Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sda215

So.... What is My Gender?

77 posts in this topic

I knew I should've made it more obvious...

I'm a male; who likes to toy with simple internet logic, toy with the minds of users (for comedic purposes), who has feminish traits (it's related to personality, not physical appearance), whose a nice guy, and a (sort of) softie.

I deeply apologize for causing such a ruckus...

*hides himself in great shame.

Voting after the answer, FTW!

But I don't really see where the ruckus has come from, or why there is any sort of shame involved... o.O

It was easy to plug "Hane" into google and find that in almost every language it either means male or refers to a masculine thing. Plus I would have guessed male just because, at least as far as I remember, you call people "sir" a lot, which I don't think many females make a habit of. :P

(HAI! I'm back, didn't you guys miss me? Oh, you didn't? Well too bad, your stuck with me, deal with it.)

Ironically, I didn't think anyone could've plugged 'Hane' into Google Translate and knew my gender...

P.S. - Welcome back, achartran! How are you?

Now, watch the male vote count rise...AFTER you revealed it.

Now, watch the male vote count rise...AFTER you revealed it.

I'll remedy that.

Ironically, I didn't think anyone could've plugged 'Hane' into Google Translate and knew my gender...

P.S. - Welcome back, achartran! How are you?

Well, I did, and thanks to wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hane) in languages with Norse roots (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish) "hane" has fairly male connotations if not direct meaing [in Swedish, it means "cock" (male rooster, not what you are all thinking as you read this...) and also straight up means "male" (albeit it is most often used to refer to animals, but the connection is easily made by anyone who is not one of the aforementioned animals the term refers to.)]

Also, I'm good, how are you? Sherlock says he's good too. But I wouldn't believe him, he's a bit of a compulsive liar, although he would probably mumble something about "accepted social conventions" and other such nonsensical babblings if questioned on the matter.

Well, I did, and thanks to wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hane) in languages with Norse roots (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish) "hane" has fairly male connotations if not direct meaing [in Swedish, it means "cock" (male rooster, not what you are all thinking as you read this...) and also straight up means "male" (albeit it is most often used to refer to animals, but the connection is easily made by anyone who is not a plant.)]

Also, I'm good, how are you? Sherlock says he's good too. But I wouldn't believe him, he's a bit of a compulsive liar, although he would probably mumble something about "accepted social conventions" and other such nonsensical babblings if questioned on the matter.

I used Swedish so it wouldn't be simplistic since it is not a known (spoken) language in the TFC Forums, though I think I should've used Arabic (or Japanese) instead.

Had Sherlock's immortality (and the loss of his sidekick, Watson) detoriated his mind?

Had Sherlock's immortality (and the loss of his sidekick, Watson) detoriated his mind?

No, he just became even more manic-depressive than he already was (and he has always been a touch on the loony side) once people started thinking he was fictional and Watson died, It's sad really. He actually doesn't look any older than the day he became immortal, which depends on which Sherlock you are talking about, he is mostly seen in public now as a late twenty something, with a slightly odd haircut and wears a pea (Is that the correct word? the black/navy blue wool (?) coat thingies) coat instead of his traditional trench coat (he even flies to London every now and then to play himself some TV show that is about a younger modern version of him, its all very meta. But he insists that the guy playing Watson is nothing more than a worrisome nit-wit, so he is still lacking a suitable sidekick.). But he dresses as he is described in his biographies around the house, which seems less comfortable to me, but he says "it reminds him of the good old days", so I ignore the fact that a middle aged man in a trench coat and silly hat is walking around my house inspecting things with an equally ridiculously sized magnifying glass, and try to pretend he is a normal 19th century immortal detective, just like the rest of us.

well i did that google translate thing too....AND searched for the name....only thing i found were some baby name lists where "hanen" was listed as female(??).

i also thought of the words "hane" and "han" which in danish means rooster and "he" as in the male grammatic form of neutral.

But...i did not think you would do that.

Shame on me.

