Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
rhodance

Quick Question about Error

11 posts in this topic

(my apologies if this isn't quite in the right place)

the question: what would cause this error?

java.lang.ClassCastException: yz cannot be cast to TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager

i have attached the last crash-report out of the folder...

(i think that's the relevant one, but i am not sure)

Why do i ask this?

that requires a little background. i had a friend who ran a TFC server and fell in love with the mod. i decided 'hey, i wanna run this on my little server'. So i contact my server host (servercraft.co) and give them the mods they need to install (i dont have access to the jar itself, they do). they try it and says it throws the above error and say 'go talk to the mod creator'.

so this is me doing my due-diligence. i am a bit irritated with them, since i just managed to setup and install everything correctly and get it to run on my poor little win7 2.2gh amd laptop. i did it in like 30 mins (this being my first time actually touching minecraft_server). i just wanted to know if there is a reasonable explanation for errors like that before i go throw a fit.

crash-2012-12-25_18.42.21-server.txt

(my apologies if this isn't quite in the right place)

the question: what would cause this error?

java.lang.ClassCastException: yz cannot be cast to TFC.WorldGen.TFCWorldChunkManager

i have attached the last crash-report out of the folder...

(i think that's the relevant one, but i am not sure)

Why do i ask this?

that requires a little background. i had a friend who ran a TFC server and fell in love with the mod. i decided 'hey, i wanna run this on my little server'. So i contact my server host (servercraft.co) and give them the mods they need to install (i dont have access to the jar itself, they do). they try it and says it throws the above error and say 'go talk to the mod creator'.

so this is me doing my due-diligence. i am a bit irritated with them, since i just managed to setup and install everything correctly and get it to run on my poor little win7 2.2gh amd laptop. i did it in like 30 mins (this being my first time actually touching minecraft_server). i just wanted to know if there is a reasonable explanation for errors like that before i go throw a fit.

I can only think of two things off the top of my head that would cause this. The server has a world file already and when the server is launched, it is loading the world which expects the vanilla manager. Or the server config is set to use world type Large Biomes or any other world setting (should be DEFAULT).

I can only think of two things off the top of my head that would cause this. The server has a world file already and when the server is launched, it is loading the world which expects the vanilla manager. Or the server config is set to use world type Large Biomes or any other world setting (should be DEFAULT).

Thanks for the quick response. you actually got back to me before they did. :/

Sollution is quite simple:

1. Install the Mod on your localhost-Server and be sure it runs without errors.

2. Tell your server-hoster to delete all existing files on your server

3. Give them your Server.jar & the TFC mod-file. (Iam sure they know what to do - otherwise: place server.jar -> Start server -> when ready stop it, delete the world folder, paste TFC mod-file in /mods -> start server again.

A better sollution would be, to change to a hoster that allows you to manage files a/o start-script by yourself. They don't even cost more than other hoster. ;)

Apparently the host Rhodance is currently with is not allowing custom minecraft_server.jar files. Something tells me they have additional content in the .jar file that's possibly causing issues as well. We've sent them an explanation to change things on their end, but if they continue to derp like this, we'll likely drop them. Do you have any recommendations for a server host DOESN'T mind us managing these files?

Iam sitting in middle europe - austria - so, I'll HAVE recom€mendations, but I'm not sure if it will really help you.

When you choose a hoster, it should (at least) sitting on the same continent. It make many things easier for you. ;)

Since I dont have a clue, from where you are - I can't give you a real recommendation.

But whereever you are - the situation will be probably nearly the same than here:

You get 'Gameserver' fo about 6-8€/month (1-2GB Ram / 4-8 Slots) for those you get access to all the files, but most of them don't offers you the option of using custom start-scripts.

If you want this possibility or if you need a huge ammount of Ram, take a vServer for round about 15-20€/month (up to 16GB Ram - at least 2GB guaranteed - 4 core unit - only technical limits for the slots you will offer).

I think, there is no need for an REAL root-server only for playing Minecraft on it... ;) But maybe you'll have the 50-100€/month to spend? ^^

If you only want to run a server for less than 15 players - there are a lot of offers for Gameserver, that costs around 10,-/month and don't need much maintenance. You can pay in advance for it - month for month - so you also have the opportunity to change your provider (your player only have to change their IP for login - you can carry all your files, settings, worlds, etc. pp. with you) or shut it down completely without having money spent on it for month in the future.

Finding a host that fully supports custom .jars is difficult, most I've had in the past have not done so, but not prevented you from using them, however all their workings assumed a vanilla, bukkit, or tekkit environment.

I'm in the US and I am with Exodus Hosting, Beastnode previously but this seems less buggy when playing TFC.

I use mpserv.net and am very happy. I have complete control over MY server.

Many thanks for the help on this, guys! Rhodance and I are very appreciative.

Just as a side note, I know for certain that any syntax errors in the server.properties file at all, will cause this issue or an issue like it. I cant remember the exact exception it causes but it does result in an invalid cast while generating the map. So if you make changes to the server.properties file before generating your TFC world, and you get cast exceptions while its building the new world, start there first.