Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ExplosionGuy

Configuration So Everyone Is Happy

89 posts in this topic

I really think there should be a config file were the user of the mod can determine how rare things are in their own world, limits that they have, what entities/blocks spawns/generates and what doesn't, how long it takes for plants and trees to grow, etc. I realize that Bioxx wants to make the mod the way he wants to, but there's no reason we shouldn't have the ability to make it our own, rather than the way he wants everyone to play.

I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores. It would be understandable if there was a guide on how

A lot of people suggest things to be changed JUST like this, and there is no possible way to make everyone happy unless they can edit the way the mod is themselves.

EDIT: I take what I said: "I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores."

I've realized, with experience, that it's not like this. Although I still believe that there should be a config file with everything I stated above, I realize that if it does happen, it probably won't happen until a full release of the mod. I have considered everyone's opinions on this matter.

you know what the problem is with your suggestion: well, mining is supposed to be learnt on your own, its a skill, there are people REALLY good at it.

but the top part, the config part, has a very valid reason called authors copyright. Bioxx's crew made the mod, if they make a config file like you wanted, people could just hijack the idea, change a bit in the configs, alter a little bit of naming, and present it as their own mod, so unfortunately NO it is

How could someone possible change the time trees take to grow and the rarity of ore and call it a new mod?

Bioxx has stated that SOME config options will be available once the mod is out of the Beta phase, but right now it makes it far too difficult to track bugs. you never know what config is causing a issue. He has already offered a few, such as year length, but I suspect that is all he is planning on in the near future. Besides, prospecting is not as hard as you think. You just have to be smart about it

the very same way you can take a cookie from a kid and claim it was yours all the time if no one else is around to prove you wrong, there is no legal copyright here, its protection of intellectual property (bioxx made it its his, but not by official law) so if someone else changes it around and presents it, he coul just go all: I MADE IT AND THEN THIS BIOXX KID STOLE MY IDEA AND MADE IT HARDER! and you wouldnt believe the chance it has to be succesfull in this world.

still, the idea in itself to have some options changeable coul be implemented, but not via a player-controlled config file, but via a buttons list like the render settings, you get some choices, choose, you dont get to make your own seperate choices.

by the way, congrats on the high roller (777) topic, too bad its a bad one :(

So... you are patient enough to endure all the other time consuming tasks in TFC (like, making a big charcoal pit when you live far away form any big tree, or travelling...), but not enough to endure prospecting when it takes 20 minutes at most if you know what you are doing (protip: there is a guides section in this forum). I'm not completely sure you are the right guy for this mod...

you know what the problem is with your suggestion: well, mining is supposed to be learnt on your own, its a skill, there are people REALLY good at it.

but the top part, the config part, has a very valid reason called authors copyright. Bioxx's crew made the mod, if they make a config file like you wanted, people could just hijack the idea, change a bit in the configs, alter a little bit of naming, and present it as their own mod, so unfortunately NO it is

I completely disagree, VERY few people in the Minecraft community create mods, and an incredibly small fraction if any at all would be stupid enough to do that. So by the random, upright ridiculously rare chance that someone does, the people who see it will either recocnize it as a rip-off, or probably won't be interested in the first place.

The only time I can remember anyone doing the was Chickenbones (the creator of NEI) and he didn't steal ANY of the coding. AT ALL. He took the idea and made it better, and there is nothing wrong with that. In-fact, to prevent that, is absolutely selfish and arrogant (e.g. This is what Apple is doing with their products) and I don't believe this would be why Bioxx would refuse this request.

How could someone possible change the time trees take to grow and the rarity of ore and call it a new mod?

Thank you! You just earned a like, good sir!

