Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

Hey bob, here are my pics for the pic contest

Posted Image

This one i took it when we first started the server with yoyo and you remember? its a little island near white rock, i thought it was cool so i did this.

Posted Image

The winter Watch. this is my base so far, its on the north and this is one of the first snows i saw in there,it really hitted me because it killed my reeds,saplings and torches, really hard stuff. I love the north

Posted Image

Here we have ladies and gentlemen The Lotanis Express, this was the first time i went through it, it was awesome, i had to work all day with istar to make an iron anvil and then a cart, worth it.

oh, I work at winter watch

you know what, i'm sick of getting destroyed by skeletons every time I walk down a road at night or try to do anything at night, I'm done with having near death experiences every minute RAGEQUIT!!!

Here are my pics for the contest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey.

Here's my first screenshot of the station. Isn't finished so this is not intended to be in my list for the contest.

Posted Image

Hey there,

I'd like to apply for the white list if I may :)

Minecraft name: Psychocannon

Age: Let's just say I'm happy to be village elder, crotchety old coot and all round old than you....

Been playing MC for....a long time...early Beta anyway though I forget which version, We have our own Vanilla server and I have a TFC server also but it's just an 8 slotter and my friends won't be joining me on it for a while as they are invested in some mega projects on Vanilla (as was I but since TFC I just can't play regular anymore without getting bored!!)

I think I'd make a good addition to any community on account of I'm a prolific builder and resource whore so I tend to end up making a house come warehouse rapidly followed by ever growing farms of various sorts in order to fill said warehouse, and I am of the mind help yourself just put back what you can when you can :)

You got it!

Welcome to Roanoke.

Bob

PS I'll; log in in a bit and get you on the list. May take a few as I just got to work...

Roanoke Roadmap

I have been toying with ideas as of late on what additions to add to our server to both enhance and prolong our combined enjoyment. My thoughts often are are scattered, so I am composing this document to try to contain and direct my ideas and plans. I hope to also start a dialog with you, the population of Roanoke and take your ideas and thoughts into account.

Roanoke is at its core a TFC Server. Thus any additions, changes or mods must fit into the TFC design philosophy. TFC is a “realism mod” Thus there should be no “easy button”. A player should be rewarded for their efforts with a realistic item or reward. Fast travel should remain nonexistent. Thus No portals, warps, or gates should be added. I feel adding such at this point would be a disservice to those who have crafted our extensive road and rail system.

I am also not looking to turn Roanoke into an RPG server. So no classes, skills, or special abilities are to be given just for completing tasks outside what TFC already grant. Any rewards that are given outside of TFC should come in the form of accomplishment of a task. This does not preclude admin generated quests or events with rewards.

Roanoke should be easy to maintain, requiring as little out of game or admin oversight as possible. Mods must not change any of TFC’s core classes/code. Mods should reflect the TFC design philosophy as often as possible. Mods should be easy to program and use with minimal outside study or programming.

TFC is a stone age to middle ages realism modification of minecraft. As such, mods that add modern day items or abilities shall not be considered Mods that add flavor and function that fit within the time scope of TFC may be considered.

My own desires for the server involve adventure areas. Places where players can do to raid, adventure. Spider plains, creeper island, ruins out of abandoned builds. Interesting places that may or may not be one off adventure sites . I think I have found the tool that I need to do this but it will require a little testing, and then building.

Our own Bbushh has offered up a suggestion for a port town where players can turn in lower tier items for some sort of reward. Interestingly enough, the same tool that can be used for the adventure areas can be used for the trade hub. If that mod can be configured to use TFC specific items I will dance with joy.

On a related server growing note, do we need, will you use a dedicated server website/forum?

Bob

There are two tools that I need to look more closely at.

Custom Stuff 2

http://terrafirmacra...m-items-in-tfc/

And Bukkit in Forge

www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1644901-1467-smplanssp-bukkitforge-bukkit-plugins-on-your-ftbtekkit-server/

Ideas on additions

Server tools which help in the building and running of the server:

NEI, Block logger,

Flavor items:

Armor Rack, Hand held lantern/torch, torch burnout,

End game / large addition:

Thaumcraft 3, Railcraft, re-adding vanilla redstone, Custom NPC’s mod for traders (bbushh) and adventure sites.

you know what, i'm sick of getting destroyed by skeletons every time I walk down a road at night or try to do anything at night, I'm done with having near death experiences every minute RAGEQUIT!!!

Well I hope it was ragequit for the night not forever.

Roanoke is a "Hard" difficulty world. The lands are wild during the day...and you went outside at night...to do stuff?

Your a very brave man!

I cower inside at night or beg everyone to sleep and make it day. And I'm the admin...

But if you don't come back, Thank you for joining us for a time and best of luck finding a home!

