Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

TFCF (Recipe Tracker)

65 posts in this topic

We have no right to stop you, but it makes me kinda sad that you wouldn't want to play TFC the way we wrote it :(

Why does that make you sad? Different people have fun in different ways. If people are having fun with what you created - even if it's in a way that you didn't intend or don't like yourself - shouldn't that be a good thing?

I mostly agree with dunk on this, even though he may have put it more bluntly than I. That said, this in no way breaks the system that I've put in place for meals because players still have to research these for each individual seed and this does not figure out recipes for the player. As a result, I'm not entirely opposed this. Dunk was correct in stating that TFC has been designed with the idea that players in SMP would take up roles and perhaps want to guard the secrets to super effect meals. However if you choose to not play this way, it's your game. I don't really care how you play as long as any information that you distribute does not somehow affect players on a different seed.

A Wild Bioxx Appeared! Where was my master ball...*digs around in pocket*

*knocks out kimbblesrath* shhhshshshshshshhhhh no one needs to know *slowly drags kimbblesrath away*

is it possible to fix the problem at the source? perhaps my minecraft steve has different taste buds than your minecraft steve... i like potatoes, they give me energy! you like carrots they give you energy!. aka, instead of seed based food effects, why not have a random "seed" in character data. so each character will have different tastes.

That is a horribly awesome idea.

don't think it'll happen, but I like the sound of it.

If you play with friends you'll learn what they 'like' and you'll give them buffs but you might need a different diet, this causes a good demand for variety at the community level.

Treyflix is right.

We made this mod with communities in mind, we want people to be able to specialize into a skill that makes them feel useful and worthwhile on a server. We've been trying to develop different ways of doing this without adding skills to the game because we want it to be more organic than that, but you guys are fighting us every step of the way.

If someone wants to specialize in meals they can simply not post their meals.

I have to have to have to agree with Bioxx and Dunk and i can definitely identify with Dunk.

Take for instance (hypothetically) a Ferrari. Soooo much of that car is crafted by hand. For someone that absolutely loves what they do and has put so much of themselves into creating such a kick ass machine, do you think they dont give a flying poo if some nimrod treats it like a shit box and drives it off a cliff because "different people have fun in different ways"?

Of course people cant be policed or made to play a game the way it was intended. And no matter how you try, people will continue to do so, and claim it is to help quell the unessecary grinding. Problem being that there is a fine line between grinding and working hard to earn something. It sucks how so many people that play games want everyhing without working for it.

I think that everything from food recipes to alchemy to magical concoctions, etc... Should be seed reliant.

And on that note, making it not seed reliant, but player based would suck since every recipe would end up being the same regardless of how many worlds you started, and it would make the job of being a community's chef pointless since your recipes wouldnt work for others.

And on that note, making it not seed reliant, but player based would suck since every recipe would end up being the same regardless of how many worlds you started, and it would make the job of being a community's chef pointless since your recipes wouldnt work for others.

i think not just player based, but also seed reliant... for example player random number 1-1000 / seed number, gives a random number which would be the food preference number. that way different seeds will output different tastes, as well as different characters on that seed.

if you dont like that method how about adding a leveling process for each skill, the more ingredients you test and meals you make the better the benefit of the created meal. you could also apply that to things like cave ins, prospecting, and even farming. but that kinda turns minecraft into an rpg. and not everyone likes those types, it also introduces grinding to max out your food prep skill.

i say let bygons be bygons and play to have fun.

The randomness of recipes could not be based on player identification, as effects would be different for every player on the same server, again, making the role of a server "chef" obsolete, as any recipes discovered by that player would only work for that player. Know what I'm sezzin?

Also, while some players would like a leveling system for skills such as mining and crafting, that wont be happening. There have been threads discussing this in length. The devs want a game based on the skills and "knowledge of the player" not a skill level or the likes.

The chefs could quite obviously work with cooperation of the other players.

The chefs could quite obviously work with cooperation of the other players.

Alrighty then, Mr. Renadi. ;p, how do you propose a chef puts a price on his menu if what is Speed V for one player is nothing more than a few stamina and health for another?

Not to mention the extra processing (even if a little) required for the server to remember all those combinations for each player.

a good chef knows how to make exactly what's best for you.

basically your best chef would not be a stranger, not be replaceable, it would have to be a friend who knows you and has shoved random food down your throat on multiple occasions to test it.

Renadi, no. Seriously, I'm to tired to discuss this.

This seems to me very much like the many world mapper modes that show where all the biomes, strongholds, and villages are. Honestly though, it's nowhere near as bad as it doesn't find the recipes for you, and unless you're using a common seed their won't be any documentation on it anyway. This doesn't even effect servers now that seeds no longer showing up unless you're and admin. Live and let live, it's the players choice anyway.

EDIT: After reviewing the example, I may use this as a much better organized cook book. Seeing as I'm alone in my world it's not cheaty, as all of the recipes will be of my own discovery. Maybe it'd be cool if there were craftable cookbooks where individual chefs can record their findings.

EDIT EDIT: So apparently I need a server to even use it. I see. It'd be much better as a separate site that records them for everyone, but whatever.