Bioxx has stated that SOME config options will be available once the mod is out of the Beta phase, but right now it makes it far too difficult to track bugs. you never know what config is causing a issue. He has already offered a few, such as year length, but I suspect that is all he is planning on in the near future. Besides, prospecting is not as hard as you think. You just have to be smart about it

Good to know, thanks for the info.

the very same way you can take a cookie from a kid and claim it was yours all the time if no one else is around to prove you wrong, there is no legal copyright here, its protection of intellectual property (bioxx made it its his, but not by official law) so if someone else changes it around and presents it, he coul just go all: I MADE IT AND THEN THIS BIOXX KID STOLE MY IDEA AND MADE IT HARDER! and you wouldnt believe the chance it has to be succesfull in this world.

still, the idea in itself to have some options changeable coul be implemented, but not via a player-controlled config file, but via a buttons list like the render settings, you get some choices, choose, you dont get to make your own seperate choices.

Unless of course someone saw you take the cookie from the kid.

If it were to happen, the person who took the idea would have to change it, and make it there own so much, that they would be working just as hard as Bioxx. If they didn't, he/she would get shoved off the forums and hated for stealing someone else's mod.

What do you mean "high roller (777) topic?" What is that?

So... you are patient enough to endure all the other time consuming tasks in TFC (like, making a big charcoal pit when you live far away form any big tree, or travelling...), but not enough to endure prospecting when it takes 20 minutes at most if you know what you are doing (protip: there is a guides section in this forum). I'm not completely sure you are the right guy for this mod...

I have patients, but I have to admit that I don't have the patients to search for ores for hours inside of a huge cave in creative mode for hours and find nothing. Hopefully I can learn how to prospect better and experience exactly what you're taking about, because I found it outrageously difficult to find ores, even when I was flying around prospecting 300 blocks a minute.

do not prospect on the surface. Go deeper, i prefer Y60, dig a tunnel and check walls. make sure to dig in a kind of stone that can hold the ore you search. And overall, once you find a vein down there it will normally last for a good while. There are coal veins for example that hold more coal than you can fire in your whole minecraft life.

"Any threads suggesting a change to the Prospecting Pick to make it easier or more accurate will be summarily terminated. In any system that I implement, I try to do justice to the folks that do these things for real. Prospecting takes years to learn and master. As such, prospecting in TerraFirmaCraft is a skill. It CAN be mastered. In fact there are quite a few people who have already discovered how to use it to great effect.

This is the nature of TerraFirmaCraft. Not everyone will be good at everything. This is by design. I don't WANT everyone to be masters at everything. Please accept this. Thank you."

Prospecting is fine and will continue this way by design, what you are proposing is a change in the design of TFC by a config file, maybe this is not the mod for you.

P.S. you already can change the number of days a year has ingame, look for that.

Okay, let me rephrase.

How could someone possible change the time trees take to grow and the rarity of ore and call it a new mod, and not be able to just steal the mod as it is now?

via access to the config files, theres more in that than you might imagine

Config files are not used to make the game easier or harder. They exist to make the game playable if you have problems with your pc or conflicts with other mods. Then you can turn off some little things in the game.

I have patients, but I have to admit that I don't have the patients to search for ores for hours inside of a huge cave in creative mode for hours and find nothing. Hopefully I can learn how to prospect better and experience exactly what you're taking about, because I found it outrageously difficult to find ores, even when I was flying around prospecting 300 blocks a minute.

... As i said, if you know what you are doing, you will get them pretty faster; 'cause TFC ores can only RARELY be found in the walls of caves or near them, no matter the size ._. yeah, a lot of guys discovered huge veins there, but compare the number of TFC players to the number of players that posted this discoveries...

Spoilered 'cause a lot of people don't want to know this : it's a prospecting technic for the first two tiers.

What i normally do is:

-Search for a small area where breaking the rocks gives you three or more nuggets or one kind of ore, and mark it.

-Make a prospector pick and a pickaxe with nuggets.

--If you can't find enough nuggets in the rocks around, try and place sluices in/near one of the marked areas and feed it gravel (or sand if you can't find gravel)

-In a marked area, dig all the dirt in a YxY hole until you hit the rock. (Y depends on how many nuggets you found there; the less nuggets, the bigger Y should be; the more, the smaller. Minimun: 5x5, maximun: 25x25). Then use the pick to mine 3 layers of rock, so if you find something you won't be making tunnels directly under the dirt and it won't collapse on you.

