Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ExplosionGuy

Configuration So Everyone Is Happy

89 posts in this topic

dont worry, I didnt see and record it. your safe from embarrassment... this time.

Do you seriously think that this is all TFC does? If so, have you heard about this really cool mod called TerraFirmaCraft? You should really try it some time, it is a total conversion mod that makes survival mode a ton better, plus it adds a ton of really cool and detailed mechanics. If you want to check it out, heres a link: http://terrafirmacraft.com/

You seem to have misunderstood me. I meant if someone used everything in tfc but changed the time that trees take to grow and ore generation rate, and call it a different mod from TFC.

via access to the config files, theres more in that than you might imagine

And all of what you said before about "stealing" mods.

That's REALLY not how it works. If i wanted to "steal" TFC i wouldn't do so by altering a few config options. Nobody who has seen TFC would ever be fooled by me altering a few configs.

What you are saying then is that all the minor mods that change a little of Minecraft is stealing the game and releasing it as their own.

In that sense, TFC which I consider a total conversion mod, has taken Minecraft and completely redesigned it so now it "belongs" to Bioxx and the other TFC devs... That's clearly not the case!

---

As for the OP and thread. I do agree with adding more config options but not right now as i understand the difficulty in finding a good standard balance for all if 50% of the player base alters their configs. (and comes crying foul when it's not what they expected)

At least give it a fair chance first, get to the iron stage and beyond and you might find that it's pretty balanced considering TFC is aimed towards multiplayer with > 2 people in the world.

This deserves more likes than I have time to give right now, so just pretend you have 142 likes when you log on. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, a post I wrote last night, then forgot about, so I'm posting it now.

How could you possibly think prospecting is meaningless? That is a legitimate question,

Also, a TFC ore vein will virtually NEVER be just 4-5 ores, if you dig around you will likely find more within a few blocks. TFC generates ores in two ways as far as I can tell: highly concentrated clumps (your 4-5 ores) and strands consisting of quite a bit of ore (yes, they are time consuming to mine, but there is lots of ore there); as well as generating MASSIVE globs of ore, often with inclusions of some less common ores.

Now, let's get into something else.

Before you keep reading consider this question: When has TerraFirmaCraft EVER been about making everyone happy? I know there are some that think that TFC should in fact try to do just that. But a lot of us, myself included, don't really think that will be good for the mod as we know, and love, it. Now, consider that making everyone happy is just fucking impossible, it's just how things work, someone will always be unhappy. I'm certainly not happy with everything in this mod, and I certainly wish there were some things included in it that won't ever be, but contrary to you, I accept that this mod is in fact Bioxx's vision and creation and that he is making what he wants to make, and that is awesome, it means that we get the best quality mod because it's something that the author actually enjoys and wants to do. The great thing about this being a game you are not obligated to ever play, you don't really have to deal with it if you don't want to. If you really want something that TFC doesn't have, make it yourself. Learn java if you don't already know it, make your own creation that is tailored to exactly what you want (just don't steal anything from TFC, code wise at least). You can't expect others to do everything for you just because it's something YOU want, again, that just isn't how things work. What Menoch said is very true, unless its a private jet you own, and in that case; why do you have a plane if you are afraid of flying?

Also, you really need to stop coming here and being all pushy and adversarial about things, it's fine to say what you think, but it has been established that this will NOT be happening, at least on the scale you want. Bioxx has said that, and because it is HIS mod that he creates for us to play and help him in the beta testing process, usually what he says goes. No matter how much you "speak your mind" and continue your current actions, you probably aren't going to change Bioxx's mind. You really aren't the first one to suggest this, you aren't a revolutionary that is going to enlighten us all and cause people all over the world to flood the streets as they celebrate their new found freedom. Continuing to "say what you feel" just because you think when people disagree with you that they are trying to silence you in some way, they just don't agree with you. It also happens that one of the people that disagrees with this idea is the guy that has the final decision on everything about TFC. If you really want to keep going on with this, by all means, go ahead. But just know this, this forum doesn't respond all that kindly when people start getting pushy and won't accept that their idea just isn't going to be part of the mod. So just simmer down, ok? It's not the end of the world if you have to deal with the terrible, just unimaginably awful, task of having to find a bit of metal in a game that is largely based, game mechanic wise, on mining and progressing through different tiers of metal, so you can get more metal faster to get some better metal. So, you have two options here, accept the fact that Bioxx hath spoken, or just keep on doing what you are doing, and set everyone against you. Tbh I haven't seen a positive post from you yet, are sure you actually like this mod?

