Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECC

Redstone

10 posts in this topic

simple request really, add a few recipes to get the vanilla redstone parts. something reasonable that does not require a literal mountain or cobby gen to do. Basically, Im asking to be able to produce pistons, repeaters, pressure plates and the like so that way I can find myself occupied well after the endgame with something other then 'bet you all my nickle I can survive in this plains all night without any weapons or shit'

not asking for new stuff, just asking for the old stuff.

on another note, the only new stuff I actually could ask for here is a few new pressure plates so I can troll my friends ;)

At the worst, this involved copy pasting a few blocks to texture them. At the least, it involves making a new recipe for each block.

- 800+ posts in, I am well aware of the search feature.

- I was there when bioxx said he didn't like redstone. I understand his reasoning, however the arguement below stands.

- Compatibility. I'm pretty sure I have said fuck compatibility in the past, but goddammit on this its a valid argument.

- One should not have to toggle vanilla conversion recipes to get a basic feature.

- I love redstone as it gives me something to do post-endgame.

- /Argument reopened

Agreed. But with all the non-vanilla grass/stone blocks would he need to adjust coding or redstone functions well even if placed on non-vanilla blocks?

From what I understand of the modding community adding recipes is one of the easiest things to do. From Dunks own mouth(or writing if your technical about it) it is in fact one of the easiest.

as for redstone its self, its a fairly solid feature that would not need tweaking. it responds to the world on its own, bugs and all. This topic is not about changing redstone or adding to it. its about making the one great vanilla feature available in the one great mod. I am not asking for some extraordinary device that turns the sun into vanilla diamonds, I am asking for literally a few recipes in game to be able to build that drawbridge over my moat or the gate that closes at the press of a button. Basic stuff, literally.

yea i just use custom recipe mod and add my own recipes to get the redstone stuff. but yea its a drag not to be able to use some of the stuff that makes minecraft fun for us redstone geeks. :)

I'm not the greatest redstone fan, I'm a builder mainly. However many of the functions of redstone could be carried out by simple mechanics, the Ancient Greeks had simple hydraulics and steam power. Signal propagation could be by ropes and pulleys. It is doable, thematically, and could lead to some very inspired Indiana Jones style traps. But is it codable?

this is not a thread about something to replace redstone. This is not about using it or not using it. this is about giving us our redstone back for SSP use while we wait for 'the next big thing'

I am well aware of the alternatives and how to get redstone like I want back into my ssp worlds. I should not have to resort to methods outside of tfc to get something so standard.

Are you saying a cobble generator is too much hassle?

If you don't want to grind cobble what would you suggest for recipes?

simply replacing the need for vanilla parts with TFC parts would do the trick. If need be, add in a stopgap item for rebalance.

most work that could be needed is perhaps retexturing.

TFC Gold, iron, diamonds and cobble convert to vanilla equivalents in a crafting table if you enable them in the config file. TFC cobble only seems to drop from explosions, or maybe caveins.

TFC Gold, iron, diamonds and cobble convert to vanilla equivalents in a crafting table if you enable them in the config file. TFC cobble only seems to drop from explosions, or maybe caveins.

he's well aware of this if you'd read his post you'd know that'

People at least read the OP fully before commenting please.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0