Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Cadde

[B66] Impossible metalsmithing plan?

24 posts in this topic

I have a knife smithing plan, i only have access to Zinc at this current time.

The last actions is Draw -> Draw -> Hit and the goal is far to the right on the plan.

I have put the marker at the very far right edge before doing the required steps and the marker ends up just to the left outside the goal range.

So i can't make my metal knife. (Not that i really need it right now but it bothers me none the less)

What am i to do?

EDIT: Typo

EDIT #2:

For those "non believers" out there ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I already heard of this "bug". I don't remember where, but a guy said that there's another way to make it...

I already heard of this "bug". I don't remember where, but a guy said that there's another way to make it...

I think it was me, but I was using steel.

What guy? What other way?

What guy? What other way?

This guy that I don't remember said only that there's another way, not hat way, then I don't know so much...

I think he was mistaken in that.

Yeah that's great to know there is "another way" but what i am really interested in is to know the way.

I have a knife smithing plan, i only have access to Zinc at this current time.

The last actions is Draw -> Draw -> Hit and the goal is far to the right on the plan.

I have put the marker at the very far right edge before doing the required steps and the marker ends up just to the left outside the goal range.

So i can't make my metal knife. (Not that i really need it right now but it bothers me none the less)

What am i to do?

EDIT: Typo

could you provide a picture of said plan in the anvil gui so we can see your issue? Use a fresh ingot when taking the picture please, if you have none, just melt a used one down into a mold again and remake the ingot. ;)

Yeah it was me that said that there was another way in Vlad's thread. But I was wrong because I misunderstood the OP and built the wrong picture in my head.

Yeah it was me that said that there was another way in Vlad's thread. But I was wrong because I misunderstood the OP and built the wrong picture in my head.

This explains all. Ok then no other way...I hope this will be fixed........

For the record though, there are still plenty of knives out there that work fine. It's just some metals that result in an impossible recipe. bronze works fine and lasts a very long time. (Unless your farming an entire quarter-section, I suppose.)

The last thread that reported this said steel was the problem. This OP says zinc. So I just made a zinc knife, no problem. Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

Plenty of room for draw, draw, hit. You should post a screenshot if yours looks different.

could you provide a picture of said plan in the anvil gui so we can see your issue? Use a fresh ingot when taking the picture please, if you have none, just melt a used one down into a mold again and remake the ingot. ;)/>

Edited my original post with pics (or it didn't happen, right?) and used a fresh ingot.

I wasted another ingot trying to gain another pixel in the bar.

It's an impossible recipe!

Interesting. It looks like maybe you're on a widescreen display. Maybe this has something to do with your screen resolution, and the target marker is just being drawn in the wrong place?

EDIT: I'm comparing your screen to mine, and I wonder why my anvil gui is centered but yours is all the way to the left.

Interesting. It looks like maybe you're on a widescreen display. Maybe this has something to do with your screen resolution, and the target marker is just being drawn in the wrong place?

EDIT: I'm comparing your screen to mine, and I wonder why my anvil gui is centered but yours is all the way to the left.

He cropped his image. You can see the inventory hotbar on the bottom left if you look close enough. His gui is centered just like yours.

The last thread that reported this said steel was the problem. This OP says zinc. So I just made a zinc knife, no problem. Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

Plenty of room for draw, draw, hit. You should post a screenshot if yours looks different.

I believe smithig 'recipies' are random depending on worldseed.

Edited my original post with pics (or it didn't happen, right?) and used a fresh ingot.

I wasted another ingot trying to gain another pixel in the bar.

It's an impossible recipe!

Would you mind supplying me with the seed used for that world, I want to try and see if I can't replicate your results, and if I can, I will let Bioxx know of the issue, cause you should always be able to complete a smithing plan, afaik.

I only need the seed, not your save ;)

If you don't have commands enabled in single player here is how to get the seed:

open game to local multiplayer, you now have access to commands, type in "/seed" and it will write it in chat for you, nice and neat :)

I believe smithig 'recipies' are random depending on worldseed.

Doesn't seem that way. Knife is always draw, draw, hit. Unless you mean the target position changes with the seed?

Doesn't seem that way. Knife is always draw, draw, hit. Unless you mean the target position changes with the seed?

I don't think the target is supposed to change with seed either... they sure don't seem to for me anyway. There are now two reports of this happening to people though, so it might be one of those random and highly circumstantial bugs slipping in. (Those suck.)

Form what I have seen, smithing recipes are not dependent on the seed.

Nope, i had to crop them considering they where 1920x1200 screenshots. I did not feel the need to include the remaining irrelevant screenspace.

Would you mind supplying me with the seed used for that world, I want to try and see if I can't replicate your results, and if I can, I will let Bioxx know of the issue, cause you should always be able to complete a smithing plan, afaik.

I only need the seed, not your save ;)/>/>

If you don't have commands enabled in single player here is how to get the seed:

open game to local multiplayer, you now have access to commands, type in "/seed" and it will write it in chat for you, nice and neat :)/>/>

Posted Image

EDIT:

So basically, what someone was saying is that later on when i make alloys i will get another goal for my knife?

If so then i don't really mind this "bug" but if it's the same all the way through then.... UGH!

I haven't been playing that much, been busy with other things and solo TFC is slooooow.

Why do you want a knife anyways?

Does it matter why i want one? Does it matter what i am going to use one for?

Either way, the knife is a quite frequently used tool when converting freshly sown wheat etc to grains. Using stone knives is a chore as i have to remake them all the time.

Besides, i want full sets of metal tools.

Posted Image

I haven't been playing that much, been busy with other things and solo TFC is slooooow.

Imma try out the seed tonight. See if I can reproduce this too... more machines the better.

Slooooow is good! Makes you think about your plan.

Why do you want a knife anyways?

Because he can, or as the case may be he can't but you know what I mean.