Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

I will slaughter you all like mewling LAMBS BEFORE A SATANIC COMBINE HARVESTER!!!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g

But until then, keeping busy =p, new Quest line will be up in Oolania tonight and it's my first attempt at a branching quest line with this NPC mod.

It will be easier if/when Noopes gets round to the dynamic factions update (on his to do list) but until then I think I have a method that will work...

All I'm going to say is thank god for spreadsheets....

Just a suggestion for a quest, would it be possible to have a quest with a demolitions expert? I was thinking, after you complete his or her's quest that you could be able to buy dynamite from the quest giver. For a hefty price? Or maybe to get all the materials necessary to make dynamite that is tfc related. For example bring "X" amount of saltpeter, sulfur and coal and you get "X" amount of Dynamite. Maybe it would even get more people to trade and give a use to salt peter and sulfur.

Don't see why not :) will check bob et al are happy with Dynamite and then sort it out.

I have a tinker quest line coming up anyway so makes sense to add it to him :)

IGN: bro918

I'd like to join this server because this is one of the only populated TFC servers out there. There's almost no other TFC servers that actually has a few people in it.

I'll be honest with you, i'm not exactly sure how I will be a positive addition to the server. I usually stick to myself. I can help out with towns I guess. I just like to make my own little cabin in the middle of nowhere. :)

To play around with the mods you guys have would be pretty cool though.

Thanks in advance.

Ok the Pirate Quest Pt1 is up in Oolacille (+17993 -12792 145 from Admiral Jake)

The quest can be accepted and completed however I will a "Diplomatic" option to complete the quest tommorow along with a branching option to side with the Pirates instead of the navy should you so wish.

This will then branch into one of two quest lines which will ultimately award you a uniquely named top end boat and other goodies, but don't expect it to be too easy :)

I made a simple market near RRD. The area is nice and flat and the market can be expanded with very little work. Feel free to add your trade booth to mine.

BTW - Those archer guards near RRD are slowly destroying RRD by attacking creepers and getting the place blown up. When I was working on the market I heard a few explosions from that happening. The arrows are too weak to kill the creepers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just in case anyone wants to see what an NPC quest mapped out looks like and why the pirate quest is taking me 3 days of lunch breaks to get sorted (with stage and actor building in the evenings) - this is the Pirate NPC quest mapped out as it will be when it's finished.

Spoiler Warning naturally

I expect this part of the quest line to last most folks about...10 minutes =p

http://i.imgur.com/T5fhJD3.jpg

If i could only read this small as an atom image.

lol you can CTRL mouse wheel to zoom in but it was really to give folks a view of the scope of it ;)

It still won't be crystal clear but if you anyone REALLY wants it I'll upload the excel spreadsheet.

I'm aware of a few discrepancies with the text and what have you that need to be ironed out but I'll get round to that on implementation :)

I would like to be added to the whitelist.

My IGN is either: shane97479 or [email protected]

I am not sure which IGN because i migrated my account and have not been on a server in a few months. I recently found TerraFirmaCraft and learned the basics before deciding to find a server, but your server seems to be the only decent server out there. Even if it is the one of the few operable servers I would be overjoyed to be allowed on.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.gamogora....debooth.0.2.zip

This is the link to DL the new tradebooth mod! Delete your old one and replace with this one please, if you downloaded the last one..

You'll have the ability to buy tradebooths in whiterock, and they can be placed then wherever you wish.. but I recommend a high-traffic area :)

http://www.gamogora....misc/tradebooth has instructions if you'd like to read them.. there are NO crafting recipes, and we're not going to make any. Purchaseable only from a Tradebooth in whiterock that sells tradebooths... hehe XD

Um... anyone mind telling me the cords to Whiterock?

What are the IRC details for TFCRoanoake :)

Been an age since I used IRC and not sure what server/node you're on :)

I'll Finish the Pirate quest line tonight and reset the data for anyone that already did it so you can do the full version.

It seems the server has crashed. Suddenly closed and won't come up.

Does the server have an auto-restart at all? :S

It's got an auto reboot schedule but I need to figure out how to set it so it gives you a warning before hand, right now it just reboots =/

Other than that it's usually out of memory errors but I'll keep submitting the crash logs and hope things improve :(

It's got an auto reboot schedule but I need to figure out how to set it so it gives you a warning before hand, right now it just reboots =/

Other than that it's usually out of memory errors but I'll keep submitting the crash logs and hope things improve :(

Shouldn't it just be set to reboot if it goes offline? :( And I assume you can't restart it, only Bob or Josh can?

woah I'm so sorry I replied to the wrong topic XD - I have no idea or say in the Roanoake reboot schedule so so so so sorry :)

(dangers of replying to email updates on packed tube train!)

What are the IRC details for TFCRoanoake :)

Been an age since I used IRC and not sure what server/node you're on :)

I'll Finish the Pirate quest line tonight and reset the data for anyone that already did it so you can do the full version.

esper.net

#TFCRoanoke

I would like to start SMP. i have played SSP for awhile now and it gets lonely i would like to join a friendly helping community. IGN greenlimits

IGN: Mattbball53097

Why I want to join: I really like mods like TerraFirmaCraft (and Feed the Beast), so I thought this server would be a good one. I am friends with a member of the server on here (RicksterCraft), and he suggested this server. I am a pretty good builder, if I get in the mood, and I am not a very good PvP'er, so this is a good server that I won't get constantly killed on it. Please take me into consideration.

Thanks,

Mattbball53097

http://www.mcbans.com/ban/2973339

Clear that up or PM me about it. But I personally have 0 tolerance for the reason given.

Wikoli

Welcome to Roanoke

IGN: bro918

I'd like to join this server because this is one of the only populated TFC servers out there. There's almost no other TFC servers that actually has a few people in it.

I'll be honest with you, i'm not exactly sure how I will be a positive addition to the server. I usually stick to myself. I can help out with towns I guess. I just like to make my own little cabin in the middle of nowhere. :)

To play around with the mods you guys have would be pretty cool though.

Thanks in advance.

You dont have bans listed on any of the ban lists. However I did receive this:

"before whitelisting bro918 i just want you to know he was banned on terrakingdoms for stealing a steel anvil along with other items,"

I need to look a little closer. I'll communicate with the TerraKingdoms owner before adding you to Roanoke's list.

​Yes, server owners generally like and speak with each other...

Bob

EDIT:

Bro918 were going to pass on you at this time. Best of luck finding a server to enjoy.

I would like to be added to the whitelist.

My IGN is either: shane97479 or [email protected]

I am not sure which IGN because i migrated my account and have not been on a server in a few months. I recently found TerraFirmaCraft and learned the basics before deciding to find a server, but your server seems to be the only decent server out there. Even if it is the one of the few operable servers I would be overjoyed to be allowed on.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Roanoke

Um... anyone mind telling me the cords to Whiterock?

approx 14900 -13000

I would like to start SMP. i have played SSP for awhile now and it gets lonely i would like to join a friendly helping community. IGN greenlimits

Welcome to Roanoke