Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
lorbog

Moving chiseled blocks

19 posts in this topic

I would like the ability to move chiseled blocks. By this i don't mean the copy/paste feature mentioned in a previous topic, but the ability to take a block I've already chiseled and to move it somewhere else. Maybe you would have to actually physically drag it rather than to just pop it in your inventory, and maybe you could load in into a horse cart (once they're added) for long distance transport. This would allow for a whole new trade in smp, a mason who could carve out statues and sell them to people all across the server.

+1(bumping is better then liking)

Huzzah for chair carting! :D

+1

I thought about that too when carving my first statue. Would be a lot easier if I could place carved pieces on top of another instead of doing them all together.

+1

But statues are two blocks at least. Maybe we could use weight system? All blocks can be broken down to collection if 1/512 cubic pieces. Let's make it so you calculate weight of statue (using some kind of tool) and if weight is low enough, you can take the whole thing on your cart and then place it wherever you want (but within a certain distance from cart to prevent exploits).

I won't suggest moving every single block that way, because it's ridiculous, but moving statues llike that could be neat. What do you think?

I was thinking more in a way that you can just put a chiseled block into your inventory, and it would take up one entire slot.

We aren't talking only about statues. 'Face' carving consisting of one chiseled block are pretty cool too.

I was thinking more in a way that you can just put a chiseled block into your inventory, and it would take up one entire slot.

We aren't talking only about statues. 'Face' carving consisting of one chiseled block are pretty cool too.

If you put a chiseled block in your inventory, wouldn't that mean you would have to have 512 different metadata blocks for each stone type? And there being 3 *types* of stone (raw, brick and smooth) That would make 1536 for each stone layer. And then, there are 23 stone layers, making 35,328 different metadata blocks.....?

There is probably a much simpler way to do this, but that is the problem I see with putting it in your inventory...

Posted Image

Holy SHIT I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING! What if you could get a ended an to pick up your chiseled block for you? (Not a suggestion lol) I know it's not much use but it would be pretty cool!

Posted Image

Now I have the same image from Spongebob stuck in my head.

I didn't say that you only supposed to move detailed crafts in carts, staircases are fine too. It's not like they couldn't be done in detailed mode anyway, so let's say stair block weight is equial to weight of statue block with 128 cuboids carved away, and get it over with for all the good that sprung from Universe in that big of asplosion happened while back when there was no light or gravity anywhere for men to see, considering the fact there also was no men to begin with and speak of.

But statues are two blocks at least. Maybe we could use weight system? All blocks can be broken down to collection if 1/512 cubic pieces. Let's make it so you calculate weight of statue (using some kind of tool) and if weight is low enough, you can take the whole thing on your cart and then place it wherever you want (but within a certain distance from cart to prevent exploits).

I won't suggest moving every single block that way, because it's ridiculous, but moving statues like that could be neat. What do you think?

I was thinking that you'd only be able to move 1 or maybe 2 chiseled blocks at a time and be able to load about 4 blocks into the cart depending on the strength of the horse.

Why not make a new tool that functions similar to how ice tongs used to, you pick up a single block with it, and while the block is being carried by the tool you can't switch out from the tool or the block drops. Provides a means of moving custom blocks, though at the cost of time and effort.

I think that this is also an impossible feature to code in Minecraft's current codebase

I think that this is also an impossible feature to code in Minecraft's current codebase

No it isn't, the gravity gun mod and the portal gun mod both let you move blocks in a similar fashion.

But do they drop as items?

I didn't mean causing them to drop as items i mean that you physically have to move them like in the Portal Gun/Gravity Gun mod. but it would actually slow you down a considerable amount.