Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
halfmaster1

[Solved] New Hoe Tools

15 posts in this topic

Hello all. This is not a huge problem, but when I decided to test out the hoe, the bar graph mode thing didn't do anything. I right clicked, left clicked, hovered, pointed, looked at plants, looked at water, etc. but could not get it to work. I assume that that mode is the nutrients mode, as the other two show water and whether a plant is done or not (this helped he out a lot. I was waiting for a plant to grow, but it already had :P).

I looked in the config, and the colours had some negative numbers, but I assume this is intentional, as I changed it and it didn't help.

So what is happening? Am I doing it wrong or is there something I need to fix?

Make sure you are testing this feature on a clean installation of MC1.4.5 and the appropriate prerequisites. Be sure to delete your old TFC.cfg file and never do initial testing on an old world, always new.

i have the same problem, i am playing on a new world (a new .minecraft entirely) and the only other mod i have installed is optifine, would that make a difference?

Beta Build 69: Giggity

Tweaks

• Nutrient Color config settings should now read as an unsigned byte(0 to 255) instead of a byte(-127 to 127). This should make the colors easier to edit.
  • Tilling a dirt block will now cause the resulting farmland to have next to no nutrients in order to prevent an exploit. Tilling grass blocks still work as before.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed tessellator color bug with the food prep block.
  • Seeds should no longer be white squares.This bug doesn’t appear on my debug setup so I never know whats rendering wrong.
  • Fixed several other white texture bugs.
  • The bloomery should no longer cause a client crash by trying to send a server packet when activated in SMP.
  • Cactus should now ACTUALLY spawn.

It would seem you have old config values. Add 127 to your current values. So for instance, if you have -127 that would become 0. If you have -30 then that would become 97 and so on.

If they are negative then they cannot be converted to unsigned bytes.

It would seem you have old config values. Add 127 to your current values. So for instance, if you have -127 that would become 0. If you have -30 then that would become 97 and so on.

Oh Ok, that's why i haven't any color in nutrient mode ?

One more thing, i don't have either the hoe mode icon near the health bar, as show in the change log image, is it the same four you ?

its not that for me, all of my configs are set and there still is no bars for the nutrition value

I have the mode icon when using a hoe. Make sure you actually have a hoe in your hand. (I spent some time wondering why my chisel didn't work and i forgot to add a handle to it... *DOH!*)

Other than that, i don't know what the issue may be with the given details. My hoes and chisels work as intended and i have the colors.

Well, comming back to default texture, the mode icon is back :)

But still no color in nutrient mode :(

Well, comming back to default texture, the mode icon is back :)

But still no color in nutrient mode :(

are you using a stone hoe because i fugured out that i does not work with stone hoes

are you using a stone hoe because i fugured out that i does not work with stone hoes

This! ^

Is the best answer. :)

My problem is solved.

In fact i'm using a johnsmith TP that i've modified, but i forgot to add the mode icon in the icon.png file.

Now it works fine even with a stone hoe.

But i still don't have the nutrient color, looking the config file i see that i got negative value.

You can't get nutrient values with stone hoes? That would be the problem.

I second that, no problem with any metal hoe but the stone hoe does not show nutriments value.

That's right, i've done some test, only metal toe shows nutrient valus.

thank all :)