Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

Hey bob, i wanted to share this awesome screenshoot, taking in consideration the weekly screenshoot contest, i took this while i was going back home, and i saw this beautiful autumn sunrise

Posted Image

Hey bob, i wanted to share this awesome screenshoot, taking in consideration the weekly screenshoot contest, i took this while i was going back home, and i saw this beautiful autumn sunrise

Posted Image

Looks nice!

Ok! Here we go. Our next round of server-improvements is a server-only mod called MyTown!

MyTown is somewhat similar to the chunk protection we have now, but also very different. You get land based on residents of your town, and the towns are generally bigger than what you would control before. You can "own" individual chunks inside your town, which become specific to you. Other chunks in your town that are not specifically owned by a town member are shared by members of the town, outsiders cannot interfere with anything inside the town.

Town chunks are claimed much like they are now... if you have the ability to do it, /t claim claims the chunk you are standing on. If you want to mass claim, /t claim "number" makes a radius around where you are standing for mass chunk claiming. This will make a big square around you, but you are not forced to build your town in this way. You can manually claim chunks to make your town follow the coastline of a peninsula or anything you'd like. Towns do not even have to be contiguous, meaning you can have say a 5x5 area for your main town, but also a little ways away can be a 3x3 outpost that you have built as a "satellite" town, which is still a member of your town with all the same benefits. Theres more to learn, but I'll redirect you to this page to see some of the specifics..

A town can only be formed by a player with a large amount of currently owned chunks, the number to aim for is 20. Chunks can still be bought the same as before, still purchaseable with Gold Coins, or Gems. The exchange rate for Gems->Chunks is going to get lower based on how many chunks you already own however, making gems LESS valuable in the long run, and Gold Coins MORE valuable. Gems can still be sold to traders for Gold Coins, but the exchange rates have been changed to reflect these different rates... You'll notice if you go and visit them.

A nation gives bonus chunks to all towns that are members of the nation. A nation's leader will have some small measure of control over the other towns, not much, but if the other towns are not working together, or following the directives of the nation's leader(s) then they can be expelled from the nation by the King/President/Council (whatever system you choose!).

Working together as a TOWN will be a very large part of this mod. The new method for acquiring gold in mass will be "foreign trade", which I'll detail now:

Foreign trade will require a few things: You need to build a trade-post, which could perhaps be in the form of a sea-port, a large stable with horses/wagons for "transport" and buildings suitable for some traders. The traders will be placed by the Admins, and will have many options for PURCHASING items (imports!) but Imports will be expensive, making trading with other towns potentially more profitable. To SELL items (exports!) you have to export in mass. You will build a storehouse that is chunk-locked to the mayor or an assistant, and you'll fill double-chests with ONE type of item (example: double-chest full of: Cassiterite, Sphalerite, Red Apples, Tomatoes, etc) some of these will take many days to fill, some can be done quickly. You can fill them partially, but they will only be collected and paid when they are full. The gold from these chests will be paid based on the economy idea of supply and demand, which is to say: The more people are giving us a resource like Cassiterite or Sphalerite, the LESS valuable it will become. A double-chest of an item type that is exclusive or unique will be worth much more! Within bounds of reason of course, but you get the idea.

The payouts from these will be placed in a chest, with a ledger in it (unsigned written book! will be signed occasionally and re-started when it gets pretty full) this chest will be accessed only by the Mayor or someone he appoints to handle this task: The Gold Coins will all be going to him! Members of the town who work to gather these materials will then be paid by the mayor or his accountant based on the work they did. The mayors will be able to set these pay-rates as they see fit. NOTE: Be fair with your subjects! You make people work hard but don't pay them, you can't expect them to stick around! On the flip side, members who do not work hard, won't get paid as much! Go figure! So you better be willing to work with your team!

Gold Coins will have a very important value. They will allow you to purchase stone, smooth stone, stone brick, various foods, metals, tools, custom NPC guards/mannequins to display your armor, and more chunks for your town! A worker who saves his money could even choose to go and start his own town... 640 coins it costs to found a town, weigh your options carefully! You'll probably need people to come work for you if you start a new town... Make your decisions wisely!

Please, please, please! Give us feedback. Ask us questions. This is a process that we want to go through with you, the players, to fine tune this town system into an advantageous, fun, interesting system. We want you to enjoy the server, and have to take pride in your town and your projects and the work you've done. If anything becomes a burden or doesn't seem right, we'll fix it. We'll make this work together, and the system that we make now will be able to carry us forward to whenever we eventually need to restart the world (Don't panic please! This could be months before a TFC update requires us to make a change, and just because it updates, we may not update right away! We'll decide that as a server, together. No surprises! Don't worry.).

Thank you for the read, and I hope you enjoy the new mod! (It doesn't require that you add anything to your game, its server-side only!) Thanks again and have fun!

Thanks Josh!

I for one am looking forward to the future!

I'd like to be white-listed, please.

IGN: monster10

I want to join simply because this looks like an amazing server, I usually leave civilisation to make a small outpost from which I'd harvest materials to trade with, but I've joined towns and cites on the odd occasion.

