Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
B7Biscuit

Chivalry in Minecraft?

Chivalry in Minecraft?   33 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever played/seen/heard of the game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Disregarding whether or not it could be coded, would you like a combat system similar to Chivalry to be implemented into TFC?

• Abso-fricken-lutely! (High-end Positive)
    • Sure. (Low-end Positive)
    • I Don't Care (Neutral)
    • Nope. (Low-end Negative)
    • ಠ_ಠ (High-end Negative)
    • I Don't Know What This is and Will Not Give My Opinion.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Just a simple question: for those of you who know of the game Chivalry, what would you think of having a similar combat system in TFC?

Just a simple question: for those of you who know of the game Chivalry, what would you think of having a similar combat system in TFC?

Not gonna happen, any sort of serious combat overhaul has been squishidy squashed by Bioxx, sorry. :(

Although I love Chivalry's combat system, implementing in into TFC seems... difficult, at best.

(And to be clear, I totally 100% support this notion, It's just that, well, Bioxx said no :()

EDIT: Disregard my previous suggestion to officially suggest this. As dunk pointed out, it isn't worth suggesting. I wish it was, but that's the way it is, I guess.

Not gonna happen, any sort of serious combat overhaul has been squishidy squashed by Bioxx, sorry. :(

Although I love Chivalry's combat system, implementing in into TFC seems... difficult, at best.

(And to be clear, I totally 100% support this notion, It's just that, well, Bioxx said no :()

EDIT: This (if fleshed out MUCH more) should really go into the suggestion forum, It may just be simple enough (mechanics wise, chivalry's combat system is amazingly simple but well done and dynamic.) to change Bioxx's mind. IF it is even possible, and not too difficult.

as you have effectively stomped it for me, I see no reason why you would 180 yourself by saying this needs to be suggested. It doesn't.

Wow! Awesome to see so many positive votes! I was afraid I'd be getting ಠ_ಠed into oblivion :P

Dang, I was afraid of that. But it's still cool to see people supporting the idea.

EDIT: This (if fleshed out MUCH more) should really go into the suggestion forum, It may just be simple enough (mechanics wise, chivalry's combat system is amazingly simple but well done and dynamic.) to change Bioxx's mind. IF it is even possible, and not too difficult.

Well, the fleshing out would probably be best left to someone else - I tend to get carried away with stuff like this.

And even if it isn't added, there's still the possibility that somebody could make an add-on or something after the release of the full version :D

as you have effectively stomped it for me, I see no reason why you would 180 yourself by saying this needs to be suggested. It doesn't.

You really think Bioxx won't consider it? I mean, it's not as if TFC would have to completely emulate Chivalry: striking speed and timed blocking alone would be a HUGE improvement from vanilla :)

striking speed and blocking would be emulated through my Force suggestion ;P

but the problem with Chivalry is that its incredibly resource intensive, my high end pc literally chokes up trying to play it, and i do stuff like AC3 at max settings.

Well, because It is something I personally support, but I know Bioxx has stomped this. But I didn't realize how much I flip flopped there... I'll revisit that.

EDIT: Changed it to reflect Dunk's point, it sadly would be a waste of time to suggest it, no matter how much anyone wants it. :(

striking speed and blocking would be emulated through my Force suggestion ;P

but the problem with Chivalry is that its incredibly resource intensive, my high end pc literally chokes up trying to play it, and i do stuff like AC3 at max settings.

It runs perfectly fine for me...

But then again, I do Skyrim on Ultra with tons of graphical mods :P

yea thats 1 level above my capability's ::D

Would a combat overhaul be great? Sure! But to try to emulate Chivalry would be, misplaced? Chivalry combat hinges a lot on strategy; taking advantage of opponent blocks, countering on missed swings, things like that. Combat like that in TFC is taking it a little over the top. We're here to survive, not duel it out with a zombie.

I think TFC just needs a little more variety in its combat. So if we're using Chivalry as an example still, we could definitely take some of the actions you can perform and port them here. An overhead swing and a jab/stab attack like in Chivalry would be neat. But these aren't Chivalry exclusive actions, so to say that we would be emulating Chivalry would be false.

I get where you're coming from, though. Chivalry definitely has a fun combat style!

Err thing is that the combat mechanic is kinda the same... Just add a swinging time delay like you click and you swing slowly your weapon and add bucklers! Actually Id love to see bucklers added. AND armor stands.

Bioxx has told me repeatedly that minecraft just isn't the game for dynamic and advanced combat mechanics. It's staying as punch and be punched.

Not even shields? D: those on it's own could help a lot...

EDIT: the forums say someone answered to this thread when the last response is mine... -__-

The combat system does not need to be changed that drastically. It just needs a few things like shields and different damage types that are stopped at different degrees by armor and such. (Slash, crush, pierce, suffocation, & fall). Simple, easy, effective to the extreme!.

I take adventage of this discussion to propose the use of nets for hunting and fighting. You know, the ones used by gladiators... It would be the TFC equivalent to a splash potion of slowness. (I know, this goes in the suggestions forum... but fits in the topic).

So you are using the name of a famous composer as your username? What would Mastropiero think about that?

Whatever :P sounds pretty good, even though it should go into a thread in the suggestion forums... not sure it should be like a potion, though. Maybe an entity that won't let you move and you have to break, and the better the material the more hits it can take, and therefore, the more time you will be trapped?

So you are using the name of a famous composer as your username? What would Mastropiero think about that?

Whatever :P/> sounds pretty good, even though it should go into a thread in the suggestion forums... not sure it should be like a potion, though. Maybe an entity that won't let you move and you have to break, and the better the material the more hits it can take, and therefore, the more time you will be trapped?

Maybe he IS Mastropiero... DUN DUN DUN!

Nope, he wouldn't be real :

(Mastropiero is an invented character from a comedy group from here :3)

Nope, he wouldn't be real :

(Mastropiero is an invented character from a comedy group from here :3)

If he isn't real than he couldn't think much about some one using his name then, hmmm?

If he isn't real than he couldn't think much about some one using his name then, hmmm?

Murphy Law applies to him, even if he does not exist, he will be bodered.

Back into business, i meant the net should have the effect of slowness potions, not its art. I could be thrown as a Javelin, and if it collides with a mob, a Net entity spawns, and the mob is slowed by it. Now that i think about it, it could just spawn a cobweb with different art. The first approach would mean that the net is attached to the mob, and the second one would be fixed on ground.

I think the first approach makes a little more sense... Even though the second sounds easier. I don't know, that's up to the devs to figure out :P

[grammar_nazi]

BTW, it's bothered*, not bodered.

[/grammar_nazi]

Murphy Law applies to him, even if he does not exist, he will be bodered.

Back into business, i meant the net should have the effect of slowness potions, not its art. I could be thrown as a Javelin, and if it collides with a mob, a Net entity spawns, and the mob is slowed by it. Now that i think about it, it could just spawn a cobweb with different art. The first approach would mean that the net is attached to the mob, and the second one would be fixed on ground.

And Muphry's Law somewhat applies to this too. :P Ya know, the whole bodered/bothered thing.. :D

And Muphry's Law somewhat applies to this too. :P Ya know, the whole bodered/bothered thing.. :D

I can be very inspired, or very rigorous, but not both at the same time, while writing in a foreign languaje... even if i consider my self a grammar nazi...