Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
achartran

A Few Roleplaying threads, Maybe?

29 posts in this topic

PLEASE DON'T JUST READ THE TL;DR!!!!!

THERE IS WAY MORE INFORMATION HERE THAN CAN EASILY BE SUMMED UP!!!

Hey guys, this is, believe it or not, the first thread I have ever started on these forums. I know, crazy, right?

Anyways, if there is significant interest I think we should start some dedicated RP (role play) threads with various themes. Now, knowing this forum, they shouldn't be held to strict RP and if they devolve a little bit that shouldn't be an issue and people can bring it back "on topic" if they want to. These could possibly be stickied/pinned here in the Off Topic section if the staff is willing, so that they do not die off as quickly and could become the "official" RP threads. Here are just a few ideas for threads I've had...

- Fantasy (like... LoTR, Game of Thrones, etc.)

- Sci-Fi (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.)

- Historical Eras (Colonial, Victorian, Age of Exploration, etc.)

- Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes (Sherlock Holmes, etc.)

- Minecraft Adventures (maybe a few of these, they can go in so many directions. Also since this is the TFC forums, a few TFC ones as well.)

- D&D (for those who play, I don't personally, but I know some people here do. This could also include other similar games if people want, I guess.)

- TFC Forums Originals (Sherlock Holmes, stabbing people with spoons, etc. (anything that we often talk about here and use in our derails))

- Anime (Suggested by Killster, supported by Kimbbles)

- I'll add more if I think of any, or if someone else has a good idea.

So, let me know what you guys think and if you would like, and participate in, something like this. It could be really fun if people actually get in on it.

Some new info, actually in a later post in this thread, but now it's spoilered for ease of reading.

PLEASE DON'T JUST READ THE TL;DR!!!!!

THERE IS WAY MORE INFORMATION HERE THAN CAN EASILY BE SUMMED UP!!!

What I'm hoping for is to get staff approval of this so that I don't create a bunch of threads that get lost after 2 days because they weren't stickied. For these to be successful they need to be endorsed by the staff and stickied so that they server their purpose. So Dunk, please respond if you see this. :P

A little bit more info:

(basically, I (or someone else if you want) would write up the rules for the ones people want then they could be posted by either myself or a staff member to be stickied here in the off topic section) I think an ideal number of threads to start with could be 3 of the top picks. More could always be added. (Another option is to instead of stickie these in the off topic section, make a new Roleplay section (that is in the same category as the off topic section, just like the "Show Off" or "General" category has multiple sections, the Off Topic category would contain Off Topic and Roleplay) that contains the "official" threads stickied but allows users to post their own if the want, and if they become popular, get stickied. Or have two sub-sections in the Roleplay section, one for the official threads and popular user made threads that have been moved from the user threads sub-section of the Roleplay section.)

This is kinda confusing... I'll try to condense it and show it through text.

This is what home page of the forum would look like with an RP section

General

- Announcements

- Bug Reports

- Download Mod

- Discussion

- Support

- Suggestions

Show Off

- Guides

- Texture Packs

- Let's Play ( and Live Stream)

- Seeds

-- Seed Request

Off Topic

- Off Topic

- Roleplay

-- Official and Popular (Endorsed Threads, Hot Threads, etc. whatever you want to call it. This section can only have threads posted/moved here by staff, but posts by members on established topics are enabled obviously.)

-- User Threads (Threads posted by users, popular ones (maybe not to be determined just by a thread having the "hot" tag or not) are moved to the Official and Popular sub-section)

Geral

- Discussão

Just something to consider if the staff thinks RP would be a good idea.

TL;DR: I want to know if the staff is interested in this being official, and if so should there be a new sub-forum/section (whatever the right term is) dedicated to RP.

IMPORTANT: Please Read the Following Spoiler

It's about rating which threads you want to see most, so please take the time to go through and do that :)

Also, if people could go through (shouldn't take long) and rate each idea on a 1-5 scale (5=I really want this! 4=I want this. 3=I don't care, but may participate 2=I won't participate, but not opposed to existence 1=I don't want this at all) I will organize them according to highest average rating. (A poll doesn't really work for this purpose :()

To refresh you memories, the ideas as of now are... (examples and explanations are in the OP)( I will create new posts to ask for ratings on any new ideas that come after this.)

