Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jddbeyondthesky

Looking for Help Setting up Server Jar

6 posts in this topic

So I've discussed getting a TFC server up with the people I play minecraft with, and we would like to do so. The only problem is that the person who does server maintainence, he has tried to setup a TFC jar in the past, but could never get it running. I am unsure of what the problem is on his part, but I was wondering if I could get help here with getting the files setup and ready to go so that we can make our TFC server a reality. He will not do the work himself, and would like to receive a working jar, I should be able to get one made up with the right guidance. Alternatively, I would also appreciate receiving a current version jar that is already modded and ready to go.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated ^_^

From my experiences the best practice with making new server jars is usually to test it. Install Forge without any mods, run it and test it again. Then install PlayerAPI, run it again. Now that you know the jar is in good shakes then you can add the mods. Though unfortunately without knowing what or where his problem is, it's rather difficult to offer and better advice. If I had to guess he either forgot to install PlayerAPI or didn't install it properly.

OK, i will try to describe this as good as i can.

I am doing this on my Windows 7 workstation, but on Linux it should almost be the same.

1. Download:

minecraft_server.jar from https://minecraft.net/download

minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.2.448.zip from http://files.minecraftforge.net/

MC 1.4.5 - Player API universal 1.2.zip from http://www.minecraft...api-player-api/

(i will also add SmartMoving)

MC 1.4.5 - Smart Moving 11.9.zip from http://www.minecraft...p-smart-moving/

and

TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build72.zip (or newest version)

2. Make a folder where you want your server to be. I will use C:TFC_Server

3. Copy or Move minecraft_server.jar to C:TFC_Server

4. Make a copy of minecraft_server.jar in C:TFC_Server for backup, if something goes wrong.

5. Make a new folder mods in C:TFC_Server --> C:TFC_Servermods

6. With winrar or 7zip copy everything from minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.2.448.zip into C:TFC_Serverminecraft_server.jar

then from MC 1.4.5 - Player API universal 1.2.zip

iq.class

ServerPlayerAPI.class

ServerPlayerBase.class

ServerPlayerBaseSorter.class

ServerPlayerBaseSorting.class

then everything from Smart Moving Server for Minecraft Forge.zip (this file is in MC 1.4.5 - Smart Moving 11.9.zip)

It has to be in this order!

7. Copy TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build72.zip to C:TFC_Servermods

Now you can start the server my double-clicking the C:TFC_Serverminecraft_server.jar which will start with a nice GUI.

If you want to give the server more RAM you can make a run.bat file in the same folder as minecraft_server.jar

Put this code in run.bat

@echo offjava -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar minecraft_server.jar
or if you dont want to start the GUI.

@echo offjava -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
or if you only want the GUI with more RAM

@echo offstart javaw -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar minecraft_server.jar

note: I used a newer forge version and that worked for me...but you should probably use the version listed on the TFC download page, that should work the best since that TFC version is using that forge version.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks, ^_^

If I set this up on a windows 7 machine to then move onto a linux wachine, would I run into any issues?

I'll update my signature with the tutorial for server jars now :)

I'll update my signature with the tutorial for server jars now :)

I'm glad you like it :) ... and that it can help

If I set this up on a windows 7 machine to then move onto a linux wachine, would I run into any issues?

It should work just fine....the only difference is the path

If my server hardware were any better, i would do it also...but last time i tried it, it could barly manage a few chunks

then i fell into nothingnes...my servers way of saying "i just cant handle it!" :wacko: