Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Revenge519

Excess Metallic Ore

28 posts in this topic

When you're playing T.F.C. and your at the steel age you seem to have all this excess bismuth, copper, zinc, tin, ETC... what do you do with it? well I know THIS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED MULTIPLE TIMES but "Metal blocks" or metal storage. Here is some good reasons to add them.

* Creative purposes "decoration"

* Stronger housing and reinforced buildings

* A way to get arid of all the useless tier 0 and 1 metals you have

* A use for Lead , Brass, Platinum and Nickel , besides metallurgy

By the way wheres the anvil sounds O.o????

The anvil sound is still a mystery.

However I would prefer placeable ingots instead of metal blocks. Yes, piles of ingots that work in the same way of log piles. But maybe you could need metal panels to make your walls stronger, not necessarily metal blocks.

The idea itself is not bad, but metal blocks are...how can I say this...simple. Yes, they look too simple for me. I don't like them very much. But if you have ideas that could make them different than vanilla ones I am ready to listen.

I'd really like being able to use lower level metals as reinforcement like in CivCraft and rails like in railcraft, where low quality metals give you much less than the higher ones but still allow you to at least start a path.

I think I saw some kind of hoard or treasure mod where you could do the very thing, piling ingots, it looked cool as hell.

I am sure back in the 16th century they had stone vaults for this sort of thing.

So with the new storage system this seems easy to implement also, you could limit ingots to not stack above one, thus still being able to use chests for cooling.

But in order to equal the chest system you would have to be able to have a chest like interface into the ingot stack.

Believe the only question i could come up with is how do we handle mixed ingot stacks.

Presumeably brass could be used for steam pipes if things go well with that idea.

Presumeably brass could be used for steam pipes if things go well with that idea.

well i think steam power is outside our timeframe which if i'm not mistaken, ends around the 1500s

even though steam power would be the most amazing thing ever -pokes at Dunk-

Read the 'Speculation about Build 70' Thread. :)

well i think steam power is outside our timeframe which if i'm not mistaken, ends around the 1500s

even though steam power would be the most amazing thing ever -pokes at Dunk-

It was dunk himself that spilled the beans on steampower. as far as i can tell it'll be a replacement for a lot of redstone thingys. not all of it i think but say, instead of redstone powered pistons, steampowered pistons. i don't know if Bioxx gave the idea his blessing yet though. ask dunk for more details. perhaps he'll be drunk enough to tell us more!

I also think there should be ore piles. Sort of like when you throw ore in a bloomery, except it works anywhere (and doesn't smelt, obviously).

I'd really like being able to use lower level metals as reinforcement like in CivCraft and rails like in railcraft, where low quality metals give you much less than the higher ones but still allow you to at least start a path.

Civcraft references make me smile. I love that mod.

But as to that point: I've actually been trying to plug the Civcraft admins to run a TFC server for a while now, but they only want Bukkit-compatible stuff so that their mods (like Citadel, which is where the reinforcements come from) can work with it. I have a few ideas on re-creating Citadel, PrisonPearl, and the bits of PreciousStones they use within TFC, I'm just too ignorant of programming to go and do it. Makes me sad. Civcraft+TFC= the pinnacle of all Minecraft experience.

Civcraft references make me smile. I love that mod.

But as to that point: I've actually been trying to plug the Civcraft admins to run a TFC server for a while now, but they only want Bukkit-compatible stuff so that their mods (like Citadel, which is where the reinforcements come from) can work with it. I have a few ideas on re-creating Citadel, PrisonPearl, and the bits of PreciousStones they use within TFC, I'm just too ignorant of programming to go and do it. Makes me sad. Civcraft+TFC= the pinnacle of all Minecraft experience.

I saw a post on reddit about the idea, I understand why being able to use bukkit would be important, but I think it would be pretty much the perfect game if TFC and CivCraft could be mixed.

I don't even have a vanilla install right now, just TFC so I just watch the drama on civcraft, sad that it is so singular.

