Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
scifidork

Craft saplings to sticks

26 posts in this topic

Simple suggestion: Saplings being craftable to sticks.

This Idea came to me when I realized how many saplings I collect from keeping my land cleared and my general lack of sticks.

You can easily convert saplings into sticks by planting them. Then when they grow, you harvest them for sticks. ;).

..... Silly!

I am not sure we need more recipes for sticks... I have enough sticks as it is(just get a willow farm. YOU HAVE ALL THE STICKS YOU EVER NEED.)

I'm just wanting something to do with saplings that I'll never use.

Also, this would allow a minor form of griefing: going to someone's base and converting saplings to sticks to destroy them. More annoying unless there are repeated attacks that prevent new trees from ever being planted.

How can a sapling become a stick....it's to small... maybe toothpicks could be made from them :-)

I use them as bonsai tree decorations :-)

saplings can make excellent bows. saying that in support of the idea. however, considering the ease it is to get sticks from any tree, I dont see the NEED for this feature beyond a artistic touch.

Saplings? Excelent bows? Wut?

You mean you have never heard of a sapling bow?

Me either.... Maybe it was bows as in for putting on presents? Jk

So a five meter tall tree is considered a sapling?

Also, this would allow a minor form of griefing: going to someone's base and converting saplings to sticks to destroy them. More annoying unless there are repeated attacks that prevent new trees from ever being planted.

:| So, you yourself admit your suggestion allows griefing. You see why that is a problem?

No? Let me explain you with an example... A lot of us wanted to have siege weapons (NO, I'M NEVER LETTING THAT GO). There was a suggestion for them, and it was rejected. Why? 'cause anything useable for grief is rarely accepted.

JAG, then how come a pickaxe is allowed? ;) there has to be a balance between griefing and gameplay. although this idea brings no addition, besides i stick to my thoughts that there should be a seperate gamemode for PvP with a lot more focus on siege weaponry and all that (yea, not letting it go either ;)

anything that allows mass greifing, such as seige weapons should have a server config to toggle it off. Let ssp users go crazy, but our war server need to be war!

JAG, then how come a pickaxe is allowed? ;) there has to be a balance between griefing and gameplay. although this idea brings no addition, besides i stick to my thoughts that there should be a seperate gamemode for PvP with a lot more focus on siege weaponry and all that (yea, not letting it go either ;)

This is exactly what I think, if you don't want to allow griefing remove the very structure of Minecraft and TFC and call it good. if you can build and destroy anything so can someone else, but I consider the gains worth more than any losses to have a more full world.

But the thing is, we do really need a way to make sticks out of saplings, when you can already make them out of logs by using a hammer? :

Sapling:

Posted Image

as known as

Posted Image

Cannot be crafted into a:

Posted Image

as known as

Posted Image

Ok? It just doesn't make sense...

:| So, you yourself admit your suggestion allows griefing. You see why that is a problem?

No? Let me explain you with an example... A lot of us wanted to have siege weapons (NO, I'M NEVER LETTING THAT GO). There was a suggestion for them, and it was rejected. Why? 'cause anything useable for grief is rarely accepted.

This was just something that I thought of as I was emptying my inventory, and immediately posted. I only realized of that later.

However, ECC does bring up a good point about making bows. Maybe saplings could be crafted into different sticks that make bows of different durability and power.

I'm just wanting something to do with saplings that I'll never use.

Ahaha, what a wussy griefer. 'ehehe i'm going to turn your renewable resource into another renewable resource, take that!'

we really should not be getting 'sticks' from a damn tree. we should be getting larger parts that we work for our tools. some trees should provide parts we CAN use, others we CANT. willow is useless for a tool handle for example

yeah i agree with Wolfyface up there, saplings are too thin and flexible to be used as a stick, ebven if you strip the leaves off of it, it just wouldnt be strong enough, because thinking about it, a "stick" in minecraft, seince you are able to use one as a handle for tools, should be at least a metre long

this is dumb

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the quote of the day! Thank you for the invaluable input that you have no doubt taken your time to process into a thought provoking, and meaningful 3 word sentence!

Why is it dumb, silly.

Is it just me or are most of your posts revolving around how people are wrong and you are right... both on these forums and on the minecraft forums?

Dude just thinks sapling bows rock. For Pete's sake!

I tell you what's dumb.

Posting "this is dumb" on a thread you have made absolutely no meaningful contribution to.

I need a drink.

I dont even drink and i need one!

:P

....sticks come from trees... and i think the Littles used sapling bows. ;)

Just to clarify on subject of griefing, you can't tell if thing that you added is not going to be used for griefing. Because it will. Regular piston, dozen of planks and a single lever is very good for griefing, you can't even imagine. As are signs. As is two water buckets, even when they are finite. I'm not even going to say anything about lava buckets and pickaxes/axes.

Is it just me or are most of your posts revolving around how people are wrong and you are right... both on these forums and on the minecraft forums?

No, Menoch, Esteban isn't a bad person, seriously. Read my signature (Ignore the first line that says to not read :) ) He is helpful most of the times. Really. Also I dont think that his posts are bad. It's only his idea.

Yeah, especially since he's right...