Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

I would like to participate on your server. I've been playing TFC for a few months now and have been looking for exactly what you're server seems to be offering. I'm pretty experienced with the ins and outs of TFC and Minecraft, and think I would add a valuable builder to whichever community I find myself among. I'm also not too terrible at prospecting and smithing, so there's that too. Also, for whatever my word is worth to you, I am not nor ever have been a griefer or cheater in any multiplayer game. IGN is ThothTheScribe

Hey bob, what happened with the picture contest?

Hey bob, what happened with the picture contest?

In the judgingand editing the first post phase.

I would like to participate on your server. I've been playing TFC for a few months now and have been looking for exactly what you're server seems to be offering. I'm pretty experienced with the ins and outs of TFC and Minecraft, and think I would add a valuable builder to whichever community I find myself among. I'm also not too terrible at prospecting and smithing, so there's that too. Also, for whatever my word is worth to you, I am not nor ever have been a griefer or cheater in any multiplayer game. IGN is ThothTheScribe

Hey Thoth, welcome to Roanoke, I'm sure Bob'll have you whitelisted by morning :)

Then you can join in on the fun!

Greetings! I would like to be whitelisted. My interests include digging holes in the ground, banging pieces of metal together and complaining about spiders. If my application is accepted you can be sure that I'll build something obsessively symmetrical in the woods, collect lots of shiny rocks, and, of course, play nice.

My IGN is 'tinfoilhattery'.

Hello there,

I would like to be white listed for your server. I like TFC a lot in single player, but it seems like it would be a lot more fun on multi-player. I don't consider myself a very artistic person; I don't have much interest in building. However, I do like helping out with things here and there. My IGN is 'stoorot'.

Stuart

ThothTheScribe

tinfoilhattery

stoorot

Thank you for joining us and

Welcome to Roanoke!

The screen shot contest.

A big thank you to everyone who submitted pictures for the first "Pictures of Roanoke" contest.

I have made my selection. YubYub96's photo was taken on opening day of the server. The little island sat right off the coast of the original spawn very near to The White Rock. When I first viewed the photo it invoked the great sense of wonder and fear of the unknown which we all felt on day one.

Posted Image

I have collected everyone's submissions into an imgur album and provided a link on the first post.

Thank you again everyone!

ATTENTION ROANOKE!

A new contest is at hand!

Here are the details:

You are to create a Large Statue/Model of a Monster/Mythical Creature of your choice (Dragons, Giants, Unicorns, whatever you like!) using stones of your choice and your Chisel! The requirements that are being judged are two factors, both SIZE and DETAIL!

Here's the bullet point version for what you should do:

• Find a location that is accessable to others: It doesn't have to be next to the road, but it can't be behind a protected fence or anything, people need to be able to get there to see it!
  • Use whatever stone types you want: Raw, Bricks, Cobble, Smooth, any kind or color, as long as it lends to your design, use it!
  • Chisel the shape with as much detail as possible! Dragons have wings, scales, fangs, eyes, for example... The more detail you can put on it, the better!
  • It MUST have an openning that a player could fit into somehow (you'll know why if you keep reading!): This can be accomplished in many ways: Crawling into a 1x1 opening (such as a mouth!), climbing up/down a ladder, or simply walking in (2x1, 2x2, whatever you wish, just make it design conscious!).
The WINNER (or perhaps top-3, if we have a large amount of excellent entries! We'll give the winner a bonus if this is the case, however...) will be immortalized by the server in this: Your creation will be used as the ENTRANCE to a new ARENA or DUNGEON that the server will have for either PvP or PvE challenges and rewards for winners/participants! Players on the server will use the entrance you made (this is why you need to have this implemented!) to crawl inside and be teleported to the location of the arena/dungeon that will be crafted for the server! You can bet the arena will be STYLED after you design; for example, a dragon statue (I really hope we have at LEAST one or two entries like this!) might have the arena styled like being inside the stomach of the dragon! Or some such, you get the idea...

This challenge is expected to be both time consuming and very rewarding... Plus, how awesome will it be to look at your excellent design! Take pictures, enjoy your creative masterpiece! As such, we'll be giving you about a month to create your design. We'll post a deadline on the front page of the Forum soon!

Please note: If you would like to make multiple entries, you are certainly allowed to build more than one! We will determine later if we'll allow EACH entry to be scored in the contest or if we will just score the BEST of your entries. Either way, if you build a great Statue and want to make another, Feel free! If they're both great, you never know, maybe we'll use both!

