Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

The Hades Code

128 posts in this topic

These are not correct. Be sure to use Copy-Paste for getting ASCII values. Some characters look similar, but are not.

I don't want you wandering down the wrong path because of a silly mistake like this.

Edit: Unfortunately, even with Copy-Paste, that space does not translate properly because of how HTML works. It is ASCII 160

Ok, so the space changes to 160. Is the rest correct? Because it depends on what standard you use, ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15.

Edit, Fixed it:

136 39 168 168 158 64 39 166 64 166 170 160 138 164 54 134 170 168 138

Now lets see what I can do...

Ok, so the space changes to 160. Is the rest correct? Because it depends on what standard you use, ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15...

It's 8859-1

There are more than 2 white-space characters, when you copy from the forum it doesn't give you the proper character.

Ok, so the space changes to 160. Is the rest correct? Because it depends on what standard you use, ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15.

Edit, Fixed it:

136 39 168 168 158 64 39 166 64 166 170 160 138 164 54 134 170 168 138

Now lets see what I can do...

Some of these are still incorrect. What tool are you using to convert them?

=CODE(<char>) in Excel will get you the correct conversions ;)

136 146 168 168 158 64 146 166 64 166 170 160 138 164 64 134 170 168 138

There, that's the last time I'm trying it... Typos and copying errors getting the best of it.

Edit: Solved! The "two whitespace characters" clue gave it away.

Solution:

DITTO IS SUPER CUTE

Guys, not a code, but an extra problem in math we had today. Here it is. No cheating, solve it properly, and explain the prcess you used. :) Have fun.

Posted Image

I got -1/10 by first moving the 1 to the other side, multiplying by the denominator to both sides, distributing on the left side and then moving over the whole number. I repeated this until finished. I'm sure there's a faster way to do it, though it only took me about a minute.

I got -1/10 by first moving the 1 to the other side, multiplying by the denominator to both sides, distributing on the left side and then moving over the whole number. I repeated this until finished. I'm sure there's a faster way to do it, though it only took me about a minute.

You seem REALLy confident about that....double check your answer:P

-snip, i'm retarded -__- -

What? ._.

Anyways, This wouldn't be so hard, remember what age, and therefore grade, I am in.

You watch numberphile, so you should know it is retarded to think X/X2=1/2X. That entire post was basically a wrong calculation i made based off that -_- derp

You watch numberphile, so you should know it is retarded to think X/X2=1/2X. That entire post was basically a wrong calculation i made based off that -_- derp

Ohhhhhhh....How long was it...? HAH, Anyway, GT, figured it out?

Like, a page long.

I was about to write a full complicated solution that gave me the same result, but GenuineTexan said it first -_- nice page you got there...

wat. I checked here when I was finished.

WTF? EDIT: Ohhhh......I must have miswrote the problem.....well, this is a fail for me....um......You win! You got the right answer for the one I wrote.....ummm....yeah.....I kinda forgot the right problem...all those 1x must have gotten mixed up...darn.. :P

Someone else give a cool code or problem or whatever!

Now that we have already derailed to math problems i see no reason why not to post this problem :P

i do, however, not know if this is solvable.

Here it is the little lovely thing, just find out where i went wrong with my calculations.

sc (or x) in this case is 1 and "sr" should calculate to 1,732-something,

unless i messed up the math.

which i most likely have since i get 1,999-something in "sr" myself.

sc = x

bc = sc*3

ic = (bc+1)/2

xs = (ic-1)/ic

as = arcsin(xs)*(Pi/180)

sr = cos(as)*ic

Here is what i came up with:

sc = 1

bc = 1*3 = 3

ic = (3+1)/2 = 2

xs = (2-1)/2 = 0,5

as = SIN^-1(1/2)*(Pi/180) = 0,523

sr = cos(0,523)*2 = 1,999???

EDIT: im stupid. just as i posted this i found out where i made the mistake, no need to solve :D

Ok, i'm about to go to bed now, so i'm gonna leave this problem here to see if someone solves it befroe i wake up.

Solve Goldbatch's conjeture.

Okay, no, that's way too hard :P let me think for a second...

Determine, and justify, all the pairs of integer numbers for which the following equation is true:

X2-Y4=2009

Too easy? here's another one:

You have a full jug of water, which can hold exactly one liter of liquid. You take out half of the jug's contents, and replace all the liquid lost with apple juice; then mix it up. Then, you take out a thrid of the jug's contents, and replace it, again, with apple juice; and then you mix it up again. Finally, you take a fourth of the jug's contents, and repeat the previous steps. By the end of the process, the jug is full again.

-How many liters of the original water are left in the jug?

-Let's say you continue on the process: So the next step you take out a fifth of the jug's contents, and replace it with apple juice; and the next a sixth, and then a seventh... In some point, will the all original water have been discarded? if so, how much juice will be gone along with the water?

solutions to JAG's problem

q1: 45^2-2^4=2009

q2:1/4 of a liter?... i think?....

q3a: yes (read: homeopathic dilution scale: duck liver 200c )

q3b: have no idea :blink:

Yay! Someone knows bit rotations!