-Prospect all the visible rock, 'till you find some reading from the pick.

--If you happen to find more than one reading, use the higher one.

-Make a tunnel in the direction of the higher reading, 12 blocks wide, and then follow this guide:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1484-how-to-find-ores-using-a-prospectors-pick/

You will get the ore in less than a day if you use this correctly. Then, for higher tier ores, mine your way down or go into a cave down to Y 60, mine 'till you find some reading adn use the guide again. Hope this helps :3

ores are a lot more common than you think, you're just doing it wrong.

Here's how to prospect for beginner ores: break rocks until you find the desired ore nugget (ie small sphalerite). 90% of the time, this means that there is an ore vein of that type directly below you at some depth. Go down there and start prospecting. Look for CHANGES in the readout of the pro pick. Say the reading goes from small sample at one block to medium on one directly next to it. go 12 blocks in the direction of the medium sample from the small sample. Repeat for the other 2 coordinate directions and you will pinpoint the spot with the ore. This has never failed me.

do not prospect on the surface. Go deeper, i prefer Y60, dig a tunnel and check walls. make sure to dig in a kind of stone that can hold the ore you search. And overall, once you find a vein down there it will normally last for a good while. There are coal veins for example that hold more coal than you can fire in your whole minecraft life.

I wasn't prospecting on the surface, I was prospecting in a cave, but I heard just now that ores are more rarely found in caves. That must have been my problem. I didn't know about coal veins, though. That's awesome.

"Any threads suggesting a change to the Prospecting Pick to make it easier or more accurate will be summarily terminated. In any system that I implement, I try to do justice to the folks that do these things for real. Prospecting takes years to learn and master. As such, prospecting in TerraFirmaCraft is a skill. It CAN be mastered. In fact there are quite a few people who have already discovered how to use it to great effect.

This is the nature of TerraFirmaCraft. Not everyone will be good at everything. This is by design. I don't WANT everyone to be masters at everything. Please accept this. Thank you."

Prospecting is fine and will continue this way by design, what you are proposing is a change in the design of TFC by a config file, maybe this is not the mod for you.

P.S. you already can change the number of days a year has ingame, look for that.

Yes, I know there are config files, but they can't do really anything that I would like them to do. i don't think prospecting should be easier, that's not really what I was talking about at all. I was talking about having the ability to change the rarity of generated things in the mod. Maybe I just want to change how often animals generate, or how often I find seeds.

I have the freedom to say what I feel, and this is how I feel. You're not going to change what I think about this by quoting Bioxx EXACTLY. I just read that post a few days ago.

Okay, let me rephrase.

How could someone possible change the time trees take to grow and the rarity of ore and call it a new mod, and not be able to just steal the mod as it is now?

You sir, are awesome. +1!

via access to the config files, theres more in that than you might imagine

Not really. It just changes a few things like ID's "year" lengths, and a few other things. If the things I'm suggesting were added, it would only change block/entity generation within the mod.

Config files are not used to make the game easier or harder. They exist to make the game playable if you have problems with your pc or conflicts with other mods. Then you can turn off some little things in the game.

i know what you mean, but I don't really agree. I have had mods that you can completely change what is generated and the rarity of the generation. Inficraft was the one I was using. A lot of the ores were useless so I removed them. I shouldn't have to remove a great mod because the modder "doesn't feel like" making a more powerful config file.

... As i said, if you know what you are doing, you will get them pretty faster; 'cause TFC ores can only RARELY be found in the walls of caves or near them, no matter the size ._. yeah, a lot of guys discovered huge veins there, but compare the number of TFC players to the number of players that posted this discoveries...

Spoilered 'cause a lot of people don't want to know this : it's a prospecting technic for the first two tiers.

What i normally do is:

-Search for a small area where breaking the rocks gives you three or more nuggets or one kind of ore, and mark it.

-Make a prospector pick and a pickaxe with nuggets.