Do you seriously think that this is all TFC does? If so, have you heard about this really cool mod called TerraFirmaCraft? You should really try it some time, it is a total conversion mod that makes survival mode a ton better, plus it adds a ton of really cool and detailed mechanics. If you want to check it out, heres a link: http://terrafirmacraft.com/

I'm not here to argue with you dude, i'm here to get my idea heard.

I've heard there are reasons that he won't put the configurations that i'm talking about in the mod in beta stage, i'm suggesting to release more configurations when it's officially released. And yes, we all know it's impossible to make everyone happy, but are you seriously disagreeing with the idea of more configuration settings, simply because "the almighty Bioxx" want's it a certain way? Everything he has done with the mod so far is great. He is an awesome coder, and I'm excited to see what's coming next, but as you said: " I'm certainly not happy with everything in this mod, and I certainly wish there were some things included in it that won't ever be." Why is it so hard for you to understand that a more powerful config file after an official release, might actually make a lot of people happier with the mod? You just got done saying that people have suggested it before. He is obviously trying to make people happier with his mod, or he wouldn't have made the forums.

I'd like a link to where Bioxx said that he will never do what I suggested.

Why are you replying to a quote saying "I haven't seen a positive post from you yet," after I JUST said "I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways... I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores."? Why don't you go to my profile and look at my previous posts smart one? I can't believe how negative "Magnificent! I am SO glad that I found this. This texture pack looks great! I love how it fits with the style of the mod so well. I can't wait to see it finished! ;)" is. Why would I say such a thing!?

This isn't a war. You don't need to attack what I say either. You seem all butthurt about what I've said, when all i've said are my opinions about the mod. I never said anything about anything being "unimaginably awful." So why are you saying it?

I really like Menoch's post. He stated his opinion without being a douche, unlike you. Why don't you try calming down and taking a breather before bust a blood vessel. <_<

Why are you even replying to halfmaster1? You completely misunderstood the context of his comment and his point entirely. Please, just go away. Please.

EDIT: I take what I said: "I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores."

I've realized, with experience, that it's not like this.

Mate, you wrote the responses twice ._.

I'm seriously curious. Why did you "like" his comment? You should really re-read it and realize that he was kind of being a jerk throughout the entire post. Not only that, but he was a complete ass to halfmaster1 because he wasn't smart enough to actually understand the post.

ores are a lot more common than you think, you're just doing it wrong.

Here's how to prospect for beginner ores: break rocks until you find the desired ore nugget (ie small sphalerite). 90% of the time, this means that there is an ore vein of that type directly below you at some depth. Go down there and start prospecting. Look for CHANGES in the readout of the pro pick. Say the reading goes from small sample at one block to medium on one directly next to it. go 12 blocks in the direction of the medium sample from the small sample. Repeat for the other 2 coordinate directions and you will pinpoint the spot with the ore. This has never failed me.

I hear a lot of people claiming that Bioxx said things like, "he will never add more configurations" and stuff like that. Is this true? Can you link me to where he might say things like what he will and won't do and stuff?

so many things I could say here, the least being

GODDAMMIT YOU NEWBIES LEARN TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON.

seriously, its like not a single newbie ever sees the multiquote button RIGHT NEXT TO the quote button. Its also quite amazing to me they have no clue that there is in fact an EDIT BUTTON.

false rage aside, I have an issue with you in that you seem to be inciting a flame war between yourself and a respected veteran of the forums. I am not supporting him in this, but generally attacking such a member ends in your being ignored no matter how valid your point may be because we are more likely to stand up for our fellow community rather then an outsider

- a bunch of stuff said by a pushy newbie, mostly negative :P/>-

I'm going to keep this short. (yeah, that didn't happen XD)

I personally don't care if Bioxx puts configs in or not, I don't use them all that much. I just don't believe that people around here should keep pushing a point even AFTER they have an answer. There are some cases, such as the combat overhaul not happening, in which people should push back against Bioxx and state what we would like. But things like this, where public opinion seems neutral at best, just aren't worth it to keep bringing up, again, and again, and again.

