Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Blade Avuari

12/14/12 So... My school just got locked down... Anyone got this news out of CT?

38 posts in this topic

Look without violence no one would want these games, that is just the cold hard facts. Now you wonder if these games cause shootings? Most certainly not, this guy had a personality disorder and was known to be a complete social recluse. He didn't talk ever, had few friends, and apparently even avoided on occasion getting his face in the yearbook. He had high tension with his mother apparently who was very hopefully for him. His mother was shot first then he stole her weapons and a bullet proof jacket. This guy was just messed up you can't blame entertainment for that. This guy should have had counselling that is what could have prevented this.

Same deal with gun laws more restrictions won't help just look at the school stabbing in China, it is the same kind of thing. He stole these guns, we have no way of preventing access to weapons(black market, theft, kitchen tools, anything can kill he could have used a fork and probably had about the same effect). Although releasing restrictions won't help much either. Simply put the only way to prevent things like this is psychology exams.

Really BsB? You think the world would be lacking something without these games? What are these games giving us?

I still think its wrong to make slaughtering people into a game...

Edit: BsB, exactly, the thing in china. Not a single one of the victims died. The shooting? They all died. Guns that are not specifically desghinged for hunting serve no other purpose than to kill people. 115,000 Americans are killed by other Americans with guns every year. Comparing a knife to a gun is silly!

treyflix, it provides many others from venting their emotions on a game or amusing themselves instead of going out and beating people up when they're angry.

its moronic to suggest video games make people do stuff like this, theres no game showing how to get a gun or when's the best time to start a shooting or how a building looks like so you can maneuver easily.

that said, people with disorders should indeed stay away from it because it might REINFORCE (not make) their feelings of animosity towards anything in particular.

still, lay off of gaming, 99% of all cases around the globe are not instigated by gaming, but through disorders or general fucked up mind.

but it seems like both politicians and some humans seem to go all: ERMAHGERD, HE PLAYED GAMES SO GAMES = EVIL instead of looking at ANY different cause.

its like a detective walking onto a murder scene, seeing 1 bloody pen and be: ok guys, he's murdered with a pen and since the pen belongs to *insert name* he's guilty.

you cant do that

The problem lies more in news than in video games. The idiots know that if they kill a bunch of people, then suicide, they get on television. While video games might make 1 or 2 people join gangs (and these people probably would have, eventually, anyways), it doesn't make someone go nuts and kill people. They obviously have something wrong in their head.

The best way to fix it is either to get rid of all guns, or to give everyone a gun, and let them have it everywhere. While it may not apply at the schools, think of the mall shootings. No one there had a gun because of the no guns in the mall rule, except for the shooter. Do they think a crazy suicidal murder is going to care if they aren't allowed to have a gun? They might care, though, if when they start shooting, everyone else shoots them.

If you want a violent game, get Overgrowth. My girlfriend said this game scares her with its violence, and I quite agree with her, although I'm totally fine with violence in all and in this game. What's funny is that this game have no humans at all.

I'd much rather a person spend their time killing people in a video game than using those same urges on actual people. A person mentally derailed enough to shoot others at random will do so without needing input from a video game. The larger problem is that people migrate from sad to angry, usually wanting for attention, and know they will get attention by hurting others. Start a policy where violent criminals are stricken from history altogether and you might take that away from them, rather than plastering them on every television set for weeks or months to immortalize them in everyone's mind.

Really BsB? You think the world would be lacking something without these games? What are these games giving us?

I still think its wrong to make slaughtering people into a game...

Edit: BsB, exactly, the thing in china. Not a single one of the victims died. The shooting? They all died. Guns that are not specifically desghinged for hunting serve no other purpose than to kill people. 115,000 Americans are killed by other Americans with guns every year. Comparing a knife to a gun is silly!

We are talking about a deranged lunatic what do you think his thought process on this one was "well these guys on the tv kill people maybe I should too." No, no, no no one thinks like that, no one not even the mentally insane. He killed for real life reasons involving his mother not because he played video games. Our world is thrill seeking, we are a people of curiosity, hope, and fear, the games serve as entertainment and entertainment only. Or haven't you noticed, we are on a site about a game which involves and in fact encourages killing and although it isn't a main feature it is still there.

As for gun rights it is the same problem, a madman shot that gun it did not shoot itself. Without guns being legal he can still kill just as easily not to mention a black market for guns that already exists. If anything loss of rights would make my life far more dangerous, now not only do the bad guys have all the guns but now I can't efficiently protect myself.

On any other website, this thread would be locked by now due to derail, but since the admins for the TFC forum are so awesome, it hasn't been.

its not derailed, yet, its still about the topic of gun law, which is directly related to the topic of the shooting

As for gun rights it is the same problem, a madman shot that gun it did not shoot itself. Without guns being legal he can still kill just as easily not to mention a black market for guns that already exists. If anything loss of rights would make my life far more dangerous, now not only do the bad guys have all the guns but now I can't efficiently protect myself.

Of course the gun didn't shoot itself. However, without a gun, how many less people do you think the the insane guy could have shot.

Also, with the "Bad guys", how many bad guys have you had to protect yourself from lately? Obviously you need to make sure NOBODY has a gun if you get rid of them, but that is a ridiculous reason.

this is why i dislike american gun law, if you guys acted like the netherlands, 90% of the incidents wouldnt have happened

please leave foreign policy out of the forums, it is racial and inappropriate for forum discussion, we should all turn our hearts towards more importent things like giving our support and love to those families who suffered dearly, and heart to heart i will admit i cried a little watching the news about it and it sickens me. but as a husband and future father i have the right to cry about this.

*sniffle sniffle* :unsure: