Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Alestance

So, after quite a few months of playing this mod, I FINALLY made a metal tool.

17 posts in this topic

The day is April 8th, 1000. One month and seven Minecraft days after starting the game, and about a week of playing the game here in the real world. I have scavenged a 5 mile radius of my home and spawn location, hunted, gathered, and knapped tools, staved off the undead and the damned, and built a rather cozy log cabin over a river bed.

I have quite literally over a hundred crops planted, and enough food to last me the rest of the year. I've been blessed with settling near at least four large deposits of clay, a lime stone, marble, and diorite field for plenty of flux, and willows grow nearby, granting me with enough wood to make more charcoal than should be necessary for the remainder of the year.

However, metal had evaded me. One might say I'm...

Posted Image

Met-allergic.

One month and 50 miles of searching through the desolate grassy plains, the thick and heavily shrubbed woodlands and forests, and climbing steep, dangerous cliff sides, I finally found Cassiterite AND Native Copper. Today I have made my first metal tool legitimately. A tin chisel.

It only gets more difficult from here, I suppose. Wish me luck on my journey.

Yes I only made this post to make that terrible pun. Please don't hurt me.

Why is there so many unfortunate people playing this mod, now that i think about it? i usually spawn, apparently, right over a vein of some starting metal, to the point where sometimes i'm begging to find a normal rock to actually make tools.

(quote from myself from a thread where the poster whinned about how hard finding ores is)

'nough said.

well written. you playing blind or by the book? cause if its the latter, I'll toss you a tip from my own 'blind' playthough

Good luck on the remainder of your long journey.

Ironically in a new SP game I just recently started I have found my stone anvil and at least a dozen spots to mine for copper tin bismuth and zinc. I have everything I need to start except flux material. Im searching everywhere in growing concentric circles but I still havent been able to find a single flux capable stone. But that is part of the appeal of this mod for me, nothing can be taken for granted.

Im thinking now Ill just pick a direction and head that way till I find my flux.

Playing by the book. After being with this mod for such a long time, playing blind is now impossible. Well, almost impossible. Constant overhaul of the very early phase of the game is a bit off putting sometimes, but I'm quite content in knowing that most of the rest of the game will stay the same until the Kingdoms update, or the construction overhaul if those two aren't the same.

in that case: pro tip: if you find surface ore, dig down.

Good luck on the remainder of your long journey.

Ironically in a new SP game I just recently started I have found my stone anvil and at least a dozen spots to mine for copper tin bismuth and zinc. I have everything I need to start except flux material. Im searching everywhere in growing concentric circles but I still havent been able to find a single flux capable stone. But that is part of the appeal of this mod for me, nothing can be taken for granted.

Im thinking now Ill just pick a direction and head that way till I find my flux.

hey, do you go to Waterloo? My best friends from highschool go there :)

in that case: pro tip: if you find surface ore, dig down.

I've been marking every location that I've found surface ore with a block of cobble, there's a huge field of bismuthinite, cassiterite, and native copper about a mile away from where I've set up shelter. I need just a bit more tin to make a prospector's pick, which is, incidentally, the last tool I absolutely need. Just a bit more cassiterite and I'll be ready.

I've set up a forge and a bloomery, but neither will be perminent, as I have my eyes set on relocating to the mountains that's much farther.

no, you dont need a propick. just mine down and make sure you have laddars. make a propick AFTER you get your first depot.

hey, do you go to Waterloo? My best friends from highschool go there :)/>

Nope. Graduated many years ago.

Nope. Graduated many years ago.

I see, but you still live there. It's rare to meet someone who actually lives in a smaller community.

I spent too much time putting a shale roof on this cabin, but here are images of my home, farm, and temporary metal works. http://imgur.com/a/vxoFx#0

Haven't built anything remarkable with the chisel yet, but when I start building at the location I want to, I'll be using the chisel quite a lot.

Started doing strip mining near where the cassiterite and copper was found.

Also, this sort of became a diary of my game so far. Is this thread in the right section?

I see, but you still live there. It's rare to meet someone who actually lives in a smaller community.

Is it just me, or are there a bunch more people from Canada than before?

I didnt ever go to school in Waterloo, I went to Centre Wellington. Ill be moving closer to Orangeville in the near future.

It's rare to meet people who live in small communities? If it counts, I used to live in the Waterloo area...

You guys are so unlucky when it comes to ore. I found my first vein in day 7. Or was it 10. I can't remember, but it was something like that.

Ah, Terra Firma. It's the game where to get your satisfaction, you need to secure it in an arm lock and suffocate it to death, while it tries to violently stab you with it's infinitely growing arms. The way minecraft should have been.