Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Arkitektbmw

Dummy's Guide to Double Ingots

12 posts in this topic

Double Ingot Guide

Alright, for those of you who are somewhat new to the mod and are frustrated/unsure of how to make a double ingot, here's the information you'll need to get started.

Alright first thing's first: this guide is assuming you’ve created your bloomery, forge, a stone anvil, and finally a hammer to use on your anvil. As for materials to create the first tier of double ingot available (copper) you will need 4 copper ores of your choice as well as flux material (made using a hammer and limeston/chalk/marble in the personal crafting grid).

Let’s get started:

Posted Image

First you’ll need to begin smelting your unshaped copper bars.

Posted Image

[Pictured:Top of the bloomery]

Posted Image

[Pictured:Ores have been added]

As a general rule, keep more charcoal in your bloomery than ore. (Also use your belows if your have one)

Posted Image

Now that we have our unshaped copper lets let it cool and take it to the anvil.

Posted Image

Let the unshaped copper cool until it is Orange.

NOTE: The very instant the unshapped metal turns orange, you'll need to work fast.

Even though the bars may be Orange, the aren't able to be fused the entire time they're Orange.

Posted Image

The moment the unshaped copper cools to orange, work it on the anvil into an Ingot.

Posted Image

Once you’ve worked the copper into an ingot place it in one of the welding positions.

Posted Image

Repeat the process once more.

Posted Image

Place the flux in the position shown.

Posted Image

And finally hit the Weld button.

Congratulations you’ve stepped into the more advanced stages of metalworking in TerraFirmaCraft.

Special thanks to Bioxx for this awesome mod.

Thanks to cornbread4u2, Grateful42, and nightdagger from the MC Forums for helping me figure this out myself.

Yeah these double ingots were pain. it is good to note that the this has to be done quickly to avoid the copper cooling down to quickly. just because it says "orange" doesn't always mean its at the right welding temperature. if you cant weld them, its cause you either a, dont have flux or b, you let the ingots cool for too long

True, I'll add that info.

Let me know how this looks on smaller monitors (mine's 1600x900). I can edit the pictures down a bit so they fit better. I've already shrunk them slightly but let me know if I need to shrink them more.

Yeah this was a pain in the ass for me. Note that it is easier to let the liquid copper cool to orange before working it rather than heating an existing ingot because of the fact that it has such a small window of time in which it can be worked.

Yeah I don't think I'll add that bit in because I've yet to actually get it to work.

Yeah this was a pain in the ass for me. Note that it is easier to let the liquid copper cool to orange before working it rather than heating an existing ingot because of the fact that it has such a small window of time in which it can be worked.

Bioxx showed a change in the way it shows heat for the next beta, i believe it was * next to the heat, meaning 20% so after 4 * and a few seconds, it will be at the 90% threshold for easier welding, still some guessing involved

Anyone else have problems when trying to stack double ingots? I lose them when I try to stack them.

Anyone else have problems when trying to stack double ingots? I lose them when I try to stack them.

its a known bug, and as far as i know, they aren't stackable, so stop trying

Trying to weld bismuth. Not working. The hottest I've been able to keep them is hot****, but you can usually work it at that temperature. I have flux and a hammer, so what am I doing wrong?

Edit: tried again with Very Hot heat on the ingots. It worked! Now I make a sword > :D

Well then what am I missing? I have 2 Bismuth Ingots on the anvil, both VERY HOT. Hammer on the anvil, and flux on the anvil. It says in the wiki you can make double ingots out of Bismuth using a stone anvil. That is what I am using. All is set right except I can not weld. The weld button is red and even when I do click it I still get no response. Haaaalp!

Well then what am I missing? I have 2 Bismuth Ingots on the anvil, both VERY HOT. Hammer on the anvil, and flux on the anvil. It says in the wiki you can make double ingots out of Bismuth using a stone anvil. That is what I am using. All is set right except I can not weld. The weld button is red and even when I do click it I still get no response. Haaaalp!

Did you ever figure this out Menoch? I know I had one hell of a time while making Bismuth 2x ingots. What I did was heat both the ingots in the forge in the 2nd level of slots (there are 2, will receive equal heat). I let them heat past Very Hot to Very Hot * then IMMEDIATELY take them out. Keep some molds in the right slots just in case. But if you let them heat to VERY HOT * and take them out right away they won't melt and then you'll have enough heat to run to your anvil to weld them.

Like I said I had a ton of trouble, especially getting to the anvil with two Very Hot ingots and not being able to weld. So after some experimenting (and failure -- loosing some ingots) it seems you can heat them to Very Hot * without them immediately melting.

The easiest and most reliable way I found to make the tier 0 double ingots is to do two molds at a time.

Put flux into the flux spot on the anvil

Put the unshaped metal in the middle 2 slots in the forge.

Wait until both are liquid

Work one mold once it has cooled just enough to solidify, put its ingot into the welding spot

Repeat for the second one, they should both still be at their welding temp.

Weld, then go straight into working the double ingot.

IF you need to make a double sheet or something, good luck, its hard as hell. (for tier 0 metals i mean)