- Fantasy

- Sci-Fi

- Historical Eras

- Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes

- Minecraft Adventures

- Minecraft Adventures Other Mods

- TFC Adventures

- D&D

- TFC Forums Originals

TL;DR: Roleplay threads, for dedicated roleplay. Doesn't replace derails. Maybe a new sub-section dedicated to roleplay.

EDIT: Holy shit, this is my 666th post D:

It's also your post number 666... it sounds like it's the worst thing that ever happened to this forum D:

Even though it isn't a bad idea. If you check, some of us are RPing most of the time we are in a derail... :

Even though it isn't a bad idea. If you check, some of us are RPing most of the time we are in a derail... :

I am well aware of this, but this would provide us with a dedicated place for this where we don't have to worry about getting in trouble for taking things too far on a derail. I'm not saying we should change things regarding derails, just add a new place for even more insanity and hilarity. For example, a Sherlock Holmes RP thread could be A-MAZ-ING and could become another Holmsian Event! that doesn't get me close to being banned. Or we could have an entire thread dedicated to noodles stabbing people with spoons while they make sugar noodles jokes. Imagine the possibilities JAG, just imagine them and this will be you...

Posted Image

I would give it a like, but the f+cking quota... : so yeah, this posts again.

I... like... th-*head explodes*

Finally, I, Killster550 and others who participated in the RP derail of the 'sooo....' Discussion topic can finally continue our battle plans without interruption!

Finally, I, Killster550 and others who participated in the RP derail of the 'sooo....' Discussion topic can finally continue our battle plans without interruption!

Exactly. Although we should keep in mind, this shouldn't replace derails, those are spontaneous and extremely fun, these likely wouldn't be the same, but more of a place to continue established things to a further degree. As well as get some actual organized role play going (characters, events, etc.), that always has the potential for fun.

KILL THEM N00bs!!! I am still smithing aurum ignis for you guys. :P

Wow, your first thread achartran? Cool, very cool...Derailed? Already derailed?

KILL THEM N00bs!!! I am still smithing aurum ignis for you guys. :P

Now how well would the 'Aurum Ignis' work against the Newb Army?

Now how well would the 'Aurum Ignis' work against the Newb Army?

Aurum Ignis is formed from Arterial Blood, Gold and Gunpowder. Dunk Coins are smithed from them and they are considered to be better than even red or blue steel.

Seriously, already?! Ah well, guess I should expect it by now. :P

But if you don't mind, I would like people to discuss this concept and come up with ideas.

Seriously, already?! Ah well, guess I should expect it by now. :P

But if you don't mind, I would like people to discuss this concept and come up with ideas.

Well, you made a thread about threads about derailing, so the thread about threads about derailing got derailed. :P

WARNING!! WARNING!! ON-TOPIC!

But I would like to see TFC originals most out of all of them

This is a Long post, so I put it in a spoiler, please read it if you didn't already in the OP.

What I'm hoping for is to get staff approval of this so that I don't create a bunch of threads that get lost after 2 days because they weren't stickied. For these to be successful they need to be endorsed by the staff and stickied so that they server their purpose. So Dunk, please respond if you see this. :P

(basically, I (or someone else if you want) would write up the rules for the ones people want then they could be posted by either myself or a staff member to be stickied here in the off topic section) I think an ideal number of threads to start with could be 3 of the top picks. More could always be added. (Another option is to instead of stickie these in the off topic section, make a new Roleplay section (that is in the same category as the off topic section, just like the "Show Off" or "General" category has multiple sections, the Off Topic category would contain Off Topic and Roleplay) that contains the "official" threads stickied but allows users to post their own if the want, and if they become popular, get stickied. Or have two sub-sections in the Roleplay section, one for the official threads and popular user made threads that have been moved from the user threads sub-section of the Roleplay section.)

This is kinda confusing... I'll try to condense it and show it through text.

