Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ChairBorneRanger

[BUILD74] Golden Valley (great beginner spot)

7 posts in this topic

Howdy all! I've been playing this mod since early November, and I'd like to thank the dev team for reinivgorating my intrest in MC. I figured with my first post I would share a seed I randomly mashed in, but eventually fell in love with. I created it in Build 72, but I've regenerated it in B74 with minimal differences.

Seed: 6349834152

On spawn, I started on the coast of a shale and sycamore hill forest with the ocean to the South.

Posted Image

I decided to head East with the rising sun. Soon the shale turned to andesite, and after topping a large hill, I was greeted with this:

Posted Image

From this pennisula there are shale hills back to the West. To the South there is a dacite/willow swamp with loads of clay. To the North the andesite mountains and hills turn into chalk plains. I haven't explored much into the East, but I can assume more andesite mountains. In this little convergance river valley there are great deposites of cassiterite, copper, and some sphalerite. The only basic metal I haven't found on the surface is bismithinite. Exploring the deeper depths has uncovered more valuable metals, but I'll let anyone who tries this seed enjoy finding them.

The pennisula itself has a small stand of oak and hickory trees that I've nurtured with care. Here are a few shots of what i've done with the place. Thanks again, and enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW, awesome house you have there, the seed is very good, but those kind of things are easily found in TFC(its magic XD)

I would like to see more pics of the place, both your creations and the landscape. Its good to see people finally use this forum, people never share seeds here.

Keep up the good work mate.

PS: i see that you live in Japan, how is it there? i would like to go live there one day.

Thank you so much! I've been looking for a good seed for some of the more recent builds. This is very nice terrain and I love what you did with it. I'm probaly gonna start using it. But somtihng you should do is add more pictures. Those places you discribed like North, West and South. You should have pictures for that so we can see what's there.

OP will surely deliver! Instead of clogging up the board with images, I made an imgur album with a small tour through my SSP world on this seed. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/r6SBa

PS: @yubyub Japan is pretty nice. I'm here with Uncle Sam's Flying Circus (aka USAF) so when I'm not working there's plenty to go see and do. Since I live on the base I get to keep a little bit of America with me.

hey where did you find ores? because im haveing a hard time getting any metals

When you find ore nuggets on the surface, mark those locations. It's likely there will be ore of that type in the first layer or rock. When you have enough for a pick, start digging down and prospecting.

goddammit...that sphalerite is sure scattered out in small clusters....damn hard too find