I don't like you. At all. Blunt? Yes. True? Yes. You are being pushy and you are disregarding many of this forums customs, rules, and standard conventions. For someone who just got here you act like you throw around a lot of weight. You don't though, most of us here don't beyond Dunk (even Dunk though), Bioxx is known for not really changing his mind once it he has decided something won't be happening. You really aren't going to change that. And by the way, I'm fairly sure he said that there may be configs after beta, which seems to be what you are pushing so hard for. So you got what you want, right?

Did you see the part where I said, I haven't seen a positive post from you yet? I'm not going to look through your immense count of 15 posts to check and see if each one is as negative as the ones I have seen. My point is, you haven't made a good impression on me and possibly some other vets, that isn't going to change if I see you are capable of giving a compliment to a texture pack artist. It's great that you are capable of that, but it also seems like you like to argue with people about nothing a lot, something I personally don't like.

Now, about what ECC said. He doesn't mean that just because more I have more posts, I have put the time in to establish myself here and form connections with other posters and I'm generally just a part of the community. Yes, I participate in a lot of derails and some don't like that, but they are fun, as many other vets will agree. Point is, you need to earn respect around here, not by post count, but by making a good impression and generally not acting like you are.

Menoch is nicer than I am, plain and simple. I'm actually a pretty nice guy irl, and most of the time on the internet too; I just become this "douche" when I see someone I think is being an idiot, and you ARE being an idiot. I, and many others, don't really want to have to deal with idiots all the time on this forum, where we mostly enjoy ourselves, and if a mean approach needs to be taken sometimes, so be it.

Like I have already said (and you pointed out to me that I said that again for some reason), I don't agree with all of Bioxx's decisions. However, it's his fucking mod, he can make so that it crashes after 3 seconds of start up. I firmly believe that If you really aren't happy about something, go do it yourself and stop trying to get others who don't want to to do it for you. In my case, I don't know java or any other skills that I need to make a minecraft mod, so I rely on TFC, the closest mod out there to what I have always wanted in a mod. It's not perfect, not nearly, it doesn't fit a lot of my tastes and things I like in. If I were to create my own mod it would include Siege weapons along with so many different kinds of other weapons you would never be able to have them all in a legit survival world, it would include terrain generation the EXACT way I want it (Realistic mountains, real canyons, better rivers, more realistic flat lands, better cliffs, better lakes, better everything pretty much :P/>), it would include a ton of new realistic biomes (South East Asian islands, more realistic vanilla biomes, tropical rainforest, volcanic areas (includes slow erupting volcanoes that also get bigger slowly) Volcanic Islands (will start under water and slowly become and island) and a lot more) so I don't have to rely on ExtraBiomes XL and the recently discontinued Biomes O'Plenty, both mods I love, but have things I don't like or in EB XL's case not enough variety. There are other things as well, but this would be an even longer ass post if I put them in. My point is, I would make my mod exactly how I wanted it, and I wouldn't give a shit if some random person I knew nothing about just started insisting on something I didn't want to put in. For Bioxx TFC is that dream mod that his is vision and a mod he actually likes, I completely support him in making that mod, because if I had the skills I would do the exact same thing.

