Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Just_Another_Guy_:)

Your gamer's obsession?

51 posts in this topic

Civilization 5? Anyone? I LOVE that game....I kinda suck at it though but still. Has anyone played any of the Civ games?

I got it with new X-COM pre-purchase, but never got around to play it. As is X-COM itself, actually.

Civilization 5? Anyone? I LOVE that game....I kinda suck at it though but still. Has anyone played any of the Civ games?

I played it in the past and I arrived to tanks and things of the 2nd world war, then I got bored.

Mildly surprised no TFC forumgoers are into KSP. I was starting to think 0.18 release was part of the reason dev slowed down a bit lately;)

I love me some KSP. Going to stream this weekend, maybe sooner, but I am not as good as you appear to be, nor have I used any mods except for the early NovaPunch pack.

Uhh, I try to play Portal about once a day and atm my time is 33 minutes.

I don't know, I played Alice Madness Returns recently. I wanted to stop, I was in physical pain because of how repetative and mind-numbing it was, but for some reason I really, REALLY wanted to beat it. I have never so un-satisfied with a game. It was like cutting off an infected arm.

good

Cheers guys, docking planes is easy mode. Have you tried it? You instantly grasp which way you need to move and the controls do exactly what you expect. On a featureless spacecraft I'm groping for orientation and taking 3-5x as long to dock if not more. Unity's fov weirdness for some aspect ratios doesn't help.

Woooow there are some people (me included) that would be happy if you teach us in the IRC how to do such things :) !!!!

Nice, very nice. Also there is an user in the IRC called Puma, and you can help him doing his spatial station, and maybe...help me too in my first munar landing :D

I'll try to stop in but no guarantees :( I don't get to hang out on irc much these days. http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePMilitaryCompany has some realy good tuts though.

I love me some KSP. Going to stream this weekend, maybe sooner, but I am not as good as you appear to be, nor have I used any mods except for the early NovaPunch pack.

Mechjeb is good for not having to go to the map to see apo/per. I haven't tried any modded parts but I'm thinking about getting the fairing pack and the shuttle bay doors.

The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Once a year I and my brother reminisce together the Link's adventure competing to see who just before the main plot. (without cheating).

Iv'e been playing Civilization since Civ III, I believe. I love those games, one of my earliest gaming experiences actually. :)

Mildly surprised no TFC forumgoers are into KSP. I was starting to think 0.18 release was part of the reason dev slowed down a bit lately;)

click for album http://imgur.com/a/KnV3H

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love KSP, but I can't get the new update due to password issues, and the recovery emails aren't coming through...

So I now have to deal with their support, which most likely won't be fun. :(

Iv'e been playing Civilization since Civ III, I believe. I love those games, one of my earliest gaming experiences actually. :)

Interesting. Have any tips for me? I can't seem to play too good past King Difficulty.

au contraire... I also love KSP. :D

Warning the following text maybe concidered ..... Nerdish If you are prone to fits of Gramma nazi or LIKEAWWMGAWD UHAF NO LIFE then plz click next page or post

These are amoung the best games I've ever played im sure im missing a few here or there I've played so many more too many tbh, I'm talking 500+. But in all honesty, I dont regret it one bit, I've learnt so many: stories romances, covictions, hardships, lore, all these differnt games have shaped me in one way or another, for better or worse i do not regret it so here's a few*

Secret of mana 1+2

Chrono Trigger

FinalFantasy2-6 + 12

Eye of the beholder 1-2-3

Dungeon hack

Black Cyrpt

The Settlers 1-4 (+ 10th anniversary)

Cannon fodder 1

Superfrog

Champions/Dark/Queen of kyrnn

Magic candle 2 the four and forty

Magic the gathering (Shandalar or something)

Zelda Most (not spirit tracks / 4 swords / Skyward sword)

Baldurs Gate1+2 Icewind-dale + exp

Dungeon siege 1+2 + expansions

Prince of Persia Warwith + two thrones + the forgotern sands

Neverwinter nights 1+2 + exp

Legend of grimrock

Unreal1+2 tournament + 2003/2004/3

Quake 2-3-4

Wolfenstein 3d

Might and magic 7 of blood and honor

Mech warrior 3 Pirates moon

Summoner

Tibia

Command and Conquer + TS + RedAlert 1+2 n a few expansions

Worms 1+2+armageddon+3D

Warcraft 3 + Vanilia Wow + expansions untill panderia

Warhammer online

Vampire the masqurade redemption + bloodlines

Populous 1+2 + the beginning

Dungeon Keeper 1+2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shoc+cs+cop

