Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Llywylln

[b71] Crash: Null Pointer->WorldGenTFC->CreatingOreVein

16 posts in this topic

In playing a new world, i've had several crashes with b71. It happens during chunk generation. It didn't crash the original game gen, but numberous times during the first few minutes of play and then again when I tried to explore outside of my home area.

Crash Report:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.BODgenerateVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:210)

at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.BetterOreDistributionVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:109)

at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.generateVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:393)

at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.createOreVein(WorldGenOre.java:215)

at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.generate(WorldGenOre.java:58)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:82)

at im.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:243)

at zs.a(Chunk.java:1234)

at im.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:137)

at im.d(ChunkProviderServer.java:150)

at xv.e(World.java:496)

at il.sendThisChunkToPlayer(PlayerInstance.java:75)

at il.b(PlayerInstance.java:66)

at ik.d(PlayerManager.java:342)

at gm.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:190)

at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:356)

at net.smart.moving.playerapi.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:21)

at ec.a(SourceFile:136)

at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:79)

at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:82)

at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:55)

at bdr.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:111)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:696)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:592)

at bdo.q(IntegratedServer.java:158)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:499)

at fy.run(SourceFile:856)

Now that I see b72 is up, i'll update now.

-Llywylln

What Optifine were you using?

You're most likely using the wrong version of Forge. Try 6.4.0.395.

Optifine U_D4 I believe and as for forge, 6.4.1.435 and since 430 is the recommended build, I doubt that is the issue. Unless you're saying that TFC is still being build on older versions of Forge and that's why it's crashing? I would have thought that with the way this mod gets updates that it would be coding against the latest recommended Forge releases.

-Llywylln

FYI: The oldest version of 6.4.1 available from Forge currently is 430. I still have 397 and 402 but I never downloaded 395

The whole selection of forge versions available for download one click away from TFC download page. And there won't be specific statement to use particular version of Forge if not for preventing unintended issues.

Optifine U_D4 I believe...

Yep, thought so, something in D4 was bugged. Use D3 or D5, haven't tested D7 yet. I test all my mods, one-by-one, after a reoccurring crash like this one, so I'm 100% sure that it's *probably* D4.

Also, "(Built using Forge x.x.x.x)" doesn't mean, "Use this and only this version." It means, "Don't use versions before this because certain features probably won't be there; but newer versions are ok because the features used in x.x.x.x are still going to be there in the newer ones. Though take note, there is an extremely small chance, like one grain of sand from all the beaches in the world small, they (Forge) will have rewritten or removed a feature we (TFC) used and will crash the game, but again, extremely small chance, to the point where it has never happened and never will."

I used latest forge once, got invincible mobs that sink in blocks. So you can tell whatever you want about "probable but won't happen ever" (the very sentence makes my brain wonder do you really know what probabilities are), but I will always advise to use the exact same version TFC was built on.

Use D3 or D5...

Oops messed up here. D3 is the last version you can use without this crash. I forgot I generated my world differently when I tried D5, so the crash didn't have a chance to present itself. Still not Forge's fault.

So, it's Optifine D4 that causes game to crush when ore vein generated. Don't you feel it's not really connected pieces of code?

So, it's Optifine D4 that causes game to crush when ore vein generated. Don't you feel it's not really connected pieces of code?

Yes, D4, D5 and D7 are a problem only when generating new chunks. In already generated chunks, they'll do exactly what they are supposed to do and not crash. Previous chunks good, new chunks bad.

Can't be sure what you're trying to say in the second sentence.

Well then. I suspected that optifine have memory leaks somewhere, looks like I was right to stop using it for some time.

So you are suggesting I roll back Forge and Optifine to prevent this crash?

I just downloaded Optifine D7 which says its 445 compatible. so why isn't TFC 445 compatible? It just seems so odd that updating forge would cause so much touble unless it's because forge is supporting unreleased MC versions, which thaty are want to do from time to time...

-Llywylln

Tested and confirmed.

Versions of optifine after D3 cause the latest build (72) of TFC to memory leak hard.

Versions of forge make no noticable diffrence.

Tested and confirmed.

Versions of optifine after D3 cause the latest build (72) of TFC to memory leak hard.

Versions of forge make no noticable diffrence.

Walk me through this.

My server is having this issue.

The server is not running optifine.

Does this bug mean that any player that has the wrong optifine will crash the server when generating new chunks?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

no idea, I'd recommend just putting it out there that for now the newer versions of optifine + TFC is a no no.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0