Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

My friend Chase and I would like to join your server, our in game names are ChaseMC, Genexcontrol. Hope we get word soon, thanks.

Jackass,

Thank you for making my point.

Bob

EDIT:

This was in response to 2.5 pages of inflammatory spam posts by user Jackass65.

The posts were reported and removed.

My friend Chase and I would like to join your server, our in game names are ChaseMC, Genexcontrol. Hope we get word soon, thanks.

Thanks for the request. I will be back in the morning to admin the whitest.

Bob

Someones getting a TFC forum ban fairly shortly, methinks...

I would like to visit the server, zakhad is my gamename.

Hello Zakhad,

I'll get you on the list this morning.

You asked some specific questions on the Leviathan server ad, did you have any unanswered questions about Roanoke?

Bob

Ehrm. your introduction post about the server got majorty of my questions. The only thing I might ask, is how you run your more unique features such as claiming land.

Whats the general consensious on claiming land in which; when i spawn am I immdiately allowed to claim a area as my own? Or is there a grace peroid in such that after you have concidered me acceptable I will be promoted for granted rights to claim land? I'm abit confused with the whole gem system u have; u allow people to claim land for a price but is that only within a player based town? or does the chunk claiming system take gems from ur inventory when u claim land.

Might as well ask a couple of mundane questions while I'm here.

Where do i spawn? in a spawn house or in the middle of no where to stop griefing etc. will I be able to join up with you guys? As im not really looking for a solo server, as in everyone builds like 1k-2k away from each other.

How many "towns" (Player groupings) do you have within your server I'm going to assume not everyone is under the same banner but idk so im asking :P.

Is there a distance limit in which ur allowed to play within? e.g. don't go further then say 20k otherwise it will have a knock on effect on the server performance.

Ehrm. your introduction post about the server got majorty of my questions. The only thing I might ask, is how you run your more unique features such as claiming land.

Whats the general consensious on claiming land in which; when i spawn am I immdiately allowed to claim a area as my own? Or is there a grace peroid in such that after you have concidered me acceptable I will be promoted for granted rights to claim land? I'm abit confused with the whole gem system u have; u allow people to claim land for a price but is that only within a player based town? or does the chunk claiming system take gems from ur inventory when u claim land.

Might as well ask a couple of mundane questions while I'm here.

Where do i spawn? in a spawn house or in the middle of no where to stop griefing etc. will I be able to join up with you guys? As im not really looking for a solo server, as in everyone builds like 1k-2k away from each other.

How many "towns" (Player groupings) do you have within your server I'm going to assume not everyone is under the same banner but idk so im asking :P.

Is there a distance limit in which ur allowed to play within? e.g. don't go further then say 20k otherwise it will have a knock on effect on the server performance.

Ok...

Claiming land works like this: You may buy the ability to claim any minecraft chunk (16x16x256) in the world, from me. Think of me as owning the world and you buy a little piece from me. Once you own the chunk you can manage your own mini white list for the chunk. People not on your list can not interact with the blocks within. After claiming, you must visit each chunk you have claimed 1 time per real life week to keep the claim. There is no upper limit on the number of chunks you can own, and each chunk can have its own user list.

The cost of the chunks is the Gem standard as presented in the initial post. Building sets of gems is intended, and has created a small economy for the server.

To purchase the right to claim a chunk, you must travel to me and present your gems. I take them and modify your max claimable chunk number.

The only restrictions in place is to apply a little common sense. ie, please don't claim someone else's house.

Does that help?

Other questions. You "should" spawn near "The White Rock" or the original village of Spalvaney. However for some unexplained reason, some people spawn on a tiny island thousands of km away. I have placed a way to get to civilization if you find yourself there. There are 5 or 6 different towns or villages on now. Most are connected via a road system and soon a rail way. We really don't have a problem with griefing at all at this point. I do look at a player as closely as I can before I add them to the white list. We have a great group thus far. I'm sure you will be able to find a home.

There is no edge of the world in place.

I also run "events" for people who are looking for tasks. I'm building a museum and as such, there are all kinds of collection tasks which need to be done. At Christmas there were presents at the north pole for those who made the run.

I as the admin also attempt to stay out of creative and play the game as intended. But I will do what needs to be done in order to keep the world moving as smoothly as possible for the players.

Any more questions?

Bob

Admining a server takes alot of time, i appreicate the feedback u given me and ill give it a playthrough once im whitelisted, btw do u object to Lp'ing on the server? I have atempted a lets play b4 only did a couple of episodes. I stoped cus I was bored playing by myself; in TFC as it takes so long for anything to happen, I really need to play on a server to come back and watch ur crops grown new animals have bread (being optimistic here ofc :P). Gunna carry on with my lets play at some point when my friend is free of his IRL problems.

There is 1 more question for now, How long is ur year in TFC? and how long is ur day as well, is it traditonal server times? 356days/24000? hours

Admining a server takes alot of time, i appreicate the feedback u given me and ill give it a playthrough once im whitelisted, btw do u object to Lp'ing on the server? I have atempted a lets play b4 only did a couple of episodes. I stoped cus I was bored playing by myself; in TFC as it takes so long for anything to happen, I really need to play on a server to come back and watch ur crops grown new animals have bread (being optimistic here ofc :P). Gunna carry on with my lets play at some point when my friend is free of his IRL problems.

There is 1 more question for now, How long is ur year in TFC? and how long is ur day as well, is it traditonal server times? 356days/24000? hours

Your listed now.

The time is set on (new)defaults. 96 day year, 8 day months.

