Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
halfmaster1

Farming makes even less sense now. [NEW OP]

17 posts in this topic

Edit: Okay, this is a LOT bigger than I thought. The plants that I plant directly after I till grow literally 10x faster than the ones that have lower nutrients.

Incase you didn't read the old OP, then after I till, the nutrients of the square start at a very higher number, but if I don't plant something right away they drop to what they are supposed to be. If you do plant right away, the plants grow in literally about 10 ingame days.

Is this happening to anyone else?

... Are you, by any chance, using a stone hoe instead of a metal one? Otherwise, it's most likely a bug. Nutrient levels will increase whenever that nutrient isn't being used, with a top level of nutrients it can have.

I'm using a metal one. Like I said, if I plant right away, I get about 3x the nutrient than if I let the tilled dirt sit for a minute.

Probably a bug then. Can anyone else replicate this?

I have tested this in another world. It seems that right when you hoe the land, the nutrients are very high, but then regardless of whether you plant something or not on it, it drops to about a half of it's original value in about a minute. It doesn't do so gradually, it will just change.

(69)

Tilling a dirt block will now cause the resulting farmland to have next to no nutrients in order to prevent an exploit. Tilling grass blocks still work as before.

I am in build 72, and I am tilling grass blocks. That is why it starts off with a lot. When it goes dow, it only halves, it doesn't go to 0.

Also, the dirt block thing is rather annoying, seeing as I flattened my farm, so most of it is dirt. It is taking forever.

Also, seeing as some of you may not read the OP again, do crops grow in unloaded chunks?

Ahh...This is a weird problem indeed. It seemed that you were in Build 69, and not 72 because of the "(69)" at the beginning of your post.

DERP. ._. I was talking to Sebster and I thought you had the same problem as him...fail.

I was just adding the info I found about tilling....it just happens to be from b69 changelog.

Anyways, that doesn't really mater, I just need to be more carful about running out of nutrients.

What I need to ono is if crops grow while they are in unloaded chunks, because my farm is a fair ways away from my house.

Anyways, that doesn't really mater, I just need to be more carful about running out of nutrients.

What I need to ono is if crops grow while they are in unloaded chunks, because my farm is a fair ways away from my house.

Technically crops don't grow in an unloaded chunk, but once you visit them any time that has passed since the chunk was last loaded will be processed all at once. If that amount of time is significant, then your crops will grow at that time. This happens in SMP, if you plant a crop and don't log into the server for a day or two, you'll find all the plants will grow (or pop out of the ground) instantly as you log in.

I can verify this nutrient bug on Build 72, i started another thread about it.