Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Exanadu

Idea for new the awesome new chisel setting you added!

74 posts in this topic

Dude, dunk said no. Drop it.

last i checked this was a suggestion forum for ideas. if you have a problem with it go troll somewhere else

Look Ex, you're clearly new here. I understand that you can't understand all the rules right away so I'm gonna be patient with you.

When a game dev says that a feature is not going it implemented, you don't argue with them. Maybe one post to clarify again, but if he says no twice than you DEFINETLY drop it.

By the way, don't tell me to go troll some where else. I'm one of the oldest active members on this forum, I have earned my position.

Considering bioxx said he is looking into something like this on IRC i beg to differ. and just because i have very few posts on this forum doesn't mean im not an active member of the minecraft/irc community.

Considering bioxx said he is looking into something like this on IRC i beg to differ. and just because i have very few posts on this forum doesn't mean im not an active member of the minecraft/irc community.

Sorry, I don't go on the IRC, and I didn't know Bioxx said that. Dunk must not have talked to Bioxx before he said that. Hey, not trying to insult you, but it was a logical assumption.

its ok. I only posted this suggestion here because of how much I do love the new chisel mode. I only want to see other peoples opinions to see if they are facing the same problems i'm having to see if we can make it better and come up with balanced ideas. That way if he does implement something like this he can look at this and agree/disagree with certain aspects of our suggestions.

By the way, don't tell me to go troll some where else. I'm one of the oldest active members on this forum, I have earned my position.

... You really shouldn't be thinking that... You don't earn any position from posting a lot, you earn it from your behaviour and knowledge. It's a community after all, not a sect...

On topic... it may be useful, i guess. Don't really like it that much, but it's not like something that would be forced on me, as i only use the chisel for ladders, personally. If Bioxx said yes, then so be it.

... You really shouldn't be thinking that... You don't earn any position from posting a lot, you earn it from your behaviour and knowledge. It's a community after all, not a sect...

On topic... it may be useful, i guess. Don't really like it that much, but it'snot like something that would be forced on me, as i only use the chisel for ladders, personally. If Bioxx said yes, then so be it.

Does that mean you don't like my behavior and knowledge? *sad face*

Besides there is plenty of younger community members that have far more posts than me, I don't have many (points towards wolf and Kimble)

I thought I had a reputation of contributing positive, thoughtfull and intelligent posts but I guess not...

#rejectionhurts

Never said that... but yeah, you could try not to get too proud 'bout it. It's not like you killed a dra- *thinks of Eternal* err, i meant a hy- *thinks of himself* Ehhh, i meant an evil spaghe- *thinks of Noodles*... SOME BIG BAD THING! -__-

Never said that... but yeah, you could try not to get too proud 'bout it. It's not like you killed a dra- *thinks of Eternal* err, i meant a hy- *thinks of himself* Ehhh, i meant an evil spaghe- *thinks of Noodles*... SOME BIG BAD THING! -__-

Don't worry, eternal is dead *crosses finger he'll come in with a grumpy "NO I'M NOT!"*

I wasn't trying to stick it in anyone's face like "look at me, I'm better than you because I've been here longer". I was just saying not to tell me to troll some where else when A: I'm not trolling, and B: I ain't goin' nowhere when I've been here for so long. But yes I am proud of my role in this forums. If you legititetly think I am not a high quality poster than tell me what I need to do better...

Sure I don't make Jed tier suggestions or discuss with the equence of Eternal or have the knowledge of Leo, but I do pride myself in being "that friendly helpful guy". Amiwrong?

Nope. You are pretty good both as a poster and as "that firendly helpful guy", even though you can do better :3

Nope. You are pretty good both as a poster and as "that firendly helpful guy", even though you can do better :3

Cool, I will do better then. :)

Shit it's 11?? Ugh, I should have gone to bed two hours ago. Night everyone.

... ._. you go to bed at 11:00...? really...?

...contributing positive, thoughtfull and intelligent posts...

So that's what these past seven posts by you and JAG are.

Nope, that's derail. I guess Crysyn will have to give us those warn points... :

Actually I go to bed at 9:30. I have to get up at 6-7 the next morning and I don't function with out ATLEAST 9 hours of sleep. Why, what are you're sleeping points?