This is what home page of the forum would look like with an RP section

General

- Announcements

- Bug Reports

- Download Mod

- Discussion

- Support

- Suggestions

Show Off

- Guides

- Texture Packs

- Let's Play ( and Live Stream)

- Seeds

-- Seed Request

Off Topic

- Off Topic

- Roleplay

-- Official and Popular (Endorsed Threads, Hot Threads, etc. whatever you want to call it. This section can only have threads posted/moved here by staff, but posts by members on established topics are enabled obviously.)

-- User Threads (Threads posted by users, popular ones (maybe not to be determined just by a thread having the "hot" tag or not) are moved to the Official and Popular sub-section)

Geral

- Discussão

Just something to consider if the staff thinks RP would be a good idea.

------------------------------------

Also, if people could go through (shouldn't take long) and rate each idea on a 1-5 scale (5=I really want this! 4=I want this. 3=I don't care, but may participate 2=I won't participate, but not opposed to existence 1=I don't want this at all) I will organize them according to highest average rating. (A poll doesn't really work for this purpose :()

To refresh you memories, the ideas as of now are... (examples and explanations are in the OP)( I will create new posts to ask for ratings on any new ideas that come after this.)

- Fantasy

- Sci-Fi

- Historical Eras

- Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes

- Minecraft Adventures

- Minecraft Adventures Other Mods

- TFC Adventures

- D&D

- TFC Forums Originals

Sorry to bump, but...

In light of things recently said by crysyn, this suggestion has become something that I think is necessary to continue the fun we have on these forums (the reason I come here to be honest, I only actually play TFC once or twice a week if that.), without pissing off the moderators.

So, please, give this a look, a like if you want, and discuss.

(also, would it be possible to get this thread merged into the one in suggestions? The suggestions forum is a better place for things of this nature.)

I'm all for it.

I'm all for it.

Awesome, care to share which ones you are most interested in? There is a system for rating them somewhere in the OP. (The rating information is in a spoiler with big read text over it saying "IMPORTANT: PLease Read The Following Spoiler")

one does not simply forget a anime RP thread, if only for people to discuss and question about their favorite anime's, or quiz each other :D

one does not simply forget a anime RP thread, if only for people to discuss and question about their favorite anime's, or quiz each other :D

AHHHHHHHHHHH! YEYSYSYEYSYSTYDEgysadfwadgwdgfvgwffeffdgvbfdwbhdefwegfvfdvhsdfbnfhHSFYUGRWFHYUGDHUEGFVGTD

GVFHGVSFVHGVHDGFVDHYGFHYGFVSFGVFVGFV!!!!!

:Q___________________

Ok I vote on mainly:

TFC Originals, Historical Eras, Misc. Fictional Characters, and Anime. :)

Awesome, care to share which ones you are most interested in?

- Fantasy - 5

- Sci-Fi - 4

- Historical Eras - 3

- Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes - 3

- Minecraft Adventures - 3

- Minecraft Adventures Other Mods - 3

- TFC Adventures -3

- D&D - 2

- TFC Forums Originals - 4

- Fantasy - 5

- Sci-Fi - 3

- Historical Eras - 5

- Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes - 4

- Minecraft Adventures - 3

- Minecraft Adventures Other Mods - 3

- TFC Adventures - 4

- D&D - 1

- TFC Forums Originals -5

- Anime - 5

Yay! People actually used the rating system! (Other people, do it too, please! it will help me get a better suggestion together so that this can actually happen!)

Anyways, adding anime thread to OP.

Figured I should also do it myself...

Fantasy - 5

Sci-fi - 4

Historical Eras - 4

Misc. Fictional Characters and Universes - 4 (Just because of Sherlock ;))

MC Adventures - 1

MC Modventures - 2

TFC Adventures - 3

D&D - 3

TFC Forums Originals - 5 (Sherlock could work here too)

Anime - 2

i give this a........

5!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all of them :D

i give this a........

5!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all of them :D

Ok, I'll average that in, thanks for the feedback :)

(I'll post the current averages within the next few days)

no seriously, every one of these deserves its own thread :D

instead of discussing it, why we no make them :D