Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ExplosionGuy

Tribes with A.I. Controlled Characters

75 posts in this topic

Sorry to interrupt, but where exactly did you got this percentages from?

It's really just a guess. I shouldn't say it's a fact, I don't know what I was thinking. I'll change it. Just look on the forums about NPC suggestions. It seems that at least 60% of people agree that they should be added. I would like to get some statistics from a poll, though.

"I'm not sure if Custom NPCs and Citizens2 are actually compatible, but even if they were, it's not like they are much like my idea's anyway."

Custom NPCs works. I've used it, though some blocks dont work nice.

The only way Citizens2 will work is if tfc is ported to craftbukkit/mcpc bukkit. But Citizens 2 would definitely be close, and i mean very close to being able to do what you need it to do.

"I'm not sure if Custom NPCs and Citizens2 are actually compatible, but even if they were, it's not like they are much like my idea's anyway."

Custom NPCs works. I've used it, though some blocks dont work nice.

The only way Citizens2 will work is if tfc is ported to craftbukkit/mcpc bukkit. But Citizens 2 would definitely be close, and i mean very close to being able to do what you need it to do.

I'll try Custom NPC's soon, but they can't establish villages and work for other NPC's can they? Can they trade any type of currency that you want them too? Can they build villages? Can you have villages generate in your world?

I'll try Custom NPC's soon, but they can't establish villages and work for other NPC's can they? Can they trade any type of currency that you want them too? Can they build villages? Can you have villages generate in your world?

..... it's called Custom Npc's man... not Custom Awesomeness! Lol. As far as Citizens2 goes, you can script the npcs to have them do whatever you want them to maybe even building... Check out the site.

http://wiki.citizensnpcs.com/Characters

..... it's called Custom Npc's man... not Custom Awesomeness! Lol. As far as Citizens2 goes, you can script the npcs to have them do whatever you want them to maybe even building... Check out the site.

http://wiki.citizens....com/Characters

Lol. Exactly. Although it's a cool mod, It can't do half of what I'm suggesting. I've used Citizens2 and it's really cool, but while it can do some of the things that I've suggested, there are still a lot of things that it can't do. Even if someone were to mix the 2 mods together perfectly, that new mod still wouldn't be able to do the core features of what I'm suggesting.

had my calc exam today and I've watched 20 hours of last air bender in the past week so I've been a bit busy =P

this post is why everyone says no NPC's. I am sure Bioxx has another post that is far more direct on the matter, however I wish not to spend more time on this then necessary.

had my calc exam today and I've watched 20 hours of last air bender in the past week so I've been a bit busy =P

Welcome back bro. How do you think you did on calc? Better you than me i tell ya. I would have hemmoraged remembering my name.

http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__14697

this post is why everyone says no NPC's. I am sure Bioxx has another post that is far more direct on the matter, however I wish not to spend more time on this then necessary.

Honestly, I don't think there is.

This post is just stating that it would be difficult to implement them because they are hard to balance.

I really don't understand why he isn't focusing on SSP more than SMP. The majority of the mod users play SSP with TFC, so why is he focusing on SMP? That just doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I don't think there is.

This post is just stating that it would be difficult to implement them because they are hard to balance.

I really don't understand why he isn't focusing on SSP more than SMP. The majority of the mod users play SSP with TFC, so why is he focusing on SMP? That just doesn't make sense.

Well.. i am thinking that the fact that it is his mod kinda justifies it. Lol. I do like the idea of angry npc mobs... like highway bandits and the like.

Well.. i am thinking that the fact that it is his mod kinda justifies it. Lol. I do like the idea of angry npc mobs... like highway bandits and the like.

I do too. They would be very easy to add, and they could work just like hostile mobs, but have more intelligent A.I.

@archatran

EDIT: No I could not put all of this into one post. Stop telling me how easy it is to use the edit button. I already know, and I'm not going to keep wasting my time with reading posts that tell me anything about it.

Why has this never happened to anyone else here? I will be fine to leave you alone if you elaborate a bit more (and it isn't a lame excuse), I just don't know why this has never been an issue before. O.o

(Not trying to start something, just trying to understand the situation more fully.)

Why has this never happened to anyone else here? I will be fine to leave you alone if you elaborate a bit more (and it isn't a lame excuse), I just don't know why this has never been an issue before. O.o

(Not trying to start something, just trying to understand the situation more fully.)

It kept saying that I didn't have the same number of end quote tags as beginning quote tags, but when I split the post into 2, it worked fine.

It kept saying that I didn't have the same number of end quote tags as beginning quote tags, but when I split the post into 2, it worked fine.

Could that be because you were missing either a start tag [.quote name='x' etc.] or an end tag [./quote] somewhere? (The periods are there so that they don't register as actual tags and put "or an end tag" in a quote from some guy called x.)