More than ANYTHING: HAVE FUN! Enjoy your work! Make something awesome that you'll be able to brag about later, that players who join the server later will be in awe of!

Good luck to everyone!

ATTENTION ROANOKE!

A new contest is at hand!

Here are the details:

You are to create a Large Statue/Model of a Monster/Mythical Creature of your choice (Dragons, Giants, Unicorns, whatever you like!) using stones of your choice and your Chisel! The requirements that are being judged are two factors, both SIZE and DETAIL!

Here's the bullet point version for what you should do:

• Find a location that is accessable to others: It doesn't have to be next to the road, but it can't be behind a protected fence or anything, people need to be able to get there to see it!
  • Use whatever stone types you want: Raw, Bricks, Cobble, Smooth, any kind or color, as long as it lends to your design, use it!
  • Chisel the shape with as much detail as possible! Dragons have wings, scales, fangs, eyes, for example... The more detail you can put on it, the better!
  • It MUST have an openning that a player could fit into somehow (you'll know why if you keep reading!): This can be accomplished in many ways: Crawling into a 1x1 opening (such as a mouth!), climbing up/down a ladder, or simply walking in (2x1, 2x2, whatever you wish, just make it design conscious!).
The WINNER (or perhaps top-3, if we have a large amount of excellent entries! We'll give the winner a bonus if this is the case, however...) will be immortalized by the server in this: Your creation will be used as the ENTRANCE to a new ARENA or DUNGEON that the server will have for either PvP or PvE challenges and rewards for winners/participants! Players on the server will use the entrance you made (this is why you need to have this implemented!) to crawl inside and be teleported to the location of the arena/dungeon that will be crafted for the server! You can bet the arena will be STYLED after you design; for example, a dragon statue (I really hope we have at LEAST one or two entries like this!) might have the arena styled like being inside the stomach of the dragon! Or some such, you get the idea...

This challenge is expected to be both time consuming and very rewarding... Plus, how awesome will it be to look at your excellent design! Take pictures, enjoy your creative masterpiece! As such, we'll be giving you about a month to create your design. We'll post a deadline on the front page of the Forum soon!

Please note: If you would like to make multiple entries, you are certainly allowed to build more than one! We will determine later if we'll allow EACH entry to be scored in the contest or if we will just score the BEST of your entries. Either way, if you build a great Statue and want to make another, Feel free! If they're both great, you never know, maybe we'll use both!

More than ANYTHING: HAVE FUN! Enjoy your work! Make something awesome that you'll be able to brag about later, that players who join the server later will be in awe of!

Good luck to everyone!

I would participate... but i have no chisel... :unsure:

I would participate... but i have no chisel... :unsure:

I don't know why but that made me smile. maybe make one? or team up with a chiseler!

The screen shot contest.

I would've participated but the server message said it was ending Feb 19, so I thought there was lots of time still. Lotanis confirmed seeing this date on the server message as well. =(

I would've participated but the server message said it was ending Feb 19, so I thought there was lots of time still. Lotanis confirmed seeing this date on the server message as well. =(

Did I really say feb? Im sorry.

Please post up your shots anyway, I'll find a waybto make it up to you.

Bob

Hi all,

New flint and steel recipe to make one that works on lanterns

Pig Iron Ingot

....................Flint

Bob

Who was doing something goofy that crashed the server?

Bob was going to class this could be a long wait guys.

yeah... i was fooling with my head lamp and turned it on..... also mistakenly started a grass fire trying to light it with the flint.... might have been my fault. Figgered out that you press "f" while wearing the lamp and have the approved flint/steel in your hand. Sorry if I screwed up :/

nope just looking to supply Bob with info to see if he can stop it from happening.

Yep tis off :( on a better note that chiseled sculpture sounds realy nice!

Can you tell which block is magnetite and which is just regular andesite?

Posted Image

30 dispensers feeding 30 sluices on a 5-minute clock, massive desert in background. =)

Posted Image

This lapis lazuli deposit keeps going. There's a coal deposit peeking out at the back too.

Posted Image

Confirmed Bob has class, will be awhile of wait guys.

I'd like to join.

IGN= Ghost926

Hey there. Noting aero's cool pics I have one question....... is it really a good idea to have machines producing gems (the very neat auto-sluice). It would seem that it and others like it will flood the gem market and make currency relatively redundant. Maybe there is some aspect of this that limits it but it does seem that it could collapse the economy. Any other thoughts out there?

Bob did you ever check out the crash log yet? wondering if those headlamps are bugged.