Going back to the original suggestion, Bioxx and Dunk have a strong stance, that I agree with, that TFC should not be able to be made easier or be compromised in any way. They don't want someone playing a mod that is supposed to be a challenge turning off everything that makes it hard, if they do that they might as well go play a tech mod that focuses on making things so you don't have to do as much work in the long run. In TFC it doesn't matter if you have full red steel or a stone axe and a javelin, you still have to make charcoal the same grueling way. I love that about this mod, it keeps the challenge there, it doesn't become a game where you end up spending all your time watching machines do stuff after you set up a completely automated system that provides you with everything you could ever need, or if your on a server running a town of 80+ people just because you have already done almost everything in tekkit (happened to me, didn't play tekkit for a whole month, despite being on a tekkit server, I ran the largest town instead.). If these configs you want allow users to, say... disable the stone age and make it so metal is just as easy to find as in vanilla, that would take out a major part of this mod and would in fact ruin TFC. At that point you might as well use the metallurgy 2 mod instead or some other mod that adds ores, you wouldn't get the awesome metallurgy system of TFC, but you would have so much ore you could never actually use a lot of it due to the amount of work you would have to put in to process it all. TFC isn't a mod that lends itself to being, in effect, modular, even in someones single player world where "it isn't hurting anybody" as many people say, but the devs want people to have the best experience with TFC possible and they don't want people going around saying "Oh TFC is so easy it's not even fun, don't play it dude." when the reason it was easy for them was because they turned off anything that may have added a challenge. I support small config options such as year length and day length simply for the reason it allows players who don't have a month irl to spend on a single world to experience all that TFC has to offer. But to change ore spawn rate and things of that nature that make things easier are in no way a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Also, yes, I misunderstood halfmaster, I realized that once he clarified the 2nd time (he seemed to say the same thing the first time he clarified). I was a bit harsh there yes, but that was because of how I interpreted his post. So sorry about that halfmaster, it was just a misunderstanding, nothing personal. I hope I didn't offend you.

Now, if you don't mind I actually should be finishing my college application right now, so I'm going back to that. Feel free to respond back to this and call me butthurt again or say that I'm being a douche I'm fine with that. But if you do continue on with this I'm going to keep it up too, call me petty, but this internet, it was made for arguing and calling each other names (well at least in your case, I don't like name calling, at least the way you have done it. It has no effect and just makes you look like a kid who had his juice box taken by another kid).

I regret that I can't provide you with a link to where Bioxx said what he did, because I don't know where it is. But there is a search bar in the upper right hand corner that you could use to provide it for yourself, like most people would. You'll find you won't get other people do something for you around here when you could easily do it yourself.

(this got loooooong and as a result may not make sense sometimes, so don't be surprised if you find a half finished thought somewhere :P/>)

Finally, I don't think I've seen a triple post around here before, seriously, never. How am I supposed to melt for a triple post? Do I melt twice? Or should I melt split into two blobs, reform as two smaller versions of me, then they melt again and rejoin to form the original blob and reform to a full size me? I seriously don't know. Anyways, may Sherlock Holmes forever curse your soul and infect your brain with nightmares of armies of his clones attacking you with popsicle stick knives and if you don't use the edit button in the future he will find you and lock you in his basement for exactly 1,543 minutes and 37 seconds. *melts, and tries to figure out what to do next.* Although cognitive function is severely reduced when the brain is in liquid state. I should've thought about that before melting.

Damn! I have to put my helmet on! Now i wear my hemmet! •~^

Damn! I have to put my helmet on! Now i wear my hemmet! •~^

"Short" he said..."I am going to keep this short" he said...

"Short" he said..."I am going to keep this short" he said...

That ended up longer than most essays I've written for school to be honest. 1,735 words (7,000+ characters), and I did it all in about an hour. For reference it has taken me 1 and half hours to write 0 words for a hundred word short answer question on my college application. :P

(also, I put what wolf said in my sig, with some context added. :))

(also, I put what wolf said in my sig, with some context added. :))

Posted Image

*A bunch of meaningless crap*

Hardly anything you said is even worth commenting on. "Too argue with a fool, makes you a fool." So, I refuse to keep a pointless on-going argument going with a fool.

I don't give a flying fuck whether you "like" me or not. Nor do I care what your opinions are, anymore.

Clearly you didn't understand halfmaster1's comment and still don't, which only shows even further that you are idiotic.