--If you can't find enough nuggets in the rocks around, try and place sluices in/near one of the marked areas and feed it gravel (or sand if you can't find gravel)

-In a marked area, dig all the dirt in a YxY hole until you hit the rock. (Y depends on how many nuggets you found there; the less nuggets, the bigger Y should be; the more, the smaller. Minimun: 5x5, maximun: 25x25). Then use the pick to mine 3 layers of rock, so if you find something you won't be making tunnels directly under the dirt and it won't collapse on you.

-Prospect all the visible rock, 'till you find some reading from the pick.

--If you happen to find more than one reading, use the higher one.

-Make a tunnel in the direction of the higher reading, 12 blocks wide, and then follow this guide:

http://terrafirmacra...ospectors-pick/

You will get the ore in less than a day if you use this correctly. Then, for higher tier ores, mine your way down or go into a cave down to Y 60, mine 'till you find some reading adn use the guide again. Hope this helps :3

THANK YOU. This is VERY helpful.

I'm also wondering if there is a guide on how to get nuggets from rocks that can be found. There are games that I will spend hours looking, just to find 4 Cassiterite and over 300-400 rocks... I'm really not sure what you mean by the 3ird one. Can you explain it more detailed for me?

ores are a lot more common than you think, you're just doing it wrong.

Here's how to prospect for beginner ores: break rocks until you find the desired ore nugget (ie small sphalerite). 90% of the time, this means that there is an ore vein of that type directly below you at some depth. Go down there and start prospecting. Look for CHANGES in the readout of the pro pick. Say the reading goes from small sample at one block to medium on one directly next to it. go 12 blocks in the direction of the medium sample from the small sample. Repeat for the other 2 coordinate directions and you will pinpoint the spot with the ore. This has never failed me.

I've read this before, and i'll be sure to try it out. I got distracted from the first time I tried, so it didn't help much. I have found an ore vein before, and it was huge. I found it through the method you were talking about, but I was in creative mode and in a cave. Lol.

I still think the config files should give you the ability to edit generations in the game. it's not really just about ores, if at all.

i know what you mean, but I don't really agree. I have had mods that you can completely change what is generated and the rarity of the generation. Inficraft was the one I was using. A lot of the ores were useless so I removed them. I shouldn't have to remove a great mod because the modder "doesn't feel like" making a more powerful config file.

But remember that this is TFC. Not a normal mod, but the first new type of minecraft and being new it can do whatever it wants with the configs because it uses minecraft only as engine, not as theme. Then this cannot be compared with toher mods, because if the devs could have a new engine and the same fans as now, they would probably make a new game.

Dunk can correct if I wrote something false.

I wasn't prospecting on the surface, I was prospecting in a cave, but I heard just now that ores are more rarely found in caves. That must have been my problem. I didn't know about coal veins, though. That's awesome.

Ah caves...yes caves are bad. empty space, no ores. I prefer places without caves if possible. More stone, bigger chance of ore spawning. Searching caves for ores is really on of the worst ideas in tfc. Solid stone at y60 is what gives me the best results. Though you have to dig your own tunnel... may be a bit frustrating some times if you find like gold, redstone, lapis, borax, coal and so on, but not the goddamn iron you were searching for.... I know that feeling.

So basically, your mistake was not reading any guide, thinking that various aspects from the game was not to your liking and asking for the developers to change it, or allow it to be changeable to your liking so you don't spend time trying to learn the mechanics of this mod. It surely takes a while to learn, but when you do it is far more rewarding.

As it was stated before, when you allow it to be configurable by the user the bug tracking just becomes hellish, and it is pretty important to Bioxx keep track of bugs, I could quote him on other threads about this issue but you seem like you can do it by yourself, also look for better ore generation from Marcopolo, it is configurable but it is not a new content mod.

IF you still think that it isn't to your liking you can mod it, just keep it to yourself.

Killster, there is no way to make a new mod just changing a config file, that is the same as releasing the parent mod.

THANK YOU. This is VERY helpful.

I'm also wondering if there is a guide on how to get nuggets from rocks that can be found. There are games that I will spend hours looking, just to find 4 Cassiterite and over 300-400 rocks... I'm really not sure what you mean by the 3ird one. Can you explain it more detailed for me?

