Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xAxis27

Crafting Times

9 posts in this topic

Sure, we already have a lengthened time to craft items because of heat levels and recipes, but what if there was a crafting time to factor in, too?

For instance, using a chisel to shape blocks in a cave is so easy because you just have to right click on them. You can convert a cave into a smooth, chiseled space in less than a minute.

What if you left clicked with the chisel, and only after a few seconds the effect is applied? It would also allow for the material type to make a difference in crafting time as well as number of uses.

As for other item crafting, I am thinking of a hybrid of a vanilla crafting table and a vanilla furnace, where you add your materials and wait for a bar to fill up before it is done.

I like this.. "mine" the block either in the enrivonment or inventory to create a smooth version. If in environment then you actually have to mine it but it doesnt break, it gets put into shape. If its on a work bench then time requirement goes away but its the trade off of doing it in place and saving tool use vs doing it as a material to be used later.

OOoo. Using the same mechanic as the bow and arrows: hammer and chisels (as ammo) and you use the hammer (as long as there are chisels above this hammer which are ammo?). Or maybe the other way around: chisel takes damage but you have to have a hammer in your inventory directly above it for it to work. Then you can just carve out the stone bricks instead of getting cobble.

Not sure if that's relevant to this topic though.

Sure, we already have a lengthened time to craft items because of heat levels and recipes, but what if there was a crafting time to factor in, too?

For instance, using a chisel to shape blocks in a cave is so easy because you just have to right click on them. You can convert a cave into a smooth, chiseled space in less than a minute.

What if you left clicked with the chisel, and only after a few seconds the effect is applied? It would also allow for the material type to make a difference in crafting time as well as number of uses.

As for other item crafting, I am thinking of a hybrid of a vanilla crafting table and a vanilla furnace, where you add your materials and wait for a bar to fill up before it is done.

i like the idea, it would bring a bit of realism, but we do have already a lot of waiting with the cooling of metals and times with heating, i dont know if it would interrupt the flow of the mod. but again, its in beta, i would at least like to see it tested. and about to chisel on stone thing, it would be the same "block animation" and take time to chisel it into smooth stone. which would give it the time requirement like any tool used and the higher grade would lessen the time or w.e

OOoo. Using the same mechanic as the bow and arrows: hammer and chisels (as ammo) and you use the hammer (as long as there are chisels above this hammer which are ammo?). Or maybe the other way around: chisel takes damage but you have to have a hammer in your inventory directly above it for it to work. Then you can just carve out the stone bricks instead of getting cobble.

Idly makes me wonder if my two handed idea can not be made more global.. Chisel in one hand hammer in the other...

maybe a handheld sledge for using the chisel in the field to cut the stone? More force and doesn't confuse people as to what the hammer is for ;)

Two hands seems a lot more realistic now...

And I think crafting time shouldnt affect the heating and metallurgy, but just on crafting tables.

Two hands seems a lot more realistic now...

And I think crafting time shouldnt affect the heating and metallurgy, but just on crafting tables.

yeah, those already have that built in timer of heat... :)

Ooh! much like how that sonoma mod does it with the chisel, in which you hold right click [with the chisel selected] and the chisel draws back and chisels the block at the end of the charge up?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0