Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XelNigma

[B72] Explosions cause wrong stones to drop.

3 posts in this topic

I first noticed this when I used a creeper to help me dig out a hill side of Basalt. When he blew, the rocks he left behind was of Diorite and Rhyolite, I found this odd seeing as this area only has Basalt.

I created a creative game, made a floating platform and tested it again using a creeper (from the white egg that I assume is the one TFCraft uses) and once again I got Diorite and Rhyolite stones from it instead of Basalt stones.

I reset the test with basalt cobblestone, basalt bricks and smoothed basalt, but its only the natural Basalt that gives the wrong stones.

I switched to TnT and it still happened, so from there on I used TnT and a wooden presser plate to do the tests.

next was to see if it happened with any other stone and here is what I got;

Granite, Diorite and Gabbro gave Granite stone and cobblestone of there type (so Gabbro gave Granite stone and Gabbro cobblestone)

Siltstone, Mudstone, Shale, Claystone, Rock Salt, Limestone, Conglomerate, Dolomite, Chert, and Chalk all gave Siltstone rocks and cobblestone of there own type.

Quartzite, Slate, Phyllite, Schist, Gneiss and Marble gave Quartzite stone and cobblestone of there own type.

The last 4 are kinda special.

Rhyolite gave Rhyolite stone and Granite stone

Basalt gave Rhyolite stone and Diorite stone

Andesite gave Rhyolite stone and Gabbro stone

Dacite gave Rhyolite stone and Siltstone stone

These are special because unlike the others they dont drop cobblestone blocks, just 2 stone types.

I want to make clear that when I say "<name> stone" Im talking about the item you gather by breaking surface rocks or mining with a pick axe, that when placed create a cobblestone block.

When I say you get a cobblestone I mean you actually get the cobblestone version of that rock type, that you can't get normally get as an item.

I only tested the cobblestone, smoothed and brick version of basalt, seeing as it didn't yield any oddities I didn't test any of the other stone types this way.

Also, once I got the things you drop when you knap, except they stayed in my inventory, from an explosion, and I got an item titled bituminous coal, not just coal, from a creeper blowing up my coal vein.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0