Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sasqaucth

Flag Idea: Kingdom's Thread Re-iteration so Bioxx doesn't have to go read 44 plus pages. Hmph.

13 posts in this topic

I posted this suggestion in the Kingdoms Thread:

"Going back to my flags suggestion... What if we had a more complex system, which may be busywork or just plain boring. First off, you have individuals, flags that protect your stuff and blocks, making it a bit harder to get into/destroy. This may make a need for, get ready, lock picking That way the need and want to be a bandit is there. Next, there should be Family flags. I think that families would fit into the TFC time-zone pretty well. A family would be described as a group of players to small to be a town, but larger than two. After that, you could have township flags, which operate differently. Instead of any stranger being debuffed while in you flag's area, the town can designate trust levels. This may affect breaking speed, ability to open chests, and the price of goods. As a side note, I think that trading should have a shared interface between players. Trading should also be affected by how you establish your colony/ kingdom's government. To build off that, Finally you should have Kingdom flags that have that trust system, but instead of individuals it should be faction wide. Trade is majorly impacted by these flags, causing prices and goods to be different based on faction relations, affecting faction's merchants, and maybe incite some war. Finally, there should be mobile flags about the same size of the Individual flag, but affect's a whole faction, for those on the go merchants and gypsy's. Another thing I see as a problem is overuse of a flag or the creation of another faction's flag. Each "citizen" of your faction should have papers that allow them to craft the flag, and lose durability in the crafting bench. The papers should come from multiple families creating a shared emblem specific to them, and them only.

I leave size of flag effect, the debuffs, and crafting recipes up to you guys, but keep this in mind:

Individual Flag- Cheapest, Smallest

Faction Mini Flag- Cheaper, Smaller

Family Flag- Cheap, Small

Town Flag- Expensive, Bigger

Kingdom Flag- Most expensive, Biggest

Also come up with a way to make the emblem unique and endless possible combination's, because I can see where it can cause some restriction of the number of factions."

Any time someone suggests clans of families with their own flags or crests it excites me. I don't care if the only thing they did was show a picture I want it.

Though I greatly dislike the idea of an enforced economy besides what individual people are willing to sell things for.

Did you read all the topic? A very good work. +1 and I hope that Bioxx sees this.

The economy wouldn't be limited, but a city/kingdom can set a price range for merchants of their nationality, while others will have to lower their prices because of competition. then, you get into real complicated economic cross-overs because of rare-goods that can only be bought from certain people. The prices on those are gonna be so jacked up it'll be ridiculous!

Then let them jack the prices up, the program doesn't need to tell them that certain materials are valuable. Let players decide, implementing any form of rigid system sabotoges player ingenuity. Prices aren't(for the most part) set by the government in the real world, they're established based on what an individual thinks they can get, if they can get more then they wouldn't want it capped, if they can't get that much they'd be better off selling cheaper so they can actually sell something. You should be able to see other clans affiliation, but it shouldn't force the side it's supposed to be protecting to do something they feel they wouldn't want(charging at too high a price).

Renadi, i feel like something may not have been explained clearly enough when i first wrote out the entire thing. The set economy is something players can choose to do or not to do based on their government or affiliation. If a group of people decide they want to protect the value of a material they have, they can tell merchants of their faction what prices have to be. the system would tell the other players when a merchant had gone out of bounds in a way, so that the prices can be enforced, because otherwise why make the restriction at all. This encourages players to actually start a black market or soem sort of shady buissness in the back, rather than just killing their trade.

I'm against any magical unexplained control, having price guidelines is fine but if at any point the game just tells you 'no, that's impossible' it should be with reason. Likewise a government shouldn't know that a merchant is selling at any price unless they witness it.

you give me an in world explanation and I may let you have this point, but having something enforced by the game without an in world explanation is a failure.

Er, ehm... I can give an explanation of something from that time period, but currently trade officials monitor trade via computers. the feeling i was going for was more: Players aren't the only people, just the only ones that matter.

"Prices aren't(for the most part) set by the government in the real world, they're established based on what an individual thinks they can get, if they can get more then they wouldn't want it capped, if they can't get that much they'd be better off selling cheaper so they can actually sell something."

I think Weights and Measures would disagree. Also when the hurricane hit here last year, a few of the kwiki marts jacked their prices up quite a bit too much. They got fined HARD for price gouging. There is a window of opportunity in marketing, but big brother does have more of a say than we may care to believe sometimes.

As far as tfc goes, i do agree to an extent with Renadi, though i would like to see gold and silver coins gameside so players have a choice to impliment a coin based monetary system.

I like the idea of flags and clans too! The ability to create haraldic crests would be phat!

one does simply realize that said goverment would employ espionage and notice the prices someone holds up via spies patrolling their country :D

this was done in every civilization: notice what your subjects are doing by using 2 means: the public authorities checking everything, and the spies hiddenly controlling both the public authority and secretly checking the prices themselves. if it were noticed you were being unfair competition with your prices, you'd be fined, warned or punished, depending on the civilization :D

Good idea, but I really feel that block protection should be only for locks and flags for more of a community chest/king can see his citizen's actions thing. Also, a bunch of items to combat griefing. So, here's my idea:

Maybe chests and other functional items could have locks put on them. And flags take a respectable amount of resources to craft, (a circle of paper and an ink sac to make the symbol itself and a double metal ingot smelted for the stand)

Flags then make it so that as long as you have been in an area long enough, you become affiliated with the nation. This means the one who placed the nation's first flag that is still standing can see:

• exactly where you are (if you are within national borders)
  • what, where and who are placing new funcional items
  • what, where and who is locking stuff,
  • and what is being taken, made and put in funtional items.
all via waypoints. In return, said person has access to all locks owned by the nation within the flag's influence range.

You can capture flags by first right clicking on it. At this point you pick it up and a flag stand is left in it's place. The effects stays and all who are affiliated with the nation can see a waypoint of your name and under it is the words "Traitor". You must take the flag out of it's influence to destroy the flag stand and make your waypoint disappear. This allows you to take over entire nations if you are a skilled tactician. Also, this makes flags helpful, but not game breaking. It's only use would be to keep watch over your subjects and allow others to use national chests.

Miniflags are crafted by putting 1 ink sac and a piece of paper in your CT. Then place it and a lock in your CT to make it.

Lock picking could be like a mini-game and different locks can be crafted be metal-smiths to make opening them harder than just clicking on them. If you craft a minifalg and lock together, it creates a community lock that locks it from non-citizens.

Now for locks and lock-picking:

Locks protect your stuff UNLESS someone tries to pick your lock. In that case, "chinks" will start to be heard in the nearby vicinity AND if you are part of a nation in which the picked block is influenced, you will get a waypoint saying THIEF and the thief's name.If you are punched while lock-picking, your lock-picking items are dropped as a block similar to redstone next to you. Anyone can then right click said block to pick the tools up.

You also cannot pick while the placer is not online for balance reasons. But if said placer has been inactive for at least one week, the lock can be picked at any time. This promotes devotion to the server and also makes it so that a block cannot stay unpickable for an extended period of time. The lock-picking mechanic gives griefing a high-risk/high-reward status. And can even allow for trained assassins. There are two types of locks:

Key lock: Requires a key, the more things to turn in the lock, the more the lock-picker has to use his metal stick thingy to turn. Finding and turning takes about 10 seconds if you know what your doing. You simply need to click, and move the mouse around. When you find a small groove (it makes a chink sound when it hits a wall) put the extending end into the groove and let go of the mouse button.

To make the main lock, you must first weld some tier 3 or higher metals into two double-ingots and a single ingot. Then, take one double-ingot and weld it into a lock half with the lock-body half blueprint (Made using a 3x5 rectangle of ink without the very edge corner inks included. Fill it in while leaving a 1x2 hole in the middle).

After this, you now must do the same for a second half. Weld the two halves together to finally the lock. Next, take the lock and put it into the blueprint slot and an iron ingot in it's appropriate slot. Weld and you should get a key that can unlock ONLY that lock.

Right-click on any functional block to subsequently lock it. To use the block, right click on it with the key in your hands.

To make a key-lock picking device, one must have already smelted a lock-pick with a tier 3 or higher ingot and the blueprint of said tool. (5x1 line of ink with an extra ink 1 space above the far right ink) When you right click on a key-locked block, a GUI comes up. You must move the mouse around to position the pick's angle. When you cannot make it angle towards one position and hear a click, you have hit a wall. All you need to do is find three grooves in the wall and click. This can take a skilled lock-pick at least 15 seconds to pick. When successfully picked, you gain the lock and said lock obviously disappears from the block.