Thief dark/metal/DS

Minecraft

Terreria

The sims1-2-3 + expansions galore

Diablo 1/2

Witcher 1/2

The elderscrolls Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim

Civ1-5 + expansions and some of the splin offs e.g. civ 2 test of time

My personal favoirte is Playing Populous the begnning (on the POPre MatchMaker). Terraforming a RTS with Moba (dota-lol-hon etc) gameplay a world so that your tribe cand surive and thrive, with a great sense of immersion with silly voice overs battle sound / animations always amuse. The sheer amount of hours I put into this game is well over 2000 hours. I'm still playing it to date. It was released in 1998. These are the Golden years folks, give or take. Baldurs gate, Dungeon keeper, Thief the dark project. Age of empires System shock2, etc)

I grew up on game from Spectrum/MSDos/Amiga&Atari Iteriy era playing Gauntlet and MSDos (Typing in cmd's at like 6 years old go me !!) I'm 23 and playing these old games again makes doesn't make it feel repetative. As I didnt really understand the story back then, it was just a game a start to finnish.

Those little pockets games you used to get from McDonalds meals...I had like all but two of them...I would trade stuff for them...like yu-ghi-oh cars or something (had those too, not as fun) but yeah...I wouldn't stop playing those 'til I beat them!

i call no one a gamer until they have sit through knights of the old republic, battlefront, or a halo game :D

Interesting. Have any tips for me? I can't seem to play too good past King Difficulty.

I never said I was good at them XD

I just love 'em to death.

I never said I was good at them XD

I just love 'em to death.

It is the same for me. I really kinda suck at it, but I LOVE to play.

Right now i'm pretty bored, so i wanna download one of my favourite games and complete it... But it's very hard to make a choice D: can you help me guys?

This are the games i have to choose from:

-Abe's Oddysse/Exodus

-Theocracy

-Populous 3

-Dune2000

never heard of any of those but theocracy sounds like a medieval strategy so go with that :D

In fact it's technically more advanced than medieval (it's set in the time period right before the discovery of the new world), but at the same time less advanced (you play as the aztecs :P).

I forgot to add one game to the list... Dune 2000. Gonna add it right now.

First= Super Mario 1,2,3, world :) didnt like those strategy/board versions

System Shock 2 with hi res textures and sounds, damn i think i know every hole in there <3

Carmageddon 1,2 = i played like weeks with pause on so i could continue when waking up, Lots of coffee!!!

Granturismo 2 took its toll on my sleeps, didnt go in 3 but 4 again caught me...

Metal gear solid, finishing it under 8 hours was a beat :)

Civilizations, havent got to 5 yet :)

Quake :) didnt like the Arena thou :/ 4 was nice when modded :P

Doom, all of them... especially 3 with mods.

Spacegames all near my heart, x3, KSP, and EVE(welcome to Wiccecorp Inc.)

Fallout 1&2, still have em... still play em :) 3 and vegas are cool too :) Liked tactics too but it got boring quite quick :/

Daggerfall was timetaker too at one point, Skyrim is fun until theres nothing really to do :/

And finally stars! <--- anyone??? that rocks!!! even if its dots and small pics but still??

AngBand, Troubles of Middle Earth, Roguelikes!!!!! omg i fell on them <3

Edit=Grand theft auto series did their toll too...

Lol stars! forgot about that little niche game v few knew about, yeah i played it for awhile my bro got me into it - customisation was great and geting lucky with some planets to colonize or mine was always a gamble at least i think it was lol so long ago i was so young when i palyed it - 7-10 years old or something :P

JAG no way! Amorphous+ was the first video game I ever played! One of the early game s I played to was spore. I loved spore so much! Then I went to Roblox. I know I know, but I was obsessed with Legos. Then I went to minecraft :) I have not played many games, I've never had a gaming console, I play PC games. I only really like racing games, sandbox games, building games, and games with a cool idea like spore. I mean, evolving your own species? How friggen cool is that?!?!.

I like most any good games once I start playing them... But... I get so into the games and spend so much time on them that it scares me. I feel like if I don't choose games that are creative or good for me that I'll turn into some sort of fat, attention deficit, moody looser who spends all his spare time staring at a screen. Seriously that's how badly I get addicted to things, and not just games! I have to be careful when I get old enough to drink, alcoholism runs on my fathers side. He escaped it luckily.

I love terrafirmacraft though. It really is the perfect game for me.

Spore was awesome! I kinda suck though. I spent a lot of time making the most screwed-up looking but cool (somewhat) animal I could. But the space stage! AMAZING!

I kinda want to re download it so I can take another shot at the space stage....

I've always been a fan of SSB, my first game was melee, it was beyond fun, I remember unlocking all chars except 5.