Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
fallonsky

the alpha caveman

15 posts in this topic

so i have been thinking about redstone contraptions in tfc for a while, mostly on the lack therof. and realised this. this is like the old alpha if any of us still remain where we used water, boats and pressure plates to create great things. we didnt use any of this fancy redstone but we can use it to make it better. why can't we make doors? doors don't work with redstone? so what cant we make the redstone update water that distroys a torch that brings down a stone door? people made calculators in indev with nothing but dirt sand torches and the old infin water. in the alpha we made huge water bridges that use the current of water controlled by signs to exelerate a boat and move us in any way we wanted. so why not now? its been so long that i think people forgot what contraptions you can make without redstone and even with it we can still make the old repeaters that where there before they where implemente. why not look at the old ways of how we built things in the alpha and indev and rediscover these inventions like a minecraft renisance?

viva la cavemen :D also sry for grammer as mine is awful and for the wall of text

edit: if you don't know what im talking about the boat exelerator its this exept the one i built in my days was smaller with out and boat collector and without all that redstone but still its the same consept

Why not? Because most of us don't feel like it.

I actually thought about redstoneless trap concept yesterday, for catching mammoths whenever they implemented (I understand they may never be).

And your grammar is bad indeed. Why exactly do you choose to write like this?

because i have never seen a post about it and so thought people forgot about stuff like the the eats design that we dont need complex redstone to make

Ejem... what you meen you never saw any post?

(pro tip: i linked two threads in that phrase... :3)

we don't like redstone. Thats why we slipped it behind a really obtuse way to find it.

we don't like redstone. Thats why we slipped it behind a really obtuse way to find it.

You get a shit ton if you do find it though... more than you will ever use, or even want to find a way to store.

You get a shit ton if you do find it though... more than you will ever use, or even want to find a way to store.

this is true for any mineral in TFC though.

I normally build industrial-sized storage areas in SSP, so i generally don't have that much problems in storing all that minerals :3 Now, mining it...

Ejem... what you meen you never saw any post?

(pro tip: i linked two threads in that phrase... :3)

Those posts look like they are about REDSTONE. This post is about making contraptions WITHOUT REDSTONE.

I completely forgot that there are still ways to make devices without redstone. The power of water is pretty great. Of course, anything made without redstone is going to be pretty basic, but it still opens the door to make things like transport routes possible. I really haven't tried to test anything though, so it would be cool to see if anyone has made anything technologically advanced, in terms of TFC!

Those posts look like they are about REDSTONE. This post is about making contraptions WITHOUT REDSTONE.

Oh. Fail then ._. sorry...

Maybe we could craft traps, snares and the other stuff cavemen/bushcraft people used to trap animals...

So, there's the trap (not very big and deep one). Crafted in creative.

Inside:

Posted Image

Outside and armed:

Posted Image

You just pour a bucket of water in the hole and BOOM

Posted Image

it is absolutely unclear how this is supposed to happen, how do the stones break down?

Water washes away this two levers that are holding up cobblestone, which in its turn collapses support beam. Nothing really fancy.

Posted Image