Again, spoilered for the same reasons:

There exist two methods for getting ore nuggets in the mod, other than getting them from lose rocks: The Sluice, and the Panning.

For panning, you need to make a bowl (knife+log in the crafting grid, any position i think), and then craft that bowl into a panning bowl (or something like that, i don't remember the exact name). Then, find a river (rivers have gravel in the bottom) and right click one of the blocks in the bttom of the river: it must be directly under water. If you did it right, it will give you a panning bowl full of the material you just right clicked on. Then, dig a channel for the water to flow in, and right click in the flowing water; that will empty the bowl, and has a change of giving you both gems and ore nuggets (if you collected sand, it's more likely to give you gems; if you collected gravel, it's likely to give you nuggets; if you collected dirt, it's an equal and low chance for both to happen). Right click again in the same block and repeat. Blocks will dissapear after using the panning bowl on them three times.

Then there is the sluice: it's crafted in the crafting table, by placing 3 planks and three sticks like this:

SXX

PSX

PPS

(where S is stick, P is plank and X is empty.)

There are some special conditions for placing the sluice; the wiki shows how to place it much better than i could.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Sluice

Now that you placed the sluice, you have to feed either gravel or sand to it (dirt won't do). This can be done in two ways: By throwing the block over the sluice, which will fill 20 of the 50 "points" it can hold, and by right clicking on it with a panning bowl full of sand or gravel, which will fill 7 of this points. When it has some points, and as long as it's receibing water correctly, the sluice will slowly empty itself down, point by point. Every point it empties has a chance of giving you either a gem or a nugget. As before, gravel has higher chances of giving you nuggets, while sand has higher chances of giving you gems. Like in the vanilla furnace, you don't need to wait 'till it's empty to take any item in it; but unlike it, it can't be used for storage, as once you took the item from it, it won't allow you to place it back.

Both of these methods, unlike the loose rocks one, are fully reusable as long as there is water around you. However, loose rocks are still the best option when you explore for near-surface ores, 'cause it's not dependant on water in any way and hence, you can freely explore any zone without issues.

But remember that this is TFC. Not a normal mod, but the first new type of minecraft and being new it can do whatever it wants with the configs because it uses minecraft only as engine, not as theme. Then this cannot be compared with toher mods, because if the devs could have a new engine and the same fans as now, they would probably make a new game.

Dunk can correct if I wrote something false.

I'm not comparing it to anything. I used Inficraft as an example to what my point was.

Ah caves...yes caves are bad. empty space, no ores. I prefer places without caves if possible. More stone, bigger chance of ore spawning. Searching caves for ores is really on of the worst ideas in tfc. Solid stone at y60 is what gives me the best results. Though you have to dig your own tunnel... may be a bit frustrating some times if you find like gold, redstone, lapis, borax, coal and so on, but not the goddamn iron you were searching for.... I know that feeling.

Yeah... It's all good, though. It's all part of the game.

So basically, your mistake was not reading any guide, thinking that various aspects from the game was not to your liking and asking for the developers to change it, or allow it to be changeable to your liking so you don't spend time trying to learn the mechanics of this mod. It surely takes a while to learn, but when you do it is far more rewarding.

As it was stated before, when you allow it to be configurable by the user the bug tracking just becomes hellish, and it is pretty important to Bioxx keep track of bugs, I could quote him on other threads about this issue but you seem like you can do it by yourself, also look for better ore generation from Marcopolo, it is configurable but it is not a new content mod.

IF you still think that it isn't to your liking you can mod it, just keep it to yourself.

Killster, there is no way to make a new mod just changing a config file, that is the same as releasing the parent mod.

I realize that it probably won't be released during beta stage, but I would like it to have more config options when it's officially released. Again, I don't want the configuration just to make it easier. What if I find something to easy and want to make it harder? What if I want something slightly different for my very own server? These are the options I want also.