Just saying, if possible, please avoid double posts, it makes a lot of us feel all warm and fuzzy inside if we don't have to keep reminding people about this.

Plus, double rhymes with trouble and single rhymes with... pringle? I dunno where I was going with that, except that double posts are bad, mmmkay?

Could that be because you were missing either a start tag [.quote name='x' etc.] or an end tag [./quote] somewhere? (The periods are there so that they don't register as actual tags and put "or an end tag" in a quote from some guy called x.)

Just saying, if possible, please avoid double posts, it makes a lot of us feel all warm and fuzzy inside if we don't have to keep reminding people about this.

Plus, double rhymes with trouble and single rhymes with... pringle? I dunno where I was going with that, except that double posts are bad, mmmkay?

Nope, I checked it about ten times. Even had the word quote highlighted to check. There were 12 quotes and 24 beginning and end quote tags as needed. I didn't make any changes besides splitting it down the middle and it worked fine. I'm sure it's just a forum glitch.

LOL. You crack me up, man.

The forum can't handle too many quotes per post, my guess is that's intentional so the posts don't occupy too much space... Either way, you could just do it ECC's style: copypaste whatever you are answering to, apply italics or something to it so it's noticiable the difference and start answering in the next paragraph.

Nope, I checked it about ten times. Even had the word quote highlighted to check. There were 12 quotes and 24 beginning and end quote tags as needed. I didn't make any changes besides splitting it down the middle and it worked fine. I'm sure it's just a forum glitch.

Welp, if it can't be helped then that's life I guess. (Although JAG does brings up a good point/idea)

LOL. You crack me up, man.

Glad to hear it :3

'do it ECC's style'

but then it wouldn't be my style :(

I dun wanna share :(

'do it ECC's style'

but then it wouldn't be my style :(/>

I dun wanna share :(/>

Dude... express yo self! :)

effing song in my head.. I NEEDS AN EXORCIST D:

I cant make it go away. D:

apparently exorcising ones self does not work

effing song in my head.. I NEEDS AN EXORCIST D:

I cant make it go away. D:

apparently exorcising ones self does not work

Hahahahaha! That is too funny.

The forum can't handle too many quotes per post, my guess is that's intentional so the posts don't occupy too much space... Either way, you could just do it ECC's style: copypaste whatever you are answering to, apply italics or something to it so it's noticiable the difference and start answering in the next paragraph.

I'll probably be sticking to quote tags because it's easier to see the difference between what I've quoted and my response for the reader.

Coding smart NPCs will be a pain in the butt, but If they work how the upcoming remade Dwarf Fortress towns work, it will be worth it.

I haven't read the whole thread so i have no way of knowing wether this has been mentioned yet but if there's one thing that could help with balancing the npc issue. it would be starvation!

Make these villagers be required to eat atleast once a day. make them get this food from the farms next to their village. if the player decides to be a cockass and steal their food and supplies, the villagers will starve and might die. getting the villagers to follow you and do your bidding you'd be required to first convince them to follow, possibly by paying tribute. and then to keep them from leaving you or dying you need to make sure they have enough food to survive.

So on a server if you leave them by themselves without setting up enough farming villagers to keep a steady supply of food to the rest of your village you might, when you return, find your village all devoid of life.

So for the early players, getting a 10+ village would be near impossible. in order to feed everyone he would have had to play for 1 or 2 ingames years just to load up on enough food for everyone.

The early player would be better off with maybe one, possibly two villagers.

I haven't read the whole thread so i have no way of knowing wether this has been mentioned yet but if there's one thing that could help with balancing the npc issue. it would be starvation!

Make these villagers be required to eat atleast once a day. make them get this food from the farms next to their village. if the player decides to be a cockass and steal their food and supplies, the villagers will starve and might die. getting the villagers to follow you and do your bidding you'd be required to first convince them to follow, possibly by paying tribute. and then to keep them from leaving you or dying you need to make sure they have enough food to survive.

So on a server if you leave them by themselves without setting up enough farming villagers to keep a steady supply of food to the rest of your village you might, when you return, find your village all devoid of life.

So for the early players, getting a 10+ village would be near impossible. in order to feed everyone he would have had to play for 1 or 2 ingames years just to load up on enough food for everyone.

The early player would be better off with maybe one, possibly two villagers.

Yes, this is basically what I was insinuating. They, themselves would have to eat, sleep, drink, farm, craft, etc. to survive just as much as the player does. The villages would generate in random ages, random sizes and have to do everything on there own with the help of other NPC's. The village isn't just THERE, it's a living, working system that the tribesmen have to keep alive.

In order for you to be allowed into their village, they have to trust you. For some, you have to work incredibly hard to gain their trust, and few might trust you because they are fascinated by you. Some may allow you to hire servants after they fully trust you. They will be expensive and only worth hiring if you need a lot of work done and you are very rich.

You don't control the villages at all, though. You can intervene if you want/can, but you have no say in what they do.