I'm still fairly sure you're a sentient tapeworm bent on world domination.

<O> <O> I'll be watching you...

I'm still fairly sure you're a sentient tapeworm bent on world domination.

<O> <O> I'll be watching you...

Don't worry, Pekoponian TFC Forum user; I'm not planning anything malicious... :D.

This brings to mind someone else on this forum... I must actually wonder what is going on here and how long such games will last.

This brings to mind someone else on this forum...

What? the evil plans part? don't worry 'bout it, my world conquest plan is just on hold for now, so i can enjoy my holidays :3

Oh, wait, you probably weren't talking 'bout that... Errr... Forget that, please...

What? the evil plans part? don't worry 'bout it, my world conquest plan is just on hold for now, so i can enjoy my holidays :3

Oh, wait, you probably weren't talking 'bout that... Errr... Forget that, please...

Wait, you were planning to conquer Pekopon?

Change of plans, Deroro; we frog this Pekoponian, and then no one, not even conquerers, will stop me in enslaving Pekopon... Dero-dero-dero!

Errr... Noooo... I was planning to conquer... Hmmm... My fridge ._. yeah, my fridge. My brother took possesion of it last year... but i shall take what's mine back...

Errr... Noooo... I was planning to conquer... Hmmm... My fridge ._. yeah, my fridge. My brother took possesion of it last year... but i shall take what's mine back...

Enjoy reclaiming your fridge for now, for soon it shall be mine!!!! ALL THE APPLIANCES WILL BELONG TO LORBOG!!!!!! Mwahahahahahehehehehehehhuhuhuhuhuhuhu hyaaaaa... *cough* *cough* Sorry, what were we talking about again?

World conquest plans, and their cliché-ness.

Enjoy reclaiming your fridge for now, for soon it shall be mine!!!! ALL THE APPLIANCES WILL BELONG TO LORBOG!!!!!! Mwahahahahahehehehehehehhuhuhuhuhuhuhu hyaaaaa... *cough* *cough* Sorry, what were we talking about again?

Love the avatar btw. :P

R.I.P.* L Lawliet

10/31/1982 - 11/4/2007

It must have been sad knowing you were right the whole time -

- but finding out you were right a few seconds before your death

Don't worry; your death was not in vain;

Your chosen successors, Nate Rivers and Mihael Keehl help to defeat the evil man known as Kira --

Light Yagami

R.I.P. ** L We all loved you.

* Rest In Peace

** Return if Possible

Asking people to guess your gender sounds like a womanly thing to do; always trying to prove themselves! If you were trying to trick us all, good work. You do describe yourself as a 'feminish' person though, so that might explain it...

Asking people to guess your gender sounds like a womanly thing to do; always trying to prove themselves! If you were trying to trick us all, good work. You do describe yourself as a 'feminish' person though, so that might explain it...

Behavioral terms, yes.

The purpose was to trick, but simultaneously, I would like to reveal my gender in a way that would confuse many.

yeah, it's been said before, but because video games in general and game forums are male dominated, the notion that your sex should even be questioned or is surprising suggests you are female. You give the idea that you are female in asking the question because being male would have been the assumed answer from the beginning. The idea that you think of yourself as feminine or acting in a non-masculine way is one-sided, and only apparent to you.

Basically, you're like a spy who had perfectly infiltrated the government of another country until you jumped up and asked "HEY! DO I LOOK LIKE A SPY TO YOU?" and then everyone was like "well, you wouldn't have brought it up if you weren't, so yeah, you do"

If you really want to mess with people's minds... go to runscape. Select female character... talk to some dude. Lol... then watch him cyber-flirt with you. Lol... then let him do that for about... 2-3 days, and then tell him, dude I'm really a dude.--- had someone stop talking to me after that lmao.

But yea, I'm often mistaken for female... its fun sometimes...

I once did that, when i was reaaaaaaaaaaally bored. The other guy answered "and i'm a girl", logged off and never logged on again on that account. Gotta admit it's the best answer i ever got