Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Winterbrass

Villagers

72 posts in this topic

we're just literally talking right besides each others lines of thoughts here, so ill do this: Posted Image

and leave you to your topic :D

*applauds and throws popcorn*

Will the NPCs recognise player villages in SMP (the block protection levels might come in handy here) and treat them as another village?

Erh... That's a whole 'nother ballgame. I'd have to see how player villages are handled; without some way to recognize them, probably not. At least not initially. Once villagers can make their own villages, then we can see. I expect that I'll also implement a way to attract villagers to PC villages, and allow restrictions to be made on what sorts of villagers you'll accept. If I was going to have player villages be recognized, it'd be by building a multiblock structure for traders and temporary residents/travellers. Probably an inn-like thing. It'd be a pain-in-the-ass for players to have to designate buildings manually, and I'm not sure what I could do about that. A better bet would probably be for players to track down villages in the process of being built and join up with the NPCs, but something could probably be done.

No hard feelings, but I feel like you are making me repeat the point I have made many times.

Yeah, saw that coming.

we're just literally talking right besides each others lines of thoughts here, so ill do this:

Posted Image

and leave you to your topic :D

You know, instead of committing seppeku, I believe it could've been ideal to ride out in the sunset on your Cycle, rather.

Just for your information...

Also, Winterbrass, could the player actually construct an army with NPCs? It would kind of nice to see your armies battle against other armies. Not large-scale ones, though.

Also, Winterbrass, could the player actually construct an army with NPCs? It would kind of nice to see your armies battle against other armies. Not large-scale ones, though.

If they were a general, a land-holding knight, or a king or one of his agents, or even just a mayor, I imagine they would.

My primary point of concern is the development on TFCII, though, to be honest. I don't expect that TFC maps or mods would be terribly compatible between versions unless specific effort was made to not break compatibility. Obvious implications are obvious. I still plan on making this mod for TFC, but so everyone knows - when TFCII is made available, I will discontinue updating. Additionally, if TFCII is available before I hit a testable beta, I will not be releasing a TFC version but instead will be putting the effort into a TFCII version (obviously).

no villagers >_<

no villagers >_<

wait....does that mean no like he is not going to do this ??

dunk, i made said missconception, this entire topic is supposed to be about a add-on to TFC, which is stated to be not cared about by the B himself in some sticky thread that im too lazy to look up.

no, I know it's supposed to be an add-on. We didn't add villagers because we felt they would break the game. I am continuing to add features based on the conception that there are no villagers to help give people a leg up. The game is DESIGNED around that. If you add them in, it breaks most of the game and every new feature I add, creating a big mess.

We're ok with add-ons that don't touch TFC code, but not if you're fucking with core game concepts of TFC.

Right, well, I guess that solves that. I'm still going to do it, but I won't be distributing it, then. Requesting a lock.

I'm sorry, but that is bullshit Dunk. Male, bovine, turds.

That is all.

I'm sorry, but that is bullshit Dunk. Male, bovine, turds.

That is all.

watch your mouth.

NO!

Dunk, in this case, you should make the mode incompatible with NEI.

No offense, but enough people will be playing your mod that it won't matter if 2% play it in an unbalanced way.

When TFC 2 is released, could we possibly see major add ons for the original TFC?

When TFC 2 is released, could we possibly see major add ons for the original TFC?

Why would anyone still be playing TFC?

@Dunk:

If I understand correctly, there are three major reasons that villagers in TFC are always a NO:

• TFC is meant to be solely multiplayer - meaning that NPC's wouldn't be needed to populate the world, as there would be actual human players fulfilling that purpose better than AI ever could.
  • TFC is meant to be challenging, and the introduction of AI characters poses huge potential for exploitation by human players that would make the mod both less challenging and less believable.
  • TFC is a BIG mod, and is going to take a lot of time and work to complete. So dedicating a large part of its development to a feature that's not only unnecessary but possibly even game-breaking is pretty much just dumb.
So I know that there's good reason for keeping NPC's out of the game, but this still means that SSP will never have city building, economics, politics, or anything of the kind, and is pretty much done for.

That said, I'd like to ask you if an add-on like this one would be acceptable if it 1: was not compatible with SMP (meaning that it wouldn't even fall within the scope of TFC), and 2: added NPC's that were only meant to emulate human players for the sake of us who play SSP (and want villagers)?

Thanks for your time ^_^

@Winterbrass:

Might you consider making this as a mod for vanilla Minecraft?

Might you consider making this as a mod for vanilla Minecraft?

Well, I don't play vanilla MC. Like, ever. Having said that, it's a less ambitious way to start building a mod portfolio. I'm ambivalent. I'll think about it.

Well, I don't play vanilla MC. Like, ever. Having said that, it's a less ambitious way to start building a mod portfolio. I'm ambivalent. I'll think about it.

Lion half of what you want to do with villagers can be implemented on vanilla anyway, and then for TFC you will just expand upon sturdy basis. So I think it's a good thing to start off vanilla.

There is a mod that works in a similar way, its called milienaire.

However the villages have their own setup, use their own tools and have ppl die and give birth.

each villager has a diff role and the village itself expands.

you dont really gain much access from it besides the shelter. you can also become friends with them to gain access to special building blocks and their food.

which is the only part that might be a little game breaking.

More I read this thread more scared I got.

Speaking of scary how about extraterrestrials? Is there any mod for those?

Or how do you like the idea of having them in TFC? Just to fit the music.

Now I'm just being silly.

They're already in vanilla. And I realized desert an jungle temples are built by endermen.

But what about they vessels and why they have strongholds in the overwold?

Now that I think about it I'm getting confused too.