily and present it to Bioxx if you want to.

There you are, you wierd... green... thing that walks and... isn't a creeper... yeah, that : where have you been?

... And why your location is in spanish? O_o

There you are, you wierd... green... thing that walks and... isn't a creeper... yeah, that : where have you been?

... And why your location is in spanish? O_o

I have been a school lol. I just felt like putting it in spanish.

You've been a school?!

What's it like, I've always imagined being a building would be fun, do you have any interesting stories?

guys, you just stepped on the number 1 rule: no numbers, or any form of guide that shows every way to make something. anyone reading this will now know how to make the best food, always, which basically spoils the entire food system for you, you should just post the link to the images with a huge disclaimer on it saying that you will read about ALL the food systems, accidental readers dont want this type of spoiler

guys, you just stepped on the number 1 rule: no numbers, or any form of guide that shows every way to make something. anyone reading this will now know how to make the best food, always, which basically spoils the entire food system for you, you should just post the link to the images with a huge disclaimer on it saying that you will read about ALL the food systems, accidental readers dont want this type of spoiler

You misinterpreted the meals system AND this system. The meals system is BY SEED, which means meals useful in one world could be a crap in other worlds. You can test those recipes if you want, but as long as you aren't in the world they were took from, they probably won't work at all.

This system works per world. A player from a server enters a recipe so other players in the same world can get the same effect or just the same good meal. And it's not in-game, but in browser. Which means that players are NOT forced to see the list, neither are them forced to contribute to it. If you want to look for some recipe, you can; you are the one playing, what's the matter? if someone else doesn't want to see the list, and wants to discover every meal by himself, let him do so! nobody forces him to see the list.

This can take from the gameplay experience if used WRONG, but by itself it won't matter at all.

Fix'd

Wrong.

Filling - how much it fills the hunger

Power - what i said before

Energy - what I said before and you sharpen

You misinterpreted the meals system AND this system. The meals system is BY SEED, which means meals useful in one world could be a crap in other worlds. You can test those recipes if you want, but as long as you aren't in the world they were took from, they probably won't work at all.

This system works per world. A player from a server enters a recipe so other players in the same world can get the same effect or just the same good meal. And it's not in-game, but in browser. Which means that players are NOT forced to see the list, neither are them forced to contribute to it. If you want to look for some recipe, you can; you are the one playing, what's the matter? if someone else doesn't want to see the list, and wants to discover every meal by himself, let him do so! nobody forces him to see the list.

This can take from the gameplay experience if used WRONG, but by itself it won't matter at all.

yeah I'm on Killster's side with this one.

Minecraft has a lot of cheaty mods that don't add anything to gameplay, and TFC has tried to move away from that and be a more respectable game.

If we wanted you guys to have an in-game system for this, we would have given you one. We released the game we wanted you to play, and with this program, that's not what you're doing :/

We have no right to stop you, but it makes me kinda sad that you wouldn't want to play TFC the way we wrote it :(

We have no right to stop you, but it makes me kinda sad that you wouldn't want to play TFC the way we wrote it :(

I want to play the game as you guys make it, i wouldn't use this myself. But i know a lot of people will use it, who am i to stop them from doing so? :

EDIT: space bar screwed up ._.

I understand the whole concept of keeping specific numbers a secret in exchange for a more exploratory gameplay experience. This food system has already shown itself as a great way to do this: by seed of the world you're playing in. But I disagree that sharing your experiments with food is game breaking/not how it should be played. It's equivalent to sharing information about where you found ores on a multiplayer server; it's world specific. If I tell your where I found something in my game, that has no bearing on where you'll find it in yours. If I make signs on my server depicting what recipes make what, is that playing the game wrong? If I tell my friends where the mine is located is that playing the game wrong? It's all about progressing your server to the next level; why make EVERYONE experiment when I KNOW what works and what doesn't. We're all playing together, surviving, doing our part. Sharing this information with each other is part of that process.

I know there is a this big idea of not sharing information. And I get that. But you won't be able to control everyone. This is the internet. Someone might say, hey, I'm gonna do the research, browse the code, and post all the numbers I find. You wouldn't be able to stop that. Some people want that. I don't; I like how the game requires experimenting and exploring on your own. So therefore I don't have to go to that site. I don't have to look at that information. But this is just trying too hard to stop something you really can't control. It makes me mad when I see the developers getting so mad over people doing this. Just remove the content if you don't like it, and remind people you don't want that. Don't go on some tirade about people playing your game wrong; some people just don't know. Some people like it that way. It's just something we'll all have to deal with.

TFC is a game based off of Minecraft. Is it how the creators of Minecraft wanted it to be? No. Who's to say someone won't play TFC in a way its creators didn't want it to be? Its just how it goes. I support the devs in all they do creating this wonderful mod, but there's only so much policing you can do before it gets overbearing to watch...

I think this is over the top. There is a certain point were a aid becomes not in the spirit of TFC, and this crosses the line in the sand. Besides, you can't argue with a game dev as many of you have pointed out to me before. Even if dunk had said nothing though my opinion would be unchanged. This completely de values the chefs job on a server. If any old person can go and look at the meals on that servers seed, then how is the chef supposed to keep their recipies secret and thus profit from them? I don't think this should be done. At all.

I think this is over the top. There is a certain point were a aid becomes not in the spirit of TFC, and this crosses the line in the sand. Besides, you can't argue with a game dev as many of you have pointed out to me before. Even if dunk had said nothing though my opinion would be unchanged. This completely de values the chefs job on a server. If any old person can go and look at the meals on that servers seed, then how is the chef supposed to keep their recipies secret and thus profit from them? I don't think this should be done. At all.

Treyflix is right.

We made this mod with communities in mind, we want people to be able to specialize into a skill that makes them feel useful and worthwhile on a server. We've been trying to develop different ways of doing this without adding skills to the game because we want it to be more organic than that, but you guys are fighting us every step of the way.

We made this mod with communities in mind, we want people to be able to specialize into a skill that makes them feel useful and worthwhile on a server. We've been trying to develop different ways of doing this without adding skills to the game because we want it to be more organic than that, but you guys are fighting us every step of the way.

Unfortunately the only skill in cooking right now is knowing the recipes, and it's mostly luck whether you discover the right one. So you can't be a skilled chef without trying every possible combination, or getting lucky and finding a good one. The only logical result of this is that people will share the recipes they found. This system needs work if you really want it to be based on player skill and not just grinding (ie: trying every different combination).

The blacksmithing is better, there's some skill there, but it seems like it has the same problem of if you know the recipe then you are a master, although I haven't tested to see if that's the case. Maybe add a little randomness to it so you really have to have a feel for how much the bar moves. Maybe a limit to how many times you can hit it before the ingot becomes unworkable and you have to melt it down and try again. Maybe a time limit, or just having the metal cooling in the anvil so if you're not quick enough you have to reheat it again.