Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

TFC Community Server [OFFLINE]

44 posts in this topic

Aloha TFC community,

home.pc-net.at:12121

or

62.178.245.147:12121

Server Info:
TFC B75
Server Location: Vienna, Austria
Mainboard: Intel® Desktop Board DQ35JOE
RAM: DDR2 4GB
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
System & Backup HDD: 1TB
For Server HDD: 2 x 150GB Raptor 10k RAID 0
Backup: Every 1h + Daily + Weekly + Monthly (will have to adapt to map size)

Internet connection:
Download: ~ 80Mbit
Upload: ~ 9Mbit
IP: home.pc-net.at:12121 (or 62.178.245.147:12121)

Slots: 12 (above this is where the lag starts on this hardware)
Server difficulty: 2
PVP: OFF
Seed: 5507689754556415064

Minecraft Server 1.4.6 With Mods: (Also needed on Client!!)
- TFC Beta Build 75
- Minecraft Forge 1.4.5-6.5.0.486
- Player API universal 1.7 (for minecraft 1.4.6)
- Smart Moving 11.11
- Leather Water Sac => http://terrafirmacra...er-sac-for-tfc/ => 1.4.6_LeatherWaterSacTFC_1.2.b75.zip

Server Mods: (NOT needed on Client)
- fihgu's Command mods => http://www.minecraft...vanilla-server/
- MyTown => http://www.minecraft...rformance-mods/
- /bn => TFC Block Names => BlockNameTFC.zip
- /motd => Message of the Day => MOTD.zip

To optimize the RAM usage i start the server like this:

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx3G -Xms512M -Xmn256M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp minecraft_server.jar -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

yes that is one big command line :) ... i found it here:
http://forums.bukkit...-am-back.25994/

I'm on currently :3 Emris, can i have some of your crop?

Why not open the control panel by using your BAT file?

Server-Speech is german or english? (not that this would change much...^^)

with 128GB RAM...

Man, how many ppl do you want to play on that server? :D

But... besides that - also if I'm not that happy with Smart Moving - I think I will have a look into it...

Why not open the control panel by using your BAT file?

This server runs on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Linux distro....so no bat files here :)

Server-Speech is german or english? (not that this would change much...^^)

Man, how many ppl do you want to play on that server? :D

But... besides that - also if I'm not that happy with Smart Moving - I think I will have a look into it...

Server is English, but i'd like to use a better chat system...with something like [DE] or [EN] channels...that would be cool

And the 128GB RAM is something that is on my wish-list :) ... with that kind of server, we could run a few servers with different game-play aspects.

note to me: a good chat...hmm...i think i have to start with my own moding.

Well, I can no longer join successfully at all for whatever reason. Socket-write exception keeps throwing me out.

Apparently - Optifine is to blame. WTH? I don't know.

Or maybe server just randomly hates me in particular lol ex di

Edited by Jee-Host{gm}

I'm really enjoying this server so far, nice community and great latency. And the spawn isn't griefed to hell (yet) :S

Found this server the other day, nice people, great seed! Thanks, Emris :)

Other than my inability to find iron (through no fault of the server), having a great time! Good community, good rocks and trees and things, would recommend.

Other than my inability to find iron (through no fault of the server), having a great time! Good community, good rocks and trees and things, would recommend.

HA! I found iron before you did :D

I just found this server ! People are very nice ! (I'm not a really god english speaker but they try to understand me)

Thanks you a lot Emris for this comunity ! A forum would be great ;)

I have been playing since yesterday. No lag. Found some nice buildings of other players.

I've been playing on this server for quite some time. And today I was disconnected and got this message "Can't reach server". Is the server down or it's just me having problem?

Server crashed, but its back online now.

I'd really liket o join, but I always get kicked because of a Internal exception: java.net.Socket.TimeoutException: Read time out :(

Anyway to fix this?

I'd really liket o join, but I always get kicked because of a Internal exception: java.net.Socket.TimeoutException: Read time out :(

Anyway to fix this?

I've never had that happen on this server, did your client generate a crash log or an error report?

So I'm working on making Lil' Avii's Simply Horses' recipes compatible with TFC using the Custom Stuff mod. I was wondering if and when I get it working, would everyone interested in using it on the server?

So I'm working on making Lil' Avii's Simply Horses' recipes compatible with TFC using the Custom Stuff mod. I was wondering if and when I get it working, would everyone interested in using it on the server?

The mod looks nice! It's also in keeping with the general theme of TFC. So if it doesn't turn out to be too buggy, I think it would be a great addition.

Well, Avii is amazing and made the current version of Simply Horses compatible with TFC as far as horse health and such goes. And I found a better alternative to custom items. Custom NPCs allows you to create custom recipes as well and the admin can do so (or anyone with the proper permissions) in game.

Well, Avii is amazing and made the current version of Simply Horses compatible with TFC as far as horse health and such goes. And I found a better alternative to custom items. Custom NPCs allows you to create custom recipes as well and the admin can do so (or anyone with the proper permissions) in game.

I'd really love for this to get added.

The server is down :o

Yeah it crashed a few minutes ago, I sent a PM here on the forums to Emris, but afaik he just went to bed :/ So I guess it's not gonna be back up until tomorrow morning (his time).

Interesting...it must have restarted by itself because everything was fine this morning :wacko:

...but i did a fresh restart anyway :)