Again, spoilered for the same reasons:

There exist two methods for getting ore nuggets in the mod, other than getting them from lose rocks: The Sluice, and the Panning.

For panning, you need to make a bowl (knife+log in the crafting grid, any position i think), and then craft that bowl into a panning bowl (or something like that, i don't remember the exact name). Then, find a river (rivers have gravel in the bottom) and right click one of the blocks in the bttom of the river: it must be directly under water. If you did it right, it will give you a panning bowl full of the material you just right clicked on. Then, dig a channel for the water to flow in, and right click in the flowing water; that will empty the bowl, and has a change of giving you both gems and ore nuggets (if you collected sand, it's more likely to give you gems; if you collected gravel, it's likely to give you nuggets; if you collected dirt, it's an equal and low chance for both to happen). Right click again in the same block and repeat. Blocks will dissapear after using the panning bowl on them three times.

Then there is the sluice: it's crafted in the crafting table, by placing 3 planks and three sticks like this:

SXX

PSX

PPS

(where S is stick, P is plank and X is empty.)

There are some special conditions for placing the sluice; the wiki shows how to place it much better than i could.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Sluice

Now that you placed the sluice, you have to feed either gravel or sand to it (dirt won't do). This can be done in two ways: By throwing the block over the sluice, which will fill 20 of the 50 "points" it can hold, and by right clicking on it with a panning bowl full of sand or gravel, which will fill 7 of this points. When it has some points, and as long as it's receibing water correctly, the sluice will slowly empty itself down, point by point. Every point it empties has a chance of giving you either a gem or a nugget. As before, gravel has higher chances of giving you nuggets, while sand has higher chances of giving you gems. Like in the vanilla furnace, you don't need to wait 'till it's empty to take any item in it; but unlike it, it can't be used for storage, as once you took the item from it, it won't allow you to place it back.

Both of these methods, unlike the loose rocks one, are fully reusable as long as there is water around you. However, loose rocks are still the best option when you explore for near-surface ores, 'cause it's not dependant on water in any way and hence, you can freely explore any zone without issues.

Great! I'm going to try this out as soon as I can! Thanks for all the help. =)

That isn't how config files work. They do not contain any real code themselves, they are just a list of values that the mod code refers to to see if certain functions are enabled. Adding config files does not give a person open access to the code, let alone the ability to copy code. If someone rehosted the mod with their modified config files, it would still be infringement on the mod's code as the config file, even with values changed, is still the original code, not to mention the other 99% of the mod's code. There would be no hiding that it was TFC and config files do not give you enough access to anything to alter enough to hide it so. Adding configs for tree growth rate or ore generation isn't posting a file with the code for those items, it is just a spot you can insert a variable that the actual code will check when needed to. It is how the hoe's color values are changeable by the players for the farming systems.

Not to sure what you are getting at really, most mods have config files for a rather large list of things pertaining to their respective mods and every commercial game I own has config files.

The proper argument for not including config file options for what the OP was asking for is because the developers do not wish to have that aspect of control in the player hands. If it is something they wish to edit, they would be free to write a plugin that works on top of TFC (as the core mod) after TFC is out of Beta and Bioxx has given permission for open add-on development (like in the case of IC2 and fan made IC2 add ons).

Im not trying to be a douche or anything, but does scrabble come with numbers in case someone isnt really good at spelling but they are stellar at math? No. If you are going to play the game, and play it the way it is intended, then ya need to learn how to spell. Otherwise, Jenga or connect Four might be your speed. If things are too easy for you, then huzzah! You have found your strength in the wonderful world of tfc. If it is too hard, then practice. I suck at prospecting, but i sure as heck dont want the game to change because i havent figured it out yet.

If you have too much crap you dont need, then dont use it. Better yet, if you are on a server, trade it.

But for the love of Pete dont expect a plane to drive you to your location because you are afraid to fly.

On that note... I like the longer day config. :P/>

Im not trying to be a douche or anything, but does scrabble come with numbers in case someone isnt really good at spelling but they are stellar at math? No. If you are going to play the game, and play it the way it is intended, then ya need to learn how to spell. Otherwise, Jenga or connect Four might be your speed. If things are too easy for you, then huzzah! You have found your strength in the wonderful world of tfc. If it is too hard, then practice. I suck at prospecting, but i sure as heck dont want the game to change because i havent figured it out yet.

If you have too much crap you dont need, then dont use it. Better yet, if you are on a server, trade it.

But for the love of Pete dont expect a plane to drive you to your location because you are afraid to fly.

On that note... I like the longer day config. :P/>

This deserves more likes than I have time to give right now, so just pretend you have 142 likes when you log on. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, a post I wrote last night, then forgot about, so I'm posting it now.

I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores. It would be understandable if there was a guide on how

How could you possibly think prospecting is meaningless? That is a legitimate question,

Also, a TFC ore vein will virtually NEVER be just 4-5 ores, if you dig around you will likely find more within a few blocks. TFC generates ores in two ways as far as I can tell: highly concentrated clumps (your 4-5 ores) and strands consisting of quite a bit of ore (yes, they are time consuming to mine, but there is lots of ore there); as well as generating MASSIVE globs of ore, often with inclusions of some less common ores.

Now, let's get into something else.

Before you keep reading consider this question: When has TerraFirmaCraft EVER been about making everyone happy? I know there are some that think that TFC should in fact try to do just that. But a lot of us, myself included, don't really think that will be good for the mod as we know, and love, it. Now, consider that making everyone happy is just fucking impossible, it's just how things work, someone will always be unhappy. I'm certainly not happy with everything in this mod, and I certainly wish there were some things included in it that won't ever be, but contrary to you, I accept that this mod is in fact Bioxx's vision and creation and that he is making what he wants to make, and that is awesome, it means that we get the best quality mod because it's something that the author actually enjoys and wants to do. The great thing about this being a game you are not obligated to ever play, you don't really have to deal with it if you don't want to. If you really want something that TFC doesn't have, make it yourself. Learn java if you don't already know it, make your own creation that is tailored to exactly what you want (just don't steal anything from TFC, code wise at least). You can't expect others to do everything for you just because it's something YOU want, again, that just isn't how things work. What Menoch said is very true, unless its a private jet you own, and in that case; why do you have a plane if you are afraid of flying?

Also, you really need to stop coming here and being all pushy and adversarial about things, it's fine to say what you think, but it has been established that this will NOT be happening, at least on the scale you want. Bioxx has said that, and because it is HIS mod that he creates for us to play and help him in the beta testing process, usually what he says goes. No matter how much you "speak your mind" and continue your current actions, you probably aren't going to change Bioxx's mind. You really aren't the first one to suggest this, you aren't a revolutionary that is going to enlighten us all and cause people all over the world to flood the streets as they celebrate their new found freedom. Continuing to "say what you feel" just because you think when people disagree with you that they are trying to silence you in some way, they just don't agree with you. It also happens that one of the people that disagrees with this idea is the guy that has the final decision on everything about TFC. If you really want to keep going on with this, by all means, go ahead. But just know this, this forum doesn't respond all that kindly when people start getting pushy and won't accept that their idea just isn't going to be part of the mod. So just simmer down, ok? It's not the end of the world if you have to deal with the terrible, just unimaginably awful, task of having to find a bit of metal in a game that is largely based, game mechanic wise, on mining and progressing through different tiers of metal, so you can get more metal faster to get some better metal. So, you have two options here, accept the fact that Bioxx hath spoken, or just keep on doing what you are doing, and set everyone against you. Tbh I haven't seen a positive post from you yet, are sure you actually like this mod?

Do you seriously think that this is all TFC does? If so, have you heard about this really cool mod called TerraFirmaCraft? You should really try it some time, it is a total conversion mod that makes survival mode a ton better, plus it adds a ton of really cool and detailed mechanics. If you want to check it out, heres a link: http://terrafirmacraft.com/

Mate, you wrote the responses twice ._.

ermehgherd damnit! Anyways, thanks for the heads up JAG, it's fixed now :P