Turn lock: To make the lock, you must first make the plans for the dial and the switch, two lock-base halves, a double-ingot of tier 3 or higher, and 1 metal sheet per switch. The plan for the dial is simply a 3x3 square of ink, filled in and placing one ink outside of the middle of each side. Meanwhile, the plan for the switch is a 3x3 square of ink, filled in and missing the top-middle ink.

Next, use the double-ingot and the dial blueprint to create the dial itself. Afterwards, you must weld switches using the blueprint and a metal sheet. Weld the switches along with one half of the lock-base to increase it's durability. This is used to represent how many switches are in it. Continue to weld to said half until you have the desired amount of switches (Max: 5)

Weld the two halves to make a turn-lock-base with said durability. (You can only use one half with switches in it) Finally weld the dial and the turn-lock-base together to make the turn-lock. Place it as usual, but now you only need to right-click on the block to use it.

To pick the lock, you first need a stethoscope. To make it, you will need a listening ball plan, (One plus of ink) a stethoscope-listener plan, (One 5x1 line of ink with a 3x1 line on top) and three sheets of tier 3 or higher metal. Now, make two balls and one hearer, each out of one metal sheet and it's respective plan. Craft like so:

0X0

X2X

X = Blank

0 = Ball

1 = String

2 = Hearer

Now with the stethoscope in your hands, right click on a locked block. Then move the mouse left or right to turn the knob. When you you can hear a click, that means you should stop turning and start turning in the opposite direction. Problem is, stethoscopes can give false clicks.

False clicks occurs when they are: less durable, of not-so-good-design, or you are turning the knob too quickly. You can only tell that it's a false click when you go back to it and it's not there anymore. When you DO get a click, you cannot go too far in the same direction or you lose one switch(click). When you reach the click, switch directions to gain it. If you switch back and go too far, you also lose one switch.

Cracking the lock can take a skilled lock-pick 10 seconds per switch. When you finally crack the lock, you gain the lock and said lock obviously disappears for the block.

EDIT:

In response to a comment by ECC, I have thought of the idea of handcuffs. Here is their workings:

Handcuffs: Handcuffs can be made using two double ingots and a single ingot of tier 3 or higher metal and a handcuff half blueprint. By left-clicking on any other player, said player gains the "Locked" status effect for an extended period of time. In return, the clicker loses the handcuffs. This means that they cannot place, punch or break objects. The effect stays until any player right clicks on them. In which case, the clicker gains the handcuffs as a reward.

By right clicking on someone with handcuffs, the clicked on player gains the "Bound" status effect. During this time, the bound player is forced to follow the clicker, as if the former's hand is cuffed to the latter's. The status effect can be stopped in two ways: the clicker switches his held item away from the handcuffs, or someone right-clicks on the bound player. In this case, the clicker gains the handcuffs.

To make a handcuff half, you must first make it's blueprint. This is a 4x4 circle of ink, not filled in and with a single ink on the left of the bottom left ink. Then, make two halves out of one of the mentioned double-ingots each. Weld the single ingot to a handcuff half to give if a full durability bar. (this is only needed to make the handcuff) Next, weld the two halves together to make some handcuffs.

Locked Handcuffs:These works basically the same except the only way you can unlock them to save someone is to either click while holding the key, or to pick their lock, in which case it works just like picking a key-lock. To make it, you must simply weld a lock with some handcuffs. In this case, you must use a handcuff key. This can be made using a double-ingot of tier 3 or higher and the lock handcuffs in the blueprint slot. It's simple, but it's also VERY useful. It's picking requirements are the same as the key-lock.

Police Baton: This item is simply a double ingot of tier 3 or higher metal and it's blueprint.To make the blueprint, all you need to do is a 3x4 rectangle of ink at the top with a single ink below the lower middle ink. Then simply create it with the double ingot and blueprint. It deals the same damage as a sword. But when killed, the killed player respawns a few seconds later exactly where he died.

This allows for police to bring people to the police station and confiscate their stuff. It also allows for mugging and thus makes police a necessity. Meanwhile, the handcuffs balance this and while it make police required, it also lessens the load of admins because the players can capture and imprison robbers, muggers and the such.

Thank you for your time.

1SDAN... could you stop spamming this everywhere? :

I am not spamming. I only posted it on valid threads to spread my idea and help the topic I am posting on. But if you're mad about me advertizing: Sorry about that. I was just thinking it wouldn't take up nearly as much space. I guess you'd rather have a wall of text...