Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Shadeslate

So my FPS is 3x higher on a multiplayer server than single player.

25 posts in this topic

The machine the server is hosted on is making most of the work, while yours just connects to that server. As your pc isn't proccesing that much information, the game runs more smoothly.

EDIT: Just what i guess ._.

Because in single player your Minecraft client is also a server, serving to itself.

So does that mean I should naturally have higher FPS with classic minecraft also?

(That's a bother, I can render normal on servers, but i have 8 fps on tiny on my own computer)

There isn't a great difference in vanilla Minecraft, even though there is a difference... In TFC is more noticeable because the server is handling much more blocks than a vanilla server is, due to the increased height.

There isn't a great difference in vanilla Minecraft, even though there is a difference... In TFC is more noticeable because the server is handling much more blocks than a vanilla server is, due to the increased height.

Why exactly is there an increased hight? Its really just destroying my fps (I'm sure there's a lot of people that want to use TFC and can't just because of this right here.)

Why exactly is there an increased hight? Its really just destroying my fps (I'm sure there's a lot of people that want to use TFC and can't just because of this right here.)

So the world doesn't end 50 meters below the surface?

Because we must be able to dig deeply into the bowels of the earth, to uncover forgotten horrors and so on....

Im sure the soil/stone depth will only increase in the future, hopefully we have performance enhancements to match.

Because we must be able to dig deeply into the bowels of the earth, to uncover forgotten horrors and so on....

Im sure the soil/stone depth will only increase in the future, hopefully we have performance enhancements to match.

Yeah that didn't answer my question lol.

So the world doesn't end 50 meters below the surface?

Alright that kinda makes sense haha. I just wish my computer could really run this more effectively. Oh well.

I guess the roughly 140m sea level just has to deal with generating massive underground caves, and fitting in all the stone layers and enhancing mining with the larger searching areas.

hmm, i was thinking, couldnt it be possible to slice the rendering in half lengthways and make the world not render below y100 unless you reach y105?

it'd make for some incredible speedboosts methinks ;D

hmm, i was thinking, couldnt it be possible to slice the rendering in half lengthways and make the world not render below y100 unless you reach y105?

Nope, chunks don't work like that. The closer to that we could have is cubic chunks.

;o_________________________| cubic chunks ;o______________________________________|

The reason for higher frames-per-second is the personal computer the server was created in. Also, please no double-posting, Mister Shadeslate; double-posting melts users.

Why exactly is there an increased height? Its really just destroying my FPS (I'm sure there's a lot of people that want to use TFC and can't just because of this right here).

To make an addition to the believability factor and to create room for ores and epic Mines of Moria-styled mines! Not to worry, there will(?) be optimization updates in the future.

The reason for higher frames-per-second is the personal computer the server was created in. Also, please no double-posting, Mister Shadeslate; double-posting melts users.

To make an addition to the believability factor and to create room for ores and epic Mines of Moria-styled mines! Not to worry, there will(?) be optimization updates in the future.

There will or there MIGHT?

There will or there MIGHT?

Most likely be. But not any time TOO, TOO soon. Hopefully after the huge construction update, but that is all I know.

Most likely be. But not any time TOO, TOO soon. Hopefully after the huge construction update, but that is all I know.

So, you don't know, and if its true we don't know when.

k

Wait, there is a higher height limit! I just thought that buildings couldn't be as tall as in vanilla.

The height limit isn't higher, the sea level is.

the 2 of you press f3 once in a while and look at your y coordinate, sea level begins around 146 or so, so its like bioxx went over to Notch's vanilla minecraft and quite literally kicked the world generation up the bum to rais the level of everything, this was done to create far more enjoyable depths of worlds, while still leaving more than enough space for most buildings (and we're still waiting for cubic chunks before we can get started on our LOTR remake (fuck yea im gonna try and get people for that ;D)

Due to current chunk code with cave gen, the option available at the moment that i have found to give better fps for low end computers is to completely disable caves, im hoping in the future i can build an implementation to loop cave gen code as a toggle option during world creation that will disable caves for people with low end computers. still currently under testing are other theory's about improving performance but this is still something that will take a while since i am currently the only one working on optimization with TFC as Boixx and Dunk are already doing so much to build TFC and balance the constant bugs and performance and many many other things, for i am learning first hand just how much hard work went into TFC, please be patient with all of us and hope Boixx allows me to become an official dev, member. as my job would be optimizing code for less bugs and better fps, not building it.

One thing to try is a local server. Have a dual core or better, 4 gig or better but crappy integrated graphics? Run a dedicated local server and install OptiFine on your client.