I saw a post on reddit about the idea, I understand why being able to use bukkit would be important, but I think it would be pretty much the perfect game if TFC and CivCraft could be mixed.

I don't even have a vanilla install right now, just TFC so I just watch the drama on civcraft, sad that it is so singular.

I just keep two jar files around. One with the TFC stuff installed, one that is vanilla+rei's (map is very important for Civcraft). Open the bin folder, switch the names so that the one I want is labeled the plain "Minecraft" that the launcher seeks out, and the spare is either "MinecraftTFC" or "MinecraftCiv". Lets me play both with minimal effort.

I just keep two jar files around. One with the TFC stuff installed, one that is vanilla+rei's (map is very important for Civcraft). Open the bin folder, switch the names so that the one I want is labeled the plain "Minecraft" that the launcher seeks out, and the spare is either "MinecraftTFC" or "MinecraftCiv". Lets me play both with minimal effort.

you could use minecraft magic launcher to set up 2 different configurations: for one locate set the corresponding jar to the tfc jar and the other to vanilla + rei's jar, so instead of constantly renaming jars, you could just boot up through magic launcher and select a config. hope this helps :3

Ore/Ingot Piles are BRILLIANT.

maybe a cap of 8 ingots per pile or even the log default of 16.

I'd like to see the sheets you craft become place able. like the reinforcement idea, digging out a road, filling it with cobble and lining it with copper? mmm, lovely ^.^

Well, one ingot should be maybe...16 blocks worth. Because 2 ingots for 1 block. No way.

That would mean we would need higher tier metal chisels to build pretty statues out of lower ones. Red steel chisels would be nice for making a black steel statue.

How about making metal sheets placeable like planks are, except that you get a 1/8 block slab out of it?

Definitely second the ingot piles, but for ore, I'd rather have a hopper, where you construct something like a bloomery with a block at the bottom that allows you to retrieve ore. Dump ore in the top like a bloomery and it fills up, then pull ore items out of the interface from the bottom.

How about making metal sheets placeable like planks are, except that you get a 1/8 block slab out of it?

Definitely second the ingot piles, but for ore, I'd rather have a hopper, where you construct something like a bloomery with a block at the bottom that allows you to retrieve ore. Dump ore in the top like a bloomery and it fills up, then pull ore items out of the interface from the bottom.

i ve always wanted some form of hopper

also i would really really really like ore piles as i could finally build a ore dump out side my mines :D

I do the same, except I haven't gotten CivCraft yet, and I have about 30 minecraft folders, not 2.

MagicLauncher is much better than switching folders..

I think the reason metal blocks aren't in the game is because it is trying to have players play more frugally. Instead of carting off with an entire mine's worth tin if you can't use it, why don't you just take what you need?

i ve always wanted some form of hopper

also i would really really really like ore piles as i could finally build a ore dump out side my mines :D

well, your wish has been granted, mojang has added hoppers in their latest snapshot

What I want to do with my new found power is create more uses for objects. I want to bring support beams back into the stone age and give them more uses aside from supporting ceilings. It's a goddamn wooden beam after all, and those were used in so many different constructions. I'd also like to have a late game support beam made out of metal. Tiering it too hard and tedious and just feels wrong, so I'll probably make it only for iron+ metals.

how do you plan on making metal supports worth doing instead of wooden?

how do you plan on making metal supports worth doing instead of wooden?

perhaps we could have metal sheeting? i know it sounds abit modern, but areas of britian and france had lead roofing.

metal also has alot of decorative perpouses but thats not the point of the mod, perhaps we could incorperate metal foints and struts to the wooden support system.

rivets could be used to combine larger peices of metal together as welding didn't apear til the 20th century

Guys, don't forget, there's going to be a late-game addition to this mod. Odds are, there's going to be a HUGE use for the excess metal we have. Until then, It's best to store it in a vault until a later build when we can pull it out and put it to work.

Though I'd love to see some chisel-capable metal blocks... (<3 making my faucet out of metal instead of stone!)