I have no problems with you live playing.

Bob

I'm on call this weekend. I may be around a lot, or not at all.

Please be patient with me if your are applying.

Bob

This server is a lot of fun! I can testify to that!

I am a bit lonely up as far North as I am, but that is completely my own fault haha. Will have to extend some kindness to some new people and let them settle up in my area :)

Give it a break Jackass65 there is no way now that your going to be added to the list. Not after showing your age.

To Bob

Could i be added to the white list please. I am an over 30 adult and would like to be part of a good community. I just started playing TFC so im still learning quite alot. But i love to be a part of something and help when ever possible.

Regards

Hogtooth

Hogtooth

You will be added as soon as I can get in game.

Welcome to Roanoke

Go back and reread your attempts at gaining my favor. page 11-13. You lied, you raged, you made remarks about me personalty when you did not get listed.

You will NEVER be welcome on a ever I run.

Please stop spamming my thread.

Bob

"Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more."

Sorry Jackass I just couldn't resist...

Please may I be added to the whitelist? I have been playing minecraft for a while now but have next to no experience on servers and i wanted to try it out, I have been playing terrafirmacraft for about a month now and generally know how everything works and I think it would be a lot more fun playing with other people then just being a larry =/

IGN: bilo666

Some general info about myself: I'm 19, currently a student, live in the UK, played minecraft since I think it was summer 2011. And as I haven't really been on a server for more than a few hours when i was testing it out, I haven't been banned or anything of that sort.

IGN:Darkpyro36

Nickname: pyro

Years playing minecraft: 2-3

Prior experience:Vanilla, Tekkit, FTB

Why i want to join: I am looking for a friendly server for a friend (Dustin_TV) and me to play. She has not played Terrafiramcraft before but i have some prior experince. If you would alow us to join your server you wont regret it i promise.

Also to save you the trouble of looking for it i will give u this: http://mcbans.com/player/darkpyro36, and this http://www.minecraft...ve-griefer.908/ (link is easy to find google my IGN and its on the 2nd page). Yep saving you some time with me if u want to say no.

IGN: Dustin_Tv

Nickname: Skye

Years playing minecraft: 1-2

Prior experience: Vanilla, Tekkit, FTB

Why i want to join: To have fun and play on this awesome mod with my friend (Darkpyro36) plus he has told me about it and it sounds pretty cool i like a challenge when playing minecraft it gives me something to do instead of just sitting around and doing nothing or the same thing all the time

bilo666

Darkpyro36

Dustin_Tv

Welcome to Roanoke

I'll get you guys whitelisted soon

Dark thanks for providing the links. Strpping forward and bringing that mess to my attention first thing was great. Do me a favor though. Should you ever move on, leave your work intact. That way I can use your abandoned builds as ruins and adventure sites.

Bob

Welcome to the server guys! We're all about cooperation, trading, and OWNERSHIP!

So trading for resources? totally fine!

But if you find a mine that you didn't dig... ITS NOT YOURS! :) Just common sense. Don't dig in other peoples mines, don't cut their trees... If you ask, you can probably work out a deal, but don't take things without asking :)

Anyhoo! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here! I'm still pretty new, but already having a great time with everyone!

Here we go..... Bbushh's mad ideas :/

Problem: There are low tier ores, other minerals and food items that have no use or value and are in great overabundance.

Idea: Export shacks (Starports?) Players would claim 1 chunk in a central area (near the RRD depot comes to mind) and build a small building that housed 16 chests. They could then fill all these chests with FULL STACKS of various items (surplus ores, minerals and food) which would then be destroyed (exported) and then some benefit would accrue (special resource, chunks, payment in some form, etc.). Players would use a "flag" of some sort so the moderator (in this case BOB :)) could then effect payment by leaving it in a chest inside or awarding chunks.. Any ore, mineral or foodstuff that has little value would then be imbued with some relevance in game terms.

Neat item: books that you can write in.

Idea: Books could be used to interesting effect in game by becoming legal contracts for a variety of issues like land grants. The player could write up a "proposal" (described land for annexation.... umm, can't think of any more examples..) and would present it to Bob (or other admin). If the "potentate" signed it, it would become "law" and would impart rights as stipulated in the text. This is a bizzarro idea but could be kinda fun.... who knows.

I have attempted to make these concepts as streamlined as I can because I have no wish to burden our admin with onerous tasks. It is of singular importance that Bob enjoy the experience of running this server or ultimately it will fail so I completely defer to his decision whether these concepts might add to the fun. I also would be happy to have positive or negative feedback and any suggested modifications to these ideas would also be welcome.

Lastly, I agree with Aridhol about mines. I feel that if you have a tunnel lit with torches (not a cavern) OR any area with wood supports that any ore body contiguous to that point is yours to mine. Cherry picking in a cavern (a few torches in a natural opening) confers no rights as I see it. If you dig into another persons mine I recommend leaving a 1x1 "window" with a torch placed in it as a marker.

Sorry to ramble on so.... thanks for your time....really enjoying this server and the people that play here :)

Hey bob, here are my pics for the pic contest

Posted Image

This one i took it when we first started the server with yoyo and you remember? its a little island near white rock, i thought it was cool so i did this.

Posted Image

The winter Watch. this is my base so far, its on the north and this is one of the first snows i saw in there,it really hitted me because it killed my reeds,saplings and torches, really hard stuff. I love the north

Posted Image

Here we have ladies and gentlemen The Lotanis Express, this was the first time i went through it, it was awesome, i had to work all day with istar to make an iron anvil and then a cart, worth it.