Hi,

I'd like to join the ranks of your server. :)

I've been busy with university stuff for a while and wasn't really in the mood to play TFC.

Decided to hop in again, only to find that my old server has shut down.

Well after reading several Server descriptions, I think that your server seems to be the one I would like to play on.

About my Ingame behaviour:

I'm mainly a builder.

I enjoy good looking buildings and the making of these and only do the most necessary mining and the likes.

Therefore I like to rely on a group to be provided with the essentials and in accept and complete any building request

the settlement has.

You can have a look at some of my previous works through my posts in this forum (mostly the chisel creations thread).

IGN is Kwink007.

Welcome guys, we'll get you whitelisted asap.. :) welcome to Roanoke, feel free to join in some of our new towns/communities, we just implemented the MyTown mod which will bring some nice benefits for those who work together :)

check out my brick of text one page back if you want some info on it.. theres a link to the mod page as well..

Again, welcome and Enjoy your stay! The server is growing at a pretty steady rate :) plenty of people to play with!

I'd like to be white-listed, please.

IGN: monster10

I want to join simply because this looks like an amazing server, I usually leave civilisation to make a small outpost from which I'd harvest materials to trade with, but I've joined towns and cites on the odd occasion.

I'm sorry monster,

You have 2 bans listed for xraying and Hacks.

http://mcbouncer.com/user/monster10/bansFor

Bob

Hi,

I'd like to join the ranks of your server. :)

I've been busy with university stuff for a while and wasn't really in the mood to play TFC.

Decided to hop in again, only to find that my old server has shut down.

Well after reading several Server descriptions, I think that your server seems to be the one I would like to play on.

About my Ingame behaviour:

I'm mainly a builder.

I enjoy good looking buildings and the making of these and only do the most necessary mining and the likes.

Therefore I like to rely on a group to be provided with the essentials and in accept and complete any building request

the settlement has.

You can have a look at some of my previous works through my posts in this forum (mostly the chisel creations thread).

IGN is Kwink007.

Welcome to Roanoke.

I'll get you on the list asap,

Bob

Hi,

I would like to get white listed for this server.

I've been playing TFcarft for a while now and it would be great to experience TFcraft with other mods.

I usually just join towns in servers and help out as much as I can.

IGN: PruneyBuns

Hey guys,

I would love get white listed to join your server.

Already played on some servers with different mods.

I played TFC for a while. Wanna try it now on a server.

Heard about this server from a friend.

Mainly a builder and surviver. Love to play in teams.

IGN: beanixx

Thank you :)

Server Down?

it was with this:

2013-01-30 03:39:33 [sEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NoClassDefFoundError

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: l

at a.<init>(CrashReport.java:27)

at a.a(CrashReport.java:319)

at yc.m(World.java:826)

at yc.h(World.java:803)

at yc.f(World.java:744)

at yc.e(World.java:702)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.scanLogs(BlockLogNatural.java:282)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.scanLogs(BlockLogNatural.java:269)

same one as before, no error report generated.

It happens,

Bob

I would like to join this server please.

This looks great.

I enjoy the challenge of TFC and it has really spoiled vanilla for me. I can never go back.

I love to work in a team or village and will take on almost any job that needs to be done.

IGN: Goroar

Hi,

I'm interested in getting whitelisted for this server. I'm just getting started with TFC and have been looking around for a server to play on.

Considering I'm just starting out, I'm not really sure what kind of roles I can fill, but typically I tend to be a spelunker/miner.

My in-game name is SleepingPigeon

Hello!

I wish to apply for getting white-listed on this server

IGN: Lladdy

I have played MC with members Shimmey, cgSprite and EvilJen before.

I haven't played TFC before however, but I'm told that once you do, it's hard to go back to normal MC.

Everything I've heard so far seems cooler and much more hardcore than the normal MC, so I really want to try it out.

Thanks for reading!

I know this is cheeky of me, but can I ask how you customized items/recipes on the server?

PruneyBuns

beanixx

Goroar

SleepingPigeon

Lladdy

Welcome to Roanoke!

I know this is cheeky of me, but can I ask how you customized items/recipes on the server?

Magic

And Custom NPC mod.

Its an amazing tool.

haha yeah I looked at Custom NPC and it boggled my mind and I'm still getting my head round scripting the quests properly (had to toatally re-design my dialogue flow due to a mis-understanding)

Didn't see anything about custom items there though (goes to check again)

PS: Love your quest so far, searching for Naga's at the moment =p

Someone has cheated stage 1 though with the cinnabar quest (tunneld direct to boss)

You may want to chunk protect the quest zone =p

haha yeah I looked at Custom NPC and it boggled my mind and I'm still getting my head round scripting the quests properly (had to toatally re-design my dialogue flow due to a mis-understanding)

Someone has cheated stage 1 though with the cinnabar quest (tunneld direct to boss)

Its in the global section under recipes.

You cant add blocks, but you can use any item any mod has added.

Thanks for teh heads up on the quest zone as well.

Bob

Actually I did that when I made the quest. The risk in that is you can aggro other mobs and having to fight more with the boss can be tough : P