Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treyflix

Mining explosives and powder bombs?

7 posts in this topic

I'm hesitant to make this as its not a fully thought out suggestion but we has saltpeter, sulphur and coal... That's the recipe for gunpowder!

Now I'm not saying we should have guns cause we don't, but gun powder was used for explosives to lol. Basically just replace TNT except you need to place string as a fuse. If you light it directly it just blows up in your face.

It would be pretty balanced cause it would require two minerals, and iron for the flint and steel....

This would work great but im curious, was there any explosives used for mining that could be acheived in TFC's time period?

And to the devs: how do you feel about adding a explosive to TFC now that TNT is uncraftable?

Um... yeah, this has been talked about a lot. I think Dunk has even stopped by to talk about the possibility of gunpowder as a TNT block substitute in the future on a couple of occasions. They have these three minerals in the game for a reason...

Um... yeah, this has been talked about a lot. I think Dunk has even stopped by to talk about the possibility of gunpowder as a TNT block substitute in the future on a couple of occasions. They have these three minerals in the game for a reason...

If this was added, I can just imagine Hitting a sulphur vein and laughing manically for a few minutes. :D

But seriously, having some explosives for mining would be really really nice. Especially ones balanced for TFC'S blocks. And one with a collecting method that isn't moronic. Go forth and slay creepers!

I found sulphur in a closed caved that had a lava pool in it and it did'nt seem to be an ore but just an entity stuck on the normal stone. Is it supposed to be so?

I imagine explosives in TFC ... TNT mining ... the epic cave-ins that would occur ... so many good stuff :3

abit off topic but what if we had naturally explosive elements within the ground ?

a cave below a swamp could fill with methane or anouther gas and leach to the surface

on its own in nature you might see a "bog fire" naturally burning

not sure what uses natural gas could be but i know it would be rather interesting to see what a tourch would do with a cave full of the stuff

not sure what uses natural gas could be but i know it would be rather interesting to see what a tourch would do with a cave full of the stuff

... Wow, you just gave me a GREAT idea on how to deal with the police... (?)

Ok, jokes aside, i don't know if we will get something like that honestly... I see little to no use we could give to methane/flammable explosive gases in general. Maybe some kind of ilumination, a gas lamp or something similar, but with our limited tech in TFC i don't know if that will be possible.

I always more natural hazards just for the challenge, tbh. Even if we can't use the gas for anything it'd be awesome just to have to watch out for it.

Maybe there could be some kind of crop that grows better in methane-heavy environments.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0