Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EvilNecroid

Making metal weapons and armor more usefull!!

65 posts in this topic

Ok getting rid of the stone pickaxe made the metal 1 sooo much more fun to get to because it instantly became extreamly usefull to the point where u cant live without it. But when i get to the part where im ready to make swords and armor i get bored because i can kill things easy enough with wood and leather so i feel like im wasting metal if i upgrade.

So heres what im thinking should be done...

Make a new area either biome, dungeon/cave or neather or something that has something of great value in it so people will really wanna go there but make it so u cant survive there unless u have the metal gear :)

keeping in the theme of realizm maybe make it a dark forest biome with lions and tigers and bears oh my!

you're new here... so I'll play nice...

~reaches into coat and pulls out a knife~

~jumps at you holding knife to your throat~

WE DONT EVER REFER TO THIS MOD AS REALISTIC. GOT THAT? GOT THAT? K, I'll put the knife down and let you go about your way.

the dungeon is a Confirmed feature, and many topics have talked about biomes, dimensions and dungeons. use the search feature next time please.

Welcome to the forums

try not to end up like Rodger. He didnt last with JAG. :)

Seriously, what's up with you and "realistic"? :huh:

its a forum standard. if you dont understand it take time to get to know the vets of the forum. they are all too willing to explain.

If you wanted realism, put on some boots and head out into the big, bad outdoors for a game of "real life" :) .. This mod (if anything) is intended to give a delicate balance of believability and enjoyable gameplay :) .. On the subject of forum vets, we seem to be a dying breed :(

indeed. its a far cry from what it used to be. I think i marked the decline when I came in... not even a joke.

The usefulness and enjoyment of a forum is indirectly proportional to the size of its noob population. This is going to be an unfortunate side effect with rapid growth and exposure to the wider MC community. The forum (well, the mods really) is(are) going to need to figure out how to deal with this to keep the forums functional as a site for people treating their installs like beta tests.

It may be useful to have a separate forum section that is by-invite-only for people who have demonstrated themselves useful to the community. The rest of the forums can be for the masses. But this too carries with it some problems.

indeed. its a far cry from what it used to be. I think i marked the decline when I came in... not even a joke.

I wouldn't say so :P .. If anything you appeared during the peak of the forum, but I would say it lasted til after your arrival .. After all, you were part of the beautiful dream that was terra :( .. After that, it just seemed like the forum activity and quality dropped a notch :( .. Does eternal still post here much ? I always decided his departure would mark the death of "suggestions" :L .. This isn't meant as a slight to the new guys by the way .. You've posted some awesome ideas, I'm just reminiscing :P

realism and belivability can be interchangable, but 'realistic' is more applicable to TFC in comparison to vanilla, then 'belivable'... but what ever, you guys have your own thing, vets.

Ok getting rid of the stone pickaxe made the metal 1 sooo much more fun to get to because it instantly became extreamly usefull to the point where u cant live without it. But when i get to the part where im ready to make swords and armor i get bored because i can kill things easy enough with wood and leather so i feel like im wasting metal if i upgrade.

So heres what im thinking should be done...

Make a new area either biome, dungeon/cave or neather or something that has something of great value in it so people will really wanna go there but make it so u cant survive there unless u have the metal gear :)

keeping in the theme of realizm maybe make it a dark forest biome with lions and tigers and bears oh my!

I'm wondering how you made a stone pickaxe in the first place, honestly ._. any arguement i could say against this has already been said, so...

I wouldn't say so :P .. If anything you appeared during the peak of the forum, but I would say it lasted til after your arrival .. After all, you were part of the beautiful dream that was terra :( .. After that, it just seemed like the forum activity and quality dropped a notch :( .. Does eternal still post here much ? I always decided his departure would mark the death of "suggestions" :L .. This isn't meant as a slight to the new guys by the way .. You've posted some awesome ideas, I'm just reminiscing :P

He is a little bit less active, quite honestly, but he's still here.

Forum veterans might be dying of, but there is quite a bit of new people to replace their roles (Wolf, for example...). Our job here is to keep the forums productive and fun, and if we can't do it any more, someone else will do it for us. Let's just enjoy our time left here (which, for me at least, it's a lot)

Erm, the only verterans that really died off were you Jed, and Eternal sort of. You both still post though... Taco just came back, and I'm still here right? :D or am I not a vet? :/

But seriously, You and eternal need to post more. It's kinda been all up to JAG, ECC, and myself to uphold the old standards.

Erm, the only verterans that really died off were you Jed, and Eternal sort of. You both still post though... Taco just came back, and I'm still here right? :D/> or am I not a vet? :/

But seriously, You and eternal need to post more. It's kinda been all up to JAG, ECC, and myself to uphold the old standards.

Course you are, I just feel like everyone is less active than they used to be :L .. Maybe it's a perceptive issue on my part :L

Well yeh, I can see that. Noodles kinda stopped posting much too, although I know she is lurking around here some where. JAG has been posting a TON though as well as Leo.

I miss having the "super posters" though, not that you guys would post a lot, but you did really high quality posts. JAG and Leo still do that, but without you and eternal... well... no Eternal criticism or Jed tier suggestions... :/

...to replace their roles (Wolf, for example...).

Well, thanks. Really I'm a veteran? Or at least can I be called so?

Well, thanks. Really I'm a veteran? Or at least can I be called so?

Ever since you are an evil lord, yes :)

Now seriously, you are pretty active, know the guidelines pretty well, and you are also pretty much the only guy who will stop us from just killing the newbies when they do stuff wrong : so yeah, i think you could be called a veteran... a second generation one, but still.

you are also pretty much the only guy who will stop us from just killing the newbies when they do stuff wrong...

Yeah, I think I'm the only one doing this. But because I remember that I too was a newbie and then I try to help. Also I met a nice community when I joined the forums, then I want that also the other people find a nice community.

Ever since you are an evil lord, yes :)

Now seriously, you are pretty active, know the guidelines pretty well, and you are also pretty much the only guy who will stop us from just killing the newbies when they do stuff wrong : so yeah, i think you could be called a veteran... a second generation one, but still.

Off topic, but..the ``second generation`` reminded of this book series I read, The Alchemyst, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, or something like that. It referred to second generation and first generation elders or elder gods.

Off topic, but..the ``second generation`` reminded of this book series I read, The Alchemyst, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, or something like that. It referred to second generation and first generation elders or elder gods.

And today I discover that I am a veteran and even a god. What a unusual day :D

And today I discover that I am a veteran and even a god. What a unusual day :D

Ahaha, lol. The ever kidding lord of wolves. But it is a good series of books, you should read it if you ever have the time and are into that kind of fantasy series.

Ahaha, lol. The ever kidding lord of wolves. But it is a good series of books, you should read it if you ever have the time and are into that kind of fantasy series.

The ever kidding!?! Did you read...

The ever kidding!?! Did you read...

read....? READ WHAT? I have to know!

read....? READ WHAT? I have to know!

But this doesn't make sense...you're not the all seeing eye now...how can you know such things?

But this doesn't make sense...you're not the all seeing eye now...how can you know such things?

I guess his esscence rubbed of on me a little...I can hear his voice in my head...I am the ever kidding lord of wolves. GAHHAHHHHH! I guess his hiding place is my head...Sherlock has the basement and TASE has the head

.I am the ever kidding lord of wolves.

No, me is the ever kidding lord of wolves. Why does he lie?

No, me is the ever kidding lord of wolves. Why does he lie?

It was the voice in my head...made me type what I was thinking.....grrrr. It's getting better now. Softer, quieter.