Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Krski

Hay

26 posts in this topic

The topic title says it all , this in my opinion would be a nice addition to the mod , its something vanilla builders wan't and vanila is capable of but ithas not been inplemented , on the other side hay in terrafirmacraft could be used as decoration or as a food sorce for the animals and a new mechanic(if there is one im sorry) to make animals feel hungry (thurst also but i have no idea for it) and , a way to make tall grass usable and a excuse for shears(sry if im wrong about shears not being used).

Don't hate on me ^_^ .

-Sincerly : Krski

-Already suggested

-Animals already have hunger

-Tall grass has some use! To make your garden ugly and to be destroyed for seeds.

-We already have a recipe for shears (even though i think it's a temporal one): two wrought iron ingots in diagonal in the crafting grid.

-I'm not hating on you :3

Welcome to the forums.

JAG, for a flamboyantly dangerous greek reptilian multiheaded creature, or even for a normal being that welcome wasn't very flamboyant. I shall do the honors. : :)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS OF TERRAFIRMACRAFT KRISKI!

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!

...I don't know how to express a stereotypical gay accent in text.

hay or straw will become a bi-product of taking the grain off of wheat and such. It will replace wheat grain for luring and breeding animals.

you realise hay can be made off of dry grass right? :D

you realise hay can be made off of dry grass right? :D

I find that irrelevant and unbalanced for a game.

Can we just have a pit with some hay in it? Free food!

hay or straw will become a bi-product of taking the grain off of wheat and such. It will replace wheat grain for luring and breeding animals.

will this also include haybales? i'm dying for some roofing over here! cold as hell bro!

:lol:

Make it balanced,so its not like having a thatched roof makes you the richest person on the server.Make it an abundant material.

Well....it is gained as a byproduct of cutting grain, and having grain doesn't make you the richest person on the server currently, so I don;t see what you are talking about * scratches head* :)

Well....it is gained as a byproduct of cutting grain, and having grain doesn't make you the richest person on the server currently, so I don;t see what you are talking about * scratches head* :)

Lets say you need an space of 5 by 5 of grains(wheat,rye,etc) to survive.Now that makes for an aprox of 65 pieces of raw grain, now when made into thatch or hay you each grain will yield 1 piece of hay giving you in total 65 pieces, you will need 4 to make a block of hay 65/4 =16.25 (16) you have 16!! you will need at least 40 for a decent roof,depends on the house, but it usually goes between 32 and 64.and you will need at least 15 pieces of hay to keep a horse(or any animal)alive for a month. This will make you need a ton of grain.

It wont make you the richest, i made a term mistake there, but its so hard to make that it will became a very valuable thing. im just saying is something that will need a lot more thinking on making it balanced.

Can we just have a pit with some hay in it? Free food!

waitwhat? you....eat hay?

-i...i think this guy is secretly a horse-

Lets say you need an space of 5 by 5 of grains(wheat,rye,etc) to survive.Now that makes for an aprox of 65 pieces of raw grain, now when made into thatch or hay you each grain will yield 1 piece of hay giving you in total 65 pieces, you will need 4 to make a block of hay 65/4 =16.25 (16) you have 16!! you will need at least 40 for a decent roof,depends on the house, but it usually goes between 32 and 64.and you will need at least 15 pieces of hay to keep a horse(or any animal)alive for a month. This will make you need a ton of grain.

It wont make you the richest, i made a term mistake there, but its so hard to make that it will became a very valuable thing. im just saying is something that will need a lot more thinking on making it balanced.

maybe the thatch blocks will be more efficient than 4 hay = 1 block, just to even things out.

waitwhat? you....eat hay?

-i...i think this guy is secretly a horse-

I don't know what you are talking about. I was not here. (I meant use it as a trap.)

I don't know what you are talking about. I was not here. (I meant use it as a trap.)

oookay,

also, maybe we could have straw mats/hats?

Well ... Dunk then you wouldn't get hay , you would get thatch :) and that's not really something that people would use if they don't need to.

But i would like to see thatch ..

srgnoodles, no straw hat luffy impersonation for you :3 you are dangerous enough as it is

I'M LUFFY! THE KING OF PIRATES!!!! Oh god, Minecrafters cosplaying as Luffy with a straw hat and a Luffy skin, roaming the seas. :)

Let's not get this into a large scale derail though. :P

srgnoodles, no straw hat luffy impersonation for you :3 you are dangerous enough as it is

oh, no i was more thinking those conical bamboo hats

Here are thatch graphics.

Released under CC BY 3.0

(i know, less restrictive than previous graphics)

Attribution: J. W. Bjerk - www.jwbjerk.com

I'd suggest that while thatch is not effected by gravity, it isn't useful to walk on -- players/mobs attempting to do so will break it-- or they fall through something like vanilla cobwebs. That's the downside to a cheaper, lighter building material.

It would be great to see vanilla style stairs and half-slabs so good looking roofing can be made.

post-2706-0-11291900-1364576832.png

post-2706-0-20129300-1364576843.png

post-2706-0-78776800-1364576854.png

What about this idea? Multiple hay per grain? It wouldn't be that hard to do. But honestly, I do wish we did have to do more to raise crops, as they seem a bit too cheap sometimes.

What about this idea? Multiple hay per grain? It wouldn't be that hard to do. But honestly, I do wish we did have to do more to raise crops, as they seem a bit too cheap sometimes.

Hay should be used primaraly for animal feed, but could be used in a slab like formation (fill 3 bottom squares in crafting table with hay to create thatch) thatch like material made from grass/hay/sugarcane would be a nice low teir building material, and would have these benifits and limitations:

Benifits:

Easy to craft

Decoration

No mobs will spawn on top of it as thatch would be a half slab or partial slab

limitatins:

Cannot support the weight of an entity, if an entity walks on it, the block breaks and they fall.

Burns fairly quickly, and catches on fire easaly, perhaps would be set on fire if it comes into contact with a torch.

can't be chiseled

Well just going from the thing I posted here a few weeks ago... The idea I had included multiple Hay blocks building blocks.

Hay: This in itself is placeable and eatable by animals.

Than i had 3 types of Hay blocks:

Tier 1 hay Block: Combining two Hay in the crafting grid yields you a pile of Hay that has the height of a slab. If animals eat it or you destroy it, it is reduced to the placeable hay. if you destroyed it you obviously get 1 hay back.

Tier 2 hay Block: Combining three Hay in the crafting grid yields you a block of Hay, that is as tall as every other Minecraft Block. If animals eat it or you destroy it, it is reduced to a Tier 1 Hay Block. if you destroyed it you obviously get 1 hay back.

Tier 3 Hay Block: Combining 4 Hay Blocks in the Crafting Grid yields you a block of Hay with the height of a fence. If animals eat it or you destroy it, it is reduced to a Tier 2 Hay Block. if you destroyed it you obviously get 1 hay back.

Hay Mat: An extremely primitive bed. Already had a few Ideas to make better beds rewarding to the player. This is basically crafted by using 2 Tier 1 Hay blocks in a crafting Block.

Clay building Block. A primitive Building block that is slightly better against gravity then Vanilla Gravel (meaning you place on outward without it falling down) Made from raw Clay and plant materials (Hay)

Hay Roofing: Combining Hay with sticks. This thing (as long as attached on the side) can be used as roofing. Like with every other Hay block you cannot place blocks affected by gravity on it or else it will crush. You can't even stand on it until you bolster it up using the aforementioned Hay-Blocks. Normally they can only be places on solid ground, but Hay roofing actually is stable enough to hold hay itself.

Other notable things wold be the burnability. Perhaps a way to improve your firestarter chance.

Basically Hay would be quite cool.