Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
FatPoulet

[Simple] Armor Stand.

44 posts in this topic

shields require a change to combat. which from what I understand will not be done at this time.

:( Sorrily...

Hey, if I understand whats going on we will be getting those plank things soon :) soo, maybe after that combat will get a visit? :D

So yeah armor stand is definitely a must! Can't wait for the combat tweaking and shields!

Personally, I feel Armor Stands would be of tremendous use on our server. We're getting to the point where we're developing a small town, and what better way to show off an armor shop than by having several armor stands outfitted with different types of armor? It makes for good business and a bit better roleplaying. =)

While we wait for armour stands (maybe) try using picture frames to store/display your armour. Looks quite nice actually.

Simple?!?

All I freaking want is the animals update. I don't like how animals just sit there and wait for you to slaughter them. Can't wait for wild animals that are skittish and in need of domestication!

Would be cool if you could just place armor, weapons, and tools just lying on the floor or against a wall. Would be cool to walk into your castle-like house and see tons of weaponry and armor lying on the walls in a hallway.

To that point, some skulls and spider webs would do a great job making the place look abandoned and scary.

Based on my extensive knowledge of Medieval armor storge (Read: I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), I can confidently say that medival plate mail could be stood up by the sword that is paired with the armor. There were leather straps on the inside of the chestplate that could sit on a sword that was stuck into the ground (or a wood sword stand).

suggested time and time again, and we want it still :D someone code a mod for it and give it to dunk or something :3

I'd like to have amor stands. I'm posting this because I really feel it would be necessary. Not saying that next update he releases should have it, don't want to put that much pressure. But I feel it should be implemented. I think it would look cool. Or even an armor closet. which could be made by making a 1 or 2 block room and applying a special door to it.

This is a very good idea, especially as metal armour wont fit in chests and could form a conspicuous display of wealth. There aren't a lot of decorative items in TFC and this would be great.

PS And by dying leather armour you could have statues/ gargoyles on your castle.

Use item frames for now , the armor stand look you posted is a little bit overkill and i think there should be a weapon rack or the ability for armor to be placed on tool racks , also of topic : i miss the smoke of the charcoal pit .

While we wait for armour stands (maybe) try using picture frames to store/display your armour. Looks quite nice actually.

THANK you for this! Been wondering how to store armor at all up to now.

Metal armor is expensive enough that I don't want to wear it all the time, I don't want it to get destroyed from normal day-to-day stuff, like, falling 3 meters 30 times a day. I want to save that expensive thing for when going monster hunting, and usually only wear leather.

This will greatly increase the worthwhileness of armor. Ten thumbs up to you.

Use item frames for now , the armor stand look you posted is a little bit overkill

--- uh no. Armor rack is doable.. Most certainly not over kill... Give it the training dummy look. Like off of balkons mod.

Also be sure that you only can place 1 of everything.

Anyone seen the mannequins in Skyrim? I think it would be a good idea if armour stand were like the mannequins in skyrim. Then you could line your castle corridors with lots of them, just like they do IRL. It would give a feel of a sleeping army, and would look very good.

I think a stand would be good one you plan to retire a suit maybe...moving on to another. Like when, in Vanilla, people put tools or weapons into a frame so show off their first item and stuff like that.