Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yubyub96

Idea/Suggestion about mob spawning.

8 posts in this topic

NOTE:This is not so much of a suggestion, but an idea i had and wish to discuss with you guys.

I had this idea for a while now, first for vanilla minecraft, then for TFC!

The idea is to make mob spawning something more believable.

Little story

-Ho! what a beatiful twilight this is!time to go home to bake some bread.

i approach the walls of my town and open the gates, its all very dark and spooky,but i know i will be safe in this incredibly large and well protected city.

A zombie band appears out of nowhere and attacks me

-WTF! how could they get pass this gates! its impossible

I attack them and win the battle

-Whoa! that was weird.

As of now mobs will spawn on any chunk that doesnt have protection nor light.But this is unbelievable.You have a big walled city which is 10x10 chunks so not all the chunk will have protection, even though you have a walled city mobs will spawn inside there.

My idea is to make caves/dungeons of mobs, this will have the function of spawning mobs, and those mobs will come out of that cave through various entrances hidden in a big area(not sure how big) and then will search for light and movement(similar to zombie awareness mod) Thus in your first nights you will have to be very quiet and get a shelter which does not gives of any kind of light to the outside,inside its fine.

Now this will make nights incredibly dangerous,so to balance this,we have the moon, when the moon is at new moon there will be a bigger amount of mobs around, and when its full there will be less mobs.

This will give you a mission to gather metals and get a full set of armor, first while gathering metals you should explore and close all the entrances to the caves where mobs will come out of, you could enter the cave but it will be suicidal to do so whit low tier metals and no armor(or leather).Then once you got your metals you will make a full set of armour and weapons to slaughter all the mobs in that cave and get rid of them once and for all, once you have done this you will have conquered that area, and the only way for mobs to enter that area will be when the mobs of another big area get to your area ,which will take them at least two days to get to due to the sun, and at day they will hide in small caves or any place with shadows dark enough for them.

Tell me what you think of this idea/suggestion, im not sure if this would fit the style of TFC, thats why i would like to see your opinion before saying this must be implemented.

Hostile mobs are already planned to be moved underground eventually.

Hostile mobs are already planned to be moved underground eventually.

Yes but what he's saying is that they'll reach the surface and wander off from there, instead of just appearing out of thin air!

well, yes. I assume that would be a potential part of the planned feature.

How about hordes that breed and were born in nests in caves and dungeons?

-Hordes stay in home nests during daylight.

-They come out at night or rainstorms to feed and compete with other hordes.

-In the coming times of winter, they stock up on food, and when winter arrives, they hibernate and breed in their nests.

-Positive Effects:

-You won't have to deal with them for the rest of the winter.

-Caves and dungeons will be relatively safe, as they seal off the entrances.

-Negative Effects:

-If you mine into their nests, the hostiles will attack the invaders (you).

-In the coming winter, they will kill and carry animals to their nests for the winter, and they won't hestitate to kill and carry your corpse for the winter.

-At night-time, they seek out any artificial lighting and the smell of blood and meat to find prey.

-Entering into a cave with no armor and armed with only stone weapons will get you killed, unless the nest they live in is next to another competitor's nest.

-This goes for dungeons, as well.

Let me know if there is any misconception or suggestion.

things with weird font

yeah thats pretty much what i've said, except for the compiting thing and the winter.

but i didnt understand the last part, why wont you die if theres another competing nest near?

And about the winter, i think it will be far to easy to survive in winter, there should be something to make winter not as easy.

yeah thats pretty much what i've said, except for the compiting thing and the winter.

but i didnt understand the last part, why wont you die if theres another competing nest near?

And about the winter, i think it will be far to easy to survive in winter, there should be something to make winter not as easy.

You forgot about the wolves, and the reason you won't die if there is a competing nest nearby is that they will be too busy warring with each other, which gives an opportunity to sneak by them.

At that point, the nests of monsters should just be dire wolves/bears/honeybadgers. Zombies and skeletons don't have enough awareness beyond kill target to create a nesting area, and can't breed that I'm aware of. Spider nests could be done as well, and potentially creeper colonies. The exception to this is if we go a bit more towards the fantasy side and the nests work kind of like the nest in the movie Slither, where meat is gathered and force fed to birthing monstrosities.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0