If you don't agree then leave.

so many things I could say here, the least being

GODDAMMIT YOU NEWBIES LEARN TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON.

seriously, its like not a single newbie ever sees the multiquote button RIGHT NEXT TO the quote button. Its also quite amazing to me they have no clue that there is in fact an EDIT BUTTON.

false rage aside, I have an issue with you in that you seem to be inciting a flame war between yourself and a respected veteran of the forums. I am not supporting him in this, but generally attacking such a member ends in your being ignored no matter how valid your point may be because we are more likely to stand up for our fellow community rather then an outsider

Well, since these forums suck, they don't automatically add posts made by the same person to their post that was made before hand, like every other decent forum does. To disagree with someone just because they don't agree with some idiotic "veteran" makes you ignorant and immature at best. If you actually read his post and weren't being a little kiss-ass, maybe you would see that he attacked my opinions out of immature anger. Thank you for degrading my topic even more.

If I don't want to use the edit button, I don't have to. It's only two extra posts. OH MY GOD!

Quit being an immature asshole.

Hardly anything you said is even worth commenting on. "Too argue with a fool, makes you a fool." So, I refuse to keep a pointless on-going argument going with a fool.

I don't give a flying fuck whether you "like" me or not. Nor do I care what your opinions are, anymore.

Clearly you didn't understand halfmaster1's comment and still don't, which only shows even further that you are idiotic.

If you don't agree then leave.

If you don`t care, then, instead of telling others, who are respected members of the community to leave, you should leave yourself. Like achartran, I honestly don`t like you either. And tbh, it takes a LOT to make me not like someone on the internet (and even in real life). Ask anyone here, I am a very nice person, and have not once seen anyone on these forums acting this way. And if nothing he said was `worth commenting`on, why did you even respond?

Anyway, how is it "clear" in anyway that he misunderstands halfmaster's post even now? He never stated what the post meant, so how would you know? And even if he did misunderstand, it is just that, a misunderstanding. You are going around and calling everyone immature assholes, but if you were mature, you would realized that a misunderstanding is a simple mistake that everyone makes and would have dismissed it.

Well, since these forums suck, they don't automatically add posts made by the same person to their post that was made before hand, like every other decent forum does. To disagree with someone just because they don't agree with some idiotic "veteran" makes you ignorant and immature at best. Thank you for degrading my topic even more.

If I don't want to use the edit button, I don't have to. It's only two extra posts. OH MY GOD! Quit being an immature asshole.

If these forums "suck", then why don't you leave and stop being like this? Instead of being an asshole on forums which you think are "sucky", why don't you just leave, and do this somewhere else? No one is degrading the topic, they are degrading your immature, rude, and childish behaviour. The topic was already stopped with a definite no, but you are continuing it with people who obviously don't want/need to. He simply misunderstood a post, no need to call someone idiotic. Sure, you don't have to use the edit button, but maybe you could? It isn't that much work, and it would help a lot. There is an edit button, and it's there for a reason. It makes reading a post much easier and you don't have to read through 3 posts by the SAME PERSON. And it is not just "some idiotic veteran". I don't think anyone but yourself agrees with you. You say that you are arguing with fools and immature assholes, but quite frankly, YOU are the one being immature.

Anyway, I really don't like arguing. But to tell the truth, you have just been very annoying, immature and rude, and have initiated it. I don't intend to continue this flame war, but sometimes it is necessary to inform people like you that while they are insulting people left and right, they really need to open their eyes and realize that the one who fits those insults the most is themselves.

Wow I never saw Kimbblesrath so angry and furious...It's creepy.

I can't say that I don't like ExplosionGuy, because he's the only one that tried to contact someone in Sphax's group to make a Sphax's TFC texture.

-snip-

First, I don't see a reason I should leave just because I disagree with you, I see that as a reason to stay because you are clearly misguided on this matter.

Second, what's that, name #3? I guess I'm a fool now too, good that goes nicely with being a douche and being stupid.

Third, I re-read your previous post, and if you claim to be here to get your idea heard, then someone already did that. Because Bioxx answered this already, as has been said before.

