Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Crysyn

Crossbows

161 posts in this topic

No...I am the All Seeing Eye.. I have Rainbow Esscence, not poison.

Rainbow essence...

Posted Image

Rainbow essence...

Posted Image

No!! Replace that face with an eye and make sparkles and waves of awesome around it, and you are all good.

No!! Replace that face with an eye and make sparkles and waves of awesome around it, and you are all good.

No, I don't want...rainbow essence... :Q_______

No, I don't want...rainbow essence... :Q_______

:Q_______

!!! I have to use that!

:Q_______

!!! I have to use that!

COPYRGHTED! MUHAHAHAHHAHA!

COPYRGHTED! MUHAHAHAHHAHA!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....I gave you aurum ignis, so give me rainbow essence vomit guy in return.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....I gave you aurum ignis, so give me rainbow essence vomit guy in return.

Ok, I'm a nice guy, then me and you can use this ok?

Ok, I'm a nice guy, then me and you can use this ok?

wut? I don't get that part.

wut? I don't get that part.

TheWolf277 and The All Seeing Eye can use this ":Q_______" in their posts.

Ok, I'm a nice guy, then only we can use this ok?

And of course, JAG can use it as well, since he would kill us in an extremely painful way if we didn't allowed him to...

Fix'd

Fix'd

THEN I SWEAR I'LL STOP WORSHIPPING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that i would use it anyways... there are better memes out there.

Not that i would use it anyways... there are better memes out there.

JAG, PhD in Memes.

Let's re-rail this topic too.

Then guys, other ideas about crossbows, blowguns and similar things?

The first one that posts something on-topic gets a free +1. But make a good post.

Let's re-rail this topic too.

Then guys, other ideas about crossbows, blowguns and similar things?

The first one that posts something on-topic gets a free +1. But make a good post.

Metal heads for blow darts. Also, the poison Idea we were talking about. That should be applied to arrow as well. I also think there should be throwing knives and throw darts as well, but far cheaper to make(one ingot gets you 25 dart heads or so) and faster throw. (throw as fast as you can click like 1.6 bow).

Metal heads for blow darts. Also, the poison Idea we were talking about. That should be applied to arrow as well. I also think there should be throwing knives and throw darts as well, but far cheaper to make(one ingot gets you 25 dart heads or so) and faster throw. (throw as fast as you can click like 1.6 bow).

I need to change some things here, but you got the +1 because these are all good ideas.

Metal heads for the blow darts, I don't agree completely, apart if they're multi-use. The poisoned arrows are off. Do you know why? Because they would be overpowered. I forgot to say that the blowgun must be a low ranged weapon. However I let Bioxx or Dunk decide if create or not the poisoned arrows. Throwing knives are a good suggestion, but do you mean like javelins?

Throwing darts seems a weird idea, because they become overpowered if they're faster and if you don't need a blowgun to throw them.

I need to change some things here, but you got the +1 because these are all good ideas.

Metal heads for the blow darts, I don't agree completely, apart if they're multi-use. The poisoned arrows are off. Do you know why? Because they would be overpowered. I forgot to say that the blowgun must be a low ranged weapon. However I let Bioxx or Dunk decide if create or not the poisoned arrows. Throwing knives are a good suggestion, but do you mean like javelins?

Throwing darts seems a weird idea, because they become overpowered if they're faster and if you don't need a blowgun to throw them.

Ya. Multi use it what I meant. They would either be entities like the javelin, or drop when you kill the mob. And throwing knives, a more powerful, metal version of the javelin. And ya darts might be a bit overpowered.The blow gun should have durability. Alos, You can make metal rings and put those around the blow gun for reinforcement. The throw darts would be weak though. Quite weak.

Then why not a blowgun that shots poisoned darts? The blowgun is made with sugar canes and a knife. The darts are made with sticks, feathers and a spider eye. This is not overpowered because to get feathers you need to kill the chickens and to have the spider eyes you need to survive when you fight the spiders. And to make this more expensive you need to decrease the spider eye drop chance. The sticks are cheap.

This also exists in balkon's weapon mod. a cool weapon but not very usefull. atleast not in that mod. if there's gonna be blowgun shooting poisiniousosisuos darts then i'd like to have more options on what the poison effect should be.

I propose that after the alchemy, or potion making or whatever the fuck you pissers wanna call it, gets implemented again (if it ever does) then let us imbue the ammunition, be it darts or arrows or javelins, with the poison of our choice. an actual use for poison that is not splash.

This also exists in balkon's weapon mod. a cool weapon but not very usefull. atleast not in that mod. if there's gonna be blowgun shooting poisiniousosisuos darts then i'd like to have more options on what the poison effect should be.

I propose that after the alchemy, or potion making or whatever the fuck you pissers wanna call it, gets implemented again (if it ever does) then let us imbue the ammunition, be it darts or arrows or javelins, with the poison of our choice. an actual use for poison that is not splash.

This requires the implement of poisonous frogs and more different spiders to have lots of poison types.

This requires the implement of poisonous frogs and more different spiders to have lots of poison types.

you forget most snakes but also plants hold stronger poison than any spider ;)

Yeah poisonous plants is what i was thinking about primarily.

there's other negative potions than potion of harm too.

No, I didn't forget the snakes, I did't say them because Dunk said that they are not going to be implemented because he has problems with the collision part.

No, I didn't forget the snakes, I did't say them because Dunk said that they are not going to be implemented because he has problems with the collision part.

So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants)

This is the steps for an archer with a bow

Step one. Make bow. Bow is made from wood. Different wood have different drawback strength and therefore different bow strength. (Bows don't have to differ, just saying)

Step two: get arrow. Arrows Either have metal tips, or stone tips.

Step 3 (optional) get poison.So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants). Poison from a spider is applied using an eye and an arrow (or other poisonable object) in a crafting table. The eye takes damage from crafting (let's say 25 damage?). Then, the arrow is poisoned and ready to be shot.

So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants)

This is the steps for an archer with a bow

Step one. Make bow. Bow is made from wood. Different wood have different drawback strength and therefore different bow strength. (Bows don't have to differ, just saying)

Step two: get arrow. Arrows Either have metal tips, or stone tips.

Step 3 (optional) get poison.So we will get poison from spiders and plants. (maybe on the plants). Poison from a spider is applied using an eye and an arrow (or other poisonable object) in a crafting table. The eye takes damage from crafting (let's say 25 damage?). Then, the arrow is poisoned and ready to be shot.

and brewing a poisonous potion to use should be more powerful than that of a fresh spider eye. a concentrated poison at the cost of a couple extra steps.

and brewing a poisonous potion to use should be more powerful than that of a fresh spider eye. a concentrated poison at the cost of a couple extra steps.

Yes.

How about this. Heating the spider eye up, with a glass bottle to catch the condensed poison. Then, you have to heat it up once more to concentrate the poison. Then, you can add water to the poison to dilute it, making the poison weaker, but last longer. Each eye has to either drop less often, or give less poison per eye. I think they should give less poison per eye because they are already quite rare. This poison can be applied to arrows and maybe swords by combining them in a crafting table. The posion will have damage (more depending on the dilution level) and can poison weapons.