Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Mastropiero

Localization

57 posts in this topic

I noticed this mod does not support language switching, which is a nice feature for those who don't speak English. I know it is a low priority concern, but i would be glad to help implementing it, and providing at least Spanish localization. I know i am a total stranger from the internet, but i think i could help this project not only with ideas, but with work.

If that's the case, i could help with translating to spanish as well :P i got too many free time, anyways...

I could help translating to spanish too, XD Spanish FTW

fair enough we could translate, i could even assist in making a dutch translation :D

I could do Swedish, if no one else picks it up, and if there is any interest.

I could do an awesome Italian transtalion, my Sirs. I am pretty good in these things :3

Yeah, I'm a cat too now :3

I could do Swedish, if no one else picks it up, and if there is any interest.

I could also help with swedish.

I can help out too. Thing is - we can't possibly translate to all other languages that are present. The other thing is - official wiki is on English anyway, and translation will bring confusion.

That is not a problem, as languaje files can be added one by one. Regarding the wiki, all wikis have the same problem... In game trandlation should run parallel to wiki translation, but only at a later development stage, when stuff is less likely to change.

It's already hard to keep the wiki up to date when we only have one language, can you imagine what kind of mess it would be if we try and mantain it in other languages as well? Mastropiero is right, let's leave the wiki for the aftermath 'till we get out of beta.

Aaarrrgg ye matey. I could turn ye landlubber speak into pirate.

get on that guys. I'll talk to bioxx about maybe working something out..?

Great idea

I could help in German

imho...there should be a tutorial or a wiki page on how to do this the right way,

and only one person should be responsible for one language, receiving help from the community.

He's responsibility is to keep everything up-to-date and to coordinate everything that needs to be done.

Then, i think, everything should go smoothly.

I would be glad to help too.

you know, in the case of the wiki, just google translate the text, hold it next to the original one, and retype any mistakes google made, it'd save for half the work i guess (depending on googles power in your language :S)

in spanish, google tr. usually sucks a lot. I don't use it for phrases anymore, just for words.

In spanish we use the prepositions, verbs, nouns, etc. in a different manner from english, so it's hard for google's translator to make an accurate work. That, along with the fact it hardly recognises variations in the words that change the meaning (can't tell the difference between "estar" and "estaba"), make for a pretty crappy PHRASAL translator. I don't think it was ever intended to be a phrasal translator, or at least not at this point of it's development.

I'm trying to learn some Spanish (hobby wise...nothing intense), and am having a very hard time understanding prepositions.

I speak 3 languages, and none of them are like Spanish.

Maybe that's why its so interesting to me :)

well hence the reason im not doing spanish but dutch :3

Google translate usually works decently with swedish - while it doesn't produce a good-looking text, it more often than not gets the point across.

well like i said, if it manages a decent enough text, the poster can edit it up to make it good looking ;D it'd save half your time wasted on translating the obvious bits

i could help in danish/german and also partly swedish....bokmål is not my strongpoint...

dukejuke, we don't even normally use the word "bokmål", we say "skriftspråk". It's the norweigans that talk about bokmål I think.

dukejuke, we don't even normally use the word "bokmål", we say "skriftspråk". It's the norweigans that talk about bokmål I think.

that quite literally sums up why i am not that good at swedish.

also, on an unrelated sidenote. Google translate finds that the phrase "undskyld mange gange" translates to "Ledsen en hel del promenader"....??

In spanish we use the prepositions, verbs, nouns, etc. in a different manner from english, so it's hard for google's translator to make an accurate work. That, along with the fact it hardly recognises variations in the words that change the meaning (can't tell the difference between "estar" and "estaba"), make for a pretty crappy PHRASAL translator. I don't think it was ever intended to be a phrasal translator, or at least not at this point of it's development.

The Italian is the same thing, because it's a Latin language and you can guess how much hard is learning it :). It has a lot of exceptions and a lot of other small things that can ruin a whole phrase. It's like programming with a veery difficult language, but the other person can understand even if there are some errors. Luckily.