Fourth, there is absolutely no reason you can blame the forums for your own laziness, none. The edit button is so easy to use it's not even funny. Also, whats up with the whole rebel attitude of "you can't make me do this!! You immature asshole!". That is just being stupid and trying to stir things up. I don't understand why you called ECC an immature asshole, either. He did nothing immature and he was not being an asshole, the only person who was being an immature asshole was you, because someone told you did something wrong and you just couldn't accept that.

Fifth, Kimb already said most of the rest of what I was going to say, but I will say this. The only person degrading this topic is you by throwing this fit, your idea has already been talked about, and a decision has been made, and it wasn't a resounding no. So be happy about that, and either stop coming to these forums or simmer down and don't make us hate you. I have never seen Kimb say he doesn't like someone, that really is something, but you may not care what anyone here thinks about you because of this "I'm a rebel while everyone is against me, yeah!" attitude you have. That really isn't helping anyone, especially not you. There isn't anything you are going to change and this certainly isn't a case of charming underdog rebel vs. society and the man. So come on, stop making such a fuss and we can all move on from this mess.

(Also, where is eternal when you need him? He loves this stuff. :P)

If you don`t care, then, instead of telling others, who are respected members of the community to leave. Like achartran, I honestly don`t like you either. And tbh, it takes a LOT to make me not like someone on the internet. Ask anyone here, I am a very nice person, and have not once seen anyone on these forums acting this way. And if nothing he said was `worth commenting`on, why did you even respond?

I'm being honest here. I'm sorry if i'm coming off to be an asshole, but you need to read his damn comment before you tell me he is a "respected member" of these forums. He is being a complete ass hole to me just because he doesn't agree with what i'm saying.

Why don't you go ahead and read this:

Me: "I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores. It would be understandable if there was a guide on how"

achartran: "How could you possibly think prospecting is meaningless? That is a legitimate question,

Also, a TFC ore vein will virtually NEVER be just 4-5 ores, if you dig around you will likely find more within a few blocks. TFC generates ores in two ways as far as I can tell: highly concentrated clumps (your 4-5 ores) and strands consisting of quite a bit of ore (yes, they are time consuming to mine, but there is lots of ore there); as well as generating MASSIVE globs of ore, often with inclusions of some less common ores.

Now, let's get into something else.

Before you keep reading consider this question: When has TerraFirmaCraft EVER been about making everyone happy? I know there are some that think that TFC should in fact try to do just that. But a lot of us, myself included, don't really think that will be good for the mod as we know, and love, it. Now, consider that making everyone happy is just fucking impossible, it's just how things work, someone will always be unhappy. I'm certainly not happy with everything in this mod, and I certainly wish there were some things included in it that won't ever be, but contrary to you, I accept that this mod is in fact Bioxx's vision and creation and that he is making what he wants to make, and that is awesome, it means that we get the best quality mod because it's something that the author actually enjoys and wants to do. The great thing about this being a game you are not obligated to ever play, you don't really have to deal with it if you don't want to. If you really want something that TFC doesn't have, make it yourself. Learn java if you don't already know it, make your own creation that is tailored to exactly what you want (just don't steal anything from TFC, code wise at least). You can't expect others to do everything for you just because it's something YOU want, again, that just isn't how things work. What Menoch said is very true, unless its a private jet you own, and in that case; why do you have a plane if you are afraid of flying?

Also, you really need to stop coming here and being all pushy and adversarial about things, it's fine to say what you think, but it has been established that this will NOT be happening, at least on the scale you want. Bioxx has said that, and because it is HIS mod that he creates for us to play and help him in the beta testing process, usually what he says goes. No matter how much you "speak your mind" and continue your current actions, you probably aren't going to change Bioxx's mind. You really aren't the first one to suggest this, you aren't a revolutionary that is going to enlighten us all and cause people all over the world to flood the streets as they celebrate their new found freedom. Continuing to "say what you feel" just because you think when people disagree with you that they are trying to silence you in some way, they just don't agree with you. It also happens that one of the people that disagrees with this idea is the guy that has the final decision on everything about TFC. If you really want to keep going on with this, by all means, go ahead. But just know this, this forum doesn't respond all that kindly when people start getting pushy and won't accept that their idea just isn't going to be part of the mod. So just simmer down, ok? It's not the end of the world if you have to deal with the terrible, just unimaginably awful, task of having to find a bit of metal in a game that is largely based, game mechanic wise, on mining and progressing through different tiers of metal, so you can get more metal faster to get some better metal. So, you have two options here, accept the fact that Bioxx hath spoken, or just keep on doing what you are doing, and set everyone against you. Tbh I haven't seen a positive post from you yet, are sure you actually like this mod?"