Bob

I think i will try to stay off during mc nighttimes then

BTW I love this server because progress gets made due to the time between resets

I have smart moving, but server says I don't and won't let me on.

Never mind, you're server is using and older version of Smart Moving... It would be great if you update to the latest version of Player API and Smart Moving.

Log says :

2013-01-16 01:26:47 [iNFO] User manningliu connection failed: missing [], bad versions od_SmartMoving]

2013-01-16 01:26:47 [iNFO] Disconnecting manningliu [/108.168.97.36:58540]: The server requires mods that are absent or out of date on your client

What version of SM are you running?

Bob

Edit:

server is running:

Currently running:

TFC: B2 build 75

FORGE:Build 486

PLAYER API: 1.3

SMART MOVING 11.11 with move.global.config set to true:

Never mind, you're server is using and older version of Smart Moving... It would be great if you update to the latest version of Player API and Smart Moving.

Gotcha,

11.11 was the latest version last time we updated everything.

I'll look at it soonish.

Great ideas Bbushh!

And also welcome Psycho!

As for you Bob... Thanks for your devotion to making the server more fun! I have had nothing but a good time since joining and am sure there are more good times to come!

Bukkit on Forge is stable? If it is then go for it! Adding permissions plugins, economy and a system control pvp on single chunks can be the solution of my prayers cause I'm gonna make a big Coliseum and if has an use more than just aesthetic... It would be wonderful!!

Armor Rack and Lanterns will fit nice with TFC aswell but Thaumcraft & Railcraft after what i've been looking dont look that are going to go well with the feeling of TFC.

What does interest me is add some more redstone, making repeaters the old school way makes me feel castrated in terms of creativity. And rail detectors will make my station desings more efficient.

cheers!!

Here's my Screenies for the contest, with Captions..

post-2306-0-68922900-1358385539_thumb.pn

Tools Galore!

post-2306-0-37829300-1358385588_thumb.pn

A window out into Danger!

My third image was too large for simple upload... Enjoy!

Posted Image

A deep Basalt Quarry! Some credit goes to my helpers in this one!

Hey Bob. My friend "britmace2" would like to join us and learn how to play TFC. She is really nice and has been playing with JD and I for a long time.

This can't be good, i am getting minecraft crashing with this "npcmod"

oh well sucks to be me, have fun playing guys.

Things tried sofar.

Tried to delete config files, same issue.

Taken all of my mods out of load except for forge/api/TFC, no luck.

Tried to create a new Mod folder with TFC 1.4.7 with only base mods, no luck

There is no way to downgrade to 1.4.6 from 1.4.7 because for whatever reason noone is supplying that base version. I am sure because 1.4.7 is not supposed to break any server/client relationships.

When you add a mod like this you need to do alot more testing, and be around for feedback if people can no longer play.

For anyone with MultiMC, this "customnpc" mod, you have to actually put it into the tab called "mods folder".

You cannot put it into the Minecraft.jar tab like normal mods, please add this to instructions.

Ok,Bbushh and Istar convinced me to wait and see how this npc thing goes.If i wanted npc's in my game i wold be playing singleplayer minecraft.You see,when i first played minecraft it was mainly about building,crafting,being creative,after 1.7 was all about survival,and i kinda like it,but then in 1.9 they are npc's and suddenly it stopped being about survival and started to be rpg.

This is why i play tfc,is about survival and the variety of materials with which we can build and making gameplay more believable.

Im sorry,but i don't like vanilla npc's...Just hope you make it so they don't play a great role in my game...

Ok,Bbushh and Istar convinced me to wait and see how this npc thing goes.If i wanted npc's in my game i wold be playing singleplayer minecraft.You see,when i first played minecraft it was mainly about building,crafting,being creative,after 1.7 was all about survival,and i kinda like it,but then in 1.9 they are npc's and suddenly it stopped being about survival and started to be rpg.

This is why i play tfc,is about survival and the variety of materials with which we can build and making gameplay more believable.

Im sorry,but i don't like vanilla npc's...Just hope you make it so they don't play a great role in my game...

Samaban,

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

The custom npc mod is simply a tool for me to use so that I can add optional content to our server. No one has to use or interact with them. The building part of the game will not change.

What they will do is allow me to automate the gem exchange that I currently have to do manually. It will provide an exchange for and a way to use up those chest fulls of T0-2 materials. It will also allow me provide end game vanilla items that are not currently available in TFC. Lastly it will let me build some adventure content, again, completely optional, but desired by some of our players.

I could accomplish these tasks with other plugins. Install the forge/bukkit mod, use iconomy chest shop, nei mobspawners, and eco creatures and get the same result . But with one mod that runs well with TFC I can accomplish the work of 5+ plugins. The downside, instead of interacting with a chest, you have to click on an npc that might talk to you.

Its a maximum effect for minimal effort trade off. I will do my very best not to make any negative additions to our server.

Bob