Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
XelNigma

I need Dynamite!

43 posts in this topic

Is TnT disabled, the recipe changed or does it just not work with all sand types yet?

I really need it to blow the crap out of this area that has traces of some ore.

For what i have tried, it doesnt work.

*ba dum, tsss*

Now seriously... it just doesn't work with any kind of TFC sand : sorrily. Love using TNT to mine...

bah, thanks.

its hard for me to ignore digging out some ore once I detect it, but I think its best if I do.

what i do is really just cheat some tnt in with NEI. exchange it for the appropriate amount of sand and gunpowder.

as we all know though. creepers are going away. completely i believe! so soon enough you wont be able to get gunpowder the regular way and i don't know what bioxx is planning for that. perhaps the actual recipe for gunpowder., if you want to play your way with tnt, NEI is your friend along with some balancing rules.

what i do is really just cheat some tnt in with NEI. exchange it for the appropriate amount of sand and gunpowder.

as we all know though. creepers are going away. completely i believe! so soon enough you wont be able to get gunpowder the regular way and i don't know what bioxx is planning for that. perhaps the actual recipe for gunpowder., if you want to play your way with tnt, NEI is your friend along with some balancing rules.

Sulphur and Coal and Salpeter should be added in that case. Also, saltpeter+sugar = smoke bomb *wink* *wink*

We already have all of those. All of them ._. . That f+cking saltpeter won't let me find my copper... -___-"

Sulphur and Coal and Salpeter should be added in that case. Also, saltpeter+sugar = smoke bomb *wink* *wink*

it all depends on wether bioxx wants to add a tfc version of tnt. i don't see why not but it's his call. if he do then sulphur, salpeter and coal/charcoal would be the obvious way to go. would make it really hard to come by at an early stage too! but for now, gather up on gunpowder and sand and exchange it for tnt.

Hmm if I was to cheat some in I'm going to have to use a really balanced and TFcraft feel exchange.

I'm thinking something like 2 gun powders, 2 papers and a string to craft a Stick of TNT, And you need 4 sticks to craft the TnT block.

So for me to cheat in a tnt block I would want to exchange 8 gunpowder, 8 paper and 4 strings.

My thinking is Bioxx would probably have us craft each stick then tie them together.

I dont know much about this kind of thing irl so if any one has a better, more realistic recipe for this I would gladly use it for my cheat exchange.

Also, where does sand come into play in this? I dont get why the van tnt has you use sand.

In real life, black powder is made with saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal/coal, so I would go with that. But also, in real life, TNT isn't even made with gunpowder, it is nitroglycerin.

nitroglycerine is made from soap so yea :D they had soaproots in the prehistorics, they should have em in TFC era :D

In real life, black powder is made with saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal/coal, so I would go with that. But also, in real life, TNT isn't even made with gunpowder, it is nitroglycerin.

to make actual tnt would thus require chemistry.

simple solution to make you feel better would be to just retexture tnt into a barrel of gunpowder and ignore its name.

nitroglycerine is made from soap so yea :D they had soaproots in the prehistorics, they should have em in TFC era :D

I don't know where you got that from but i can asure you that making nitroglycerine wouldn't just be to dig up some root, cook it and have nitroglycerine pour out like water. it requires some pretty high tech chemistry equipment and resources to make it. high tech as in, not prehistorically.

I still don't know what Bioxx thinks of the gunpowder so we might just be blabbing on about something that will never be implemented.

But here's my input.

Forget about nitroglycerine. forget about TNT. Those are things that belongs to the 19th century.

IF explosives make a comeback it should be the saltpeter, sulphur and charcoal combination to make gunpowder.