Grats fellow Texan

Posted Image

solutions to JAG's problem

q1: 45^2-2^4=2009

q2:1/4 of a liter?... i think?....

q3a: yes (read: homeopathic dilution scale: duck liver 200c )

q3b: have no idea :blink:

q1:it's the only possible solution? why? that's what i asked, in short ;P

q2: and you got that result... how?

q3a: you sure 'bout that? ;P

q3b: keep trying, it's not that hard really ^_^

EDIT: just 'cause i feel like giving it, remember you are not taking ONLY water from the jug.

Ok,

JAG

q.2 1/4 of a liter. Why? Because first, you take 1/2 of the water out, or 12/24. Now the mixtures is 12 parts water, and 12 parts apple juice.1/3 of that, or 8/24 is now taken away, 4/24 of it being water, and 4/24 of it being apple juice. So far, there is now 8 parts water, and 16 parts apple juice left. A quarter of that, or 6/24, consisting of 2/24 water, and 4/24 apple juice, leaving 6/24 of the orignal water, or 1/4

q 3 NO. as it will be forever, and infinitesimally close to 0, but not zero. Like how if an arrow moves 1/2, then 1/4, then 1/8, then 1/16, then 1/32....

q3b ^^

q 3 NO. as it will be forever, and infinitesimally close to 0, but not zero. Like how if an arrow moves 1/2, then 1/4, then 1/8, then 1/16, then 1/32....

First of all, that philosophy crap about the arrow is bull (my final paper for philosophy was aimed at tearing apart a similar proposal).

Second, water is not infinitely divisible. Eventually there will only be one water molecule left, and if you continue the process, it is likely that you will remove that single water molecule. If you continue the process infinitely, it is guaranteed that you will remove that water molecule at some point in time.

However, if you step away from the theory and look at the reality, apple juice has water in it, which fucks up the whole question.

First of all, that philosophy crap about the arrow is bull (my final paper for philosophy was aimed at tearing apart a similar proposal).

Second, water is not infinitely divisible. Eventually there will only be one water molecule left, and if you continue the process, it is likely that you will remove that single water molecule. If you continue the process infinitely, it is guaranteed that you will remove that water molecule at some point in time.

However, if you step away from the theory and look at the reality, apple juice has water in it, which fucks up the whole question.

Well, I was assuming this as a MATHEMATICAL perspective, and not a realistic perspective...but I see your point. :)

But the again, the fraction removed will get so small, it won't be able to contain any water molecules. So....

Ok,

JAG

q.2 1/4 of a liter. Why? Because first, you take 1/2 of the water out, or 12/24. Now the mixtures is 12 parts water, and 12 parts apple juice.1/3 of that, or 8/24 is now taken away, 4/24 of it being water, and 4/24 of it being apple juice. So far, there is now 8 parts water, and 16 parts apple juice left. A quarter of that, or 6/24, consisting of 2/24 water, and 4/24 apple juice, leaving 6/24 of the orignal water, or 1/4

q3b ^^

Wow, it took longer than i expected :3 Well done, Kimb.

Just a lil' detail... spoilered of course

WARNING: THIS SPOILER CONTAINS THE ANSWER. DO NOT READ IF YOU STILL WANNA THINK 'BOUT IT.

Just for the record due to all this different measurament systems thing: ml=mililiter, 1000ml=1L

q.2 First time you take 1/2 a liter of water. Now there is 500 ml of water and 500 ml of juice. Second time, you take a third of what's in the jar, or 1/6 of water and 1/6 of juice ('cause that third is half and half of both things). Then, after refilling with juice, the sixth of juice is replaced so you ignore it, and the sixth of the water taken out is replaced as well; now there is 333,3... ml of water, and 666,6... ml of juice. Then, in the last step, you take a fourth of the jug's contents, OR, 1/12 of water and 2/12 of juice. Again, the juice is replaced so we don't care, but the water is again replaced; so now you have 305,5... ml of water, and 694,4... ml of juice. Or converted to liters, 0,30555... liters of water are left. I don't feel it's necesary to say that's NOT equal to 1/4.

Wow, it took longer than i expected :3 Well done, Kimb.

Just a lil' detail... spoilered of course

WARNING: THIS SPOILER CONTAINS THE ANSWER. DO NOT READ IF YOU STILL WANNA THINK 'BOUT IT.

Just for the record due to all this different measurament systems thing: ml=mililiter, 1000ml=1L

q.2 First time you take 1/2 a liter of water. Now there is 500 ml of water and 500 ml of juice. Second time, you take a third of what's in the jar, or 1/6 of water and 1/6 of juice ('cause that third is half and half of both things). Then, after refilling with juice, the sixth of juice is replaced so you ignore it, and the sixth of the water taken out is replaced as well; now there is 333,3... ml of water, and 666,6... ml of juice. Then, in the last step, you take a fourth of the jug's contents, OR, 1/12 of water and 2/12 of juice. Again, the juice is replaced so we don't care, but the water is again replaced; so now you have 305,5... ml of water, and 694,4... ml of juice. Or converted to liters, 0,30555... liters of water are left. I don't feel it's necesary to say that's NOT equal to 1/4.

I would have answered a LOT sooner, but the other dude answered, and when you said more detail, I piped in with the details.