Bio, those posts were making sure that I was/will making those posts helpful. Besides, this thread is dead as far as I can see :P

nobody is asking for a free lunch. the idea of building something massive with 512 micro blocks is just nearly impossible. Combine that with the fact that something is bound to screw up your map in a future update and you don't really feel like spending real life months doing something that could have created in weeks instead. It's still your work and you created each micro design. just seems pointless to replicate the same design. especially when you only need 1 tiny 512 bit meaning you need to chisel 511 bits away to get to that 1 bit. you need to look at it from a realistic time approach which measures time vs fun.

You can still use the slab function to get one bit.

I don't like this idea. TFC is supposed to be time consuming. If we add this, then why don't we add builders and all that other stupid tekkit stuff?

If something is very detailed, then it will take a long time to make, it is supposed too. If you want to look at things this way, you should start with a full set of blue and red steel tools, because getting them takes too long.

Time traveling time!

Just because your posts are 25 minutes apart and not related thoughts doesn't mean you can double post! Please use quotes to designate who you are talking to and to separate your ideas, that's how it works here, we like to keep things neat and organized so these suggestion threads are easy to read. So please, be kind and don't double post. :D

Now, It seems there is a conundrum here, Bioxx said a tenative yes, and Dunk said a firm no. This could mean they talked and decided that it would not be happening, or that they are on different wavelengths. In any case, when a dev says no, don't argue and make a stink. If Bioxx comes in and says something else then great, but generally the IRC isn't the place that is considered canon, the forums are. So for now go by what dunk said, unless Bioxx comes here and says something different.

Bringing up a post from 2 days ago isn't really helpful now is it.

Ex, quit being a grump! That post wasn't useful either now was it? C'mon, be friendly.

I am the only one trying to keep this on topic. Not one of my post was grumpy or hateful nor was I making a stink.

Actually I go to bed at 9:30. I have to get up at 6-7 the next morning and I don't function with out ATLEAST 9 hours of sleep. Why, what are you're sleeping points?

Bio, those posts were making sure that I was/will making those posts helpful. Besides, this thread is dead as far as I can see :P

.__. 9:30... so early... if i REALLY need to be active in the morning, i go to sleep at 11:00, but most of the times you will find me awake at 4:00 am. I either sleep like an hibernating bear for around 12 hours*, or don't sleep at all...

*This isn't exagerated. I have slept at most 13 hours. And i do act like an angry bear** when someone forces me to wake up.

**Yes, angry BEAR, not bird -__- i'm NOT ever making a pun 'bout that game...

EDIT:

I am the only one trying to keep this on topic. Not one of my post was grumpy or hateful nor was I making a stink.

Well, it's both an stomped and confirmed idea. Both things make a thread go quiet when on their own, but as this was both things at the same time... well, the only thing we really can do is wait for Bioxx (or dunk) to clear out what happened to this. If it's confirmed, Bioxx will probably already have his own idea for this, and then it's unlikely he will take more suggestions; if it's stomped, then that's it.

.__. 9:30... so early... if i REALLY need to be active in the morning, i go to sleep at 11:00, but most of the times you will find me awake at 4:00 am. I either sleep like an hibernating bear for around 12 hours*, or don't sleep at all...

*This isn't exagerated. I have slept at most 13 hours. And i do act like an angry bear** when someone forces me to wake up.

**Yes, angry BEAR, not bird -__- i'm NOT ever making a pun 'bout that game...

EDIT:

Well, it's both an stomped and confirmed idea. Both things make a thread go quiet when on their own, but as this was both things at the same time... well, the only thing we really can do is wait for Bioxx (or dunk) to clear out what happened to this. If it's confirmed, Bioxx will probably already have his own idea for this, and then it's unlikely he will take more suggestions; if it's stomped, then that's it.

I do way to much menial labor during the day to go to bed that late. * shudders*

bioxx, to interpret the quote, would be saying 'thats an idea similar to what we are discussing already, Dont worry bout it' or 'im busy, heres something to shut you up'

Not sure which. Dunk on the other hand hasnt quite said no either. From what I see, its a no about how this topic's method is, which honestly is a bit OP for any server which wants to maintain a monetary based Economy (moving away from pure barter and trade)

so, what ARE they saying? Bioxx: 'I have an idea how I might do this already' Dunk: 'I'm not sure about this, best to err on a no for now'

bare in mind that this is an interpretation based on prior info. also note the 'Might' that is a biiig word to learn.

Bringing up a post from 2 days ago isn't really helpful now is it.

It's all wibbly wobbly, timey wimey!

But really, just letting you know that double posts really aren't something we like, no hostility intended. It's awesome when people are friendly towards each other, especially on the internet, please try to keep that in mind here, and everyone will be happy. :D