If that does happen, then we can start talking about making powderkegs and gunpowderbombs (think Zelda)

really i think that we should have some kind of tnt :/ its really good for mining holes expressly in this mod. to mine a 3 by 3 by 3 cube takes a lot longer then if you had tnt jest mine 2 blocks to the middle, place and boom.

also nitroglycerin is really damn unstable as far as i know. you drop that and you are splattered in bits around the hole you jest made o.o

really i think that we should have some kind of tnt :/ its really good for mining holes expressly in this mod. to mine a 3 by 3 by 3 cube takes a lot longer then if you had tnt jest mine 2 blocks to the middle, place and boom.

also nitroglycerin is really damn unstable as far as i know. you drop that and you are splattered in bits around the hole you jest made o.o

as i mentioned. Tnt? no. gunpowder? yes.

for to be really usefull as an explosive you'd need a lot of materials that aren't exactly easy to come by.

replace the tnt block with a powderkeg, or a bomb made out of metal.

all to make explosives something reeeally exotic and special!

Gunpowder grenades were used at the late middle ages, mainly in Russia and previously, oil was used in clay bottles as incendiary bombs. Ancient greeks had some sort of napalm, the recipe was lost tho.

This may be arguing semantics... But TNT =/= dynamite in any form.

TNT is a crystalline yellow-orange solid you get from nitrating toluene with concentrated nitric and sulfuric acids, often exploding with a sooty appearance due to more carbon than oxygen.

Dynamite however is created with nitroglycerin, made from nitrating... glycerin! It gives you an oily, highly unstable fluid that has a powerful explosion. This liquid is then mixed with sawdust to stabilize it and wrapped in paper to give you dynamite.

And considering all of this is made with gunpowder... this isn't even possible as neither explosive compound contains sulfur, which gunpowder does. So really all of our explosives would be powder kegs and jars and such. If we wanted to get in to these high explosives we would need crude oil, a possible way to refine it, and then a way to get nitric acid to nitrate it in to an explosive compound.

Imagine this: after mixing the sulphur, coal and saltpeter (1-1-4 mixture ?) you can create an explosive barrel, recipe would be the same as a chest with gunpowder in the middle. When placed, it should behave the same as vanilla tnt EXCEPT it will explode instantly when ignited. In order to survive the explosion (if that is how you roll), one should place some fuse, just like you can place string on the floor in vanilla, and light it from a safe distance.

*insert picture of an Age of Empires II savoteaur*

He asked for dynamite, not TNT ;P as someone mentioned before, they aren't the same thing.

EDIT:

*insert picture of an Age of Empires II savoteaur*

*insert here nostalgic memories of savoteaurs rushes for later invasion*

EDIT:

*insert here nostalgic memories of savoteaurs rushes for later invasion*

those fucking saboteurs. and those fucking trebuchets.

anyway. i'd really like to hear bioxx opinion on this. if he plans to make something explosive or drop it all together.

or if he even have any plans for it yet.

... Wasn't there a thread in the suggestions subforum 'bout explosives, that Bioxx replied to? o.o...

... Wasn't there a thread in the suggestions subforum 'bout explosives, that Bioxx replied to? o.o...

well i can't find that specific thread but i found one in which dunk spilled some beans.

I don't know where you got that from but i can asure you that making nitroglycerine wouldn't just be to dig up some root, cook it and have nitroglycerine pour out like water. it requires some pretty high tech chemistry equipment and resources to make it. high tech as in, not prehistorically.

I still don't know what Bioxx thinks of the gunpowder so we might just be blabbing on about something that will never be implemented.

But here's my input.

Forget about nitroglycerine. forget about TNT. Those are things that belongs to the 19th century.

IF explosives make a comeback it should be the saltpeter, sulphur and charcoal combination to make gunpowder.

If that does happen, then we can start talking about making powderkegs and gunpowderbombs (think Zelda)

i didnt say they had nitroglycerine, i argumented that soap existed even back then. but the version of nitroglycerine wasnt made until beyond our time period :D

How about you can mix sulphur and saltpetre and whatever else you guys like to put in your gunpowder, and then put it on the floor like redstone. A firestarter, and you have a string of small explosions, doing very little block damage, but still hurts. Take some paper and put the gunpowder in it and you have a small explosive, doing a little block damage, and mix them together and you have a much bigger boom.

I love how tnt works in tfc, cobble blocks fly everywhere.