When did I say that prospecting was meaningless? Why is he attacking my opinions? Did I ask for him to come to my topic an attack what i'm saying? No, No, and NO. I posted this topic because I wanted my opinion heard. I'm not trying to shutdown anyone. That is exactly what he is doing.

If these forums "suck", then why don't you leave and stop being like this? No one is degrading the topic, they are degrading your immature, rude, and childish behaviour. Sure, you don't have to use the edit button, but maybe you could? It isn't that much work, and it would help a lot. There is an edit button, and it's there for a reason.

I'm "being like this" because you guy's are being assholes about everything i'm saying. I'm not in the wrong here. You guys are.

Wolf277 is a nice guy, and I appreciate his opinion. You guy's on the other hand, I couldn't care less. If you're going to shut me down on MY topic after some idiotic "veteran" is a complete ass to me, then I don't give a rats ass about anything you say.

I can't say that I don't like ExplosionGuy, because he's the only one that tried to contact someone in Sphax's group to make a Sphax's TFC texture.

I really appreciated you being here wolf. Don't go by what they say. Read the posts yourself. They are being jerks and defending someone who is being an asshole to me because he is a "veteran." All I did was state my opinion, and he attacked what I had to say.

Probably guys, I'm talking to everyone that is making this war^^, there is a lot of misunderstood here. Could you kindly read all the posts without thinking that the writer is trying to offend? :) Thanks! I read them all and I think that probably achartran misunderstood some things in ExplosiveGuy's post, but in the other part, EG you can't say to someone to not come back, because it's not a nice thing to say. And also this will probably be my last post in this topic because if I can't stop this now, I can't stop this completely.

Also I can't say that achartran is a bad guy, because he isn't, just I don't know exactly what is happening today...

However bye and have a nice peace I hope :P

EDIT: I'm back again to say the very last thing: Can we forget what happened today and continue like yesterday, when there weren't deadly enemies? :) Because the forums are nicer if you all don't offend or attack. Also a tip that I follow: When you're angry, don't post anithing because what you post is largely affected by your mood.

Probably guys, I'm talking to everyone that is making this war^^, there is a lot of misunderstood here. Could you kindly read all the posts without thinking that the writer is trying to offend? :) Thanks! I read them all and I think that probably achartran misunderstood some things in ExplosiveGuy's post, but in the other part, EG you can't say to someone to not come back, because it's not a nice thing to say. And also this will probably be my last post in this topic because if I can't stop this now, I can't stop this completely.

Also I can't say that achartran is a bad guy, because he isn't, just I don't know exactly what is happening today...

However bye and have a nice peace I hope :P

Yeah, thanks for the help. You were the only person who kept their cool. I understand if you want to leave. See ya later, man. ;)

Ya, I almost NEVER get angry, but sometimes...I liked that he did that too, but to be honest, the cons FAR outweigh the pros here.

I'm being honest here. I'm sorry if i'm coming off to be an asshole, but you need to read his damn comment before you tell me he is a "respected member" of these forums. He is being a complete ass hole to me just because he doesn't agree with what i'm saying.

I read his comment and I read yours. I am not the type of person to tell people things before "research". And that comment doesn't change the fact that he is still a respected member of the forums. He might be acting a bit rude towards you, but his "bashing your opinion" was really just constructive critisism (a bit exaggerated). In fact, you did say prospecting was meaningless.

When did I say that prospecting was meaningless? Why is he attacking my opinions? Did I ask for him to come to my topic an attack what i'm saying? No, No, and NO. I posted this topic because I wanted my opinion heard. I'm not trying to shutdown anyone. That is exactly what he is doing.

In fact, you did say prospecting was meaningless. I will bolden where you said so.

Me: "I love the way this mod has changes Minecraft in some ways, but I don't want to have to spend years to master something as useless and meaningless as prospecting in Minecraft. I do love mining and how it works with having to prospect for ores, but I do NOT like the fact that I have to spend days IRL to find a measly ore vein with 4-5 bismuth ores. It would be understandable if there was a guide on how"

achartran: "How could you possibly think prospecting is meaningless? That is a legitimate question,

I'm "being like this" because you guy's are being assholes about everything i'm saying. I'm not in the wrong here. You guys are.

How are we in the wrong? You were the one who started this.

Wolf277 is a nice guy, and I appreciate his opinion. You guy's on the other hand, I couldn't care less. If you're going to shut me down on MY topic after some idiotic "veteran" is a complete ass to me, then I don't give a rats ass about anything you say.

You seem to misunderstand. Maybe I am the only one who thinks like this, but while you mat have started the topic, that doesn't make it YOUR topic. It might have been you who started it. However, here in the TFC forums, we are somewhat of a community and the Forums are OURS, not one specific individual's.

I really appreciated you being here wolf. Don't go by what they say. Read the posts yourself. They are being jerks and defending someone who is being an asshole to me because he is a "veteran." All I did was state my opinion, and he attacked what I had to say.

Sure, he didn't exactly "attack" your opinion, but he was being a little harsh (a little). And he wasn't saying that because he was being a veteran, it wa because you were being rude. His original post against you OP was not being an asshole.

All in all, I am sorry if I came across as harsh or rude, but I am NEVER like this, and like I said earlier, you were being quite rude. While achar and me might have been somewhat rude, so were you. We were all against each other, and I hope this kind of thing wont happen again. I am still mad at myself for being like this as, honestly, I don't like being like this to people, and it's just...ugh. But I am sorry, and you and arch should be too.

Sure, he didn't exactly "attack" your opinion, but he was being a little harsh (a little). And he wasn't saying that because he was being a veteran, it wa because you were being rude. His original post against you OP was not being an asshole.

Wait wait...I'm trying to not make preferences here, Kimb. You should know how I am. Currently I am attacking no one here and I am only trying to put a big "ENDED" word over all this.

EDIT: There is only 1 thing taht makes me angry here and I don't want to post it because you may use it to make me have preferences...I just stay silent :P

Wait wait...I'm trying to not make preferences here, Kimb. You should know how I am. Currently I am attacking no one here and I am only trying to put a big "ENDED" word over all this.

I realized that. That was a rude thing to say, and I do know how you are. That was why I removed it seconds after I posted it.

EDIT: There is only 1 thing taht makes me angry here and I don't want to post it because you may use it to make me have preferences...I just stay silent :P

Now i HAVE to know....ugh, reverse psychology... And I'm not manipulative like that. :P

I'm seriously curious. Why did you "like" his comment? You should really re-read it and realize that he was kind of being a jerk throughout the entire post. Not only that, but he was a complete ass to halfmaster1 because he wasn't smart enough to actually understand the post.

Quite honestly, 'cause i think he's right in the response he gave to you. Not because i helped you that means i agree with you; just that i won't let my disagreement with someone stop me from helping him. Halfmaster1's part was just a misunderstanding; it can occur. And i honestly don't think i should even answer this, 'cause after all i like whatever i want in the same way you post whatever you want :

All i'm going to say is that this should be taking place in private messages or a private window in the IRC channel, instead of this thread, which will soon be locked due to this flame war. And i seriously think moderators should be present in that discussion, to keep it down.

I realized that. That was a rude thing to say, and I do know how you are. That was why I removed it seconds after I posted it.

You are forgiven. Yeah you were already forgiven but now you know it. :)

EDIT:

All i'm going to say is that this should be taking place in private messages or a private window in the IRC channel, instead of this thread, which will soon be locked due to this flame war. And i seriously think moderators should be present in that discussion, to keep it down.

And yeah this is true, this way you can avoid lots of useless pages. Everyone should follow this ^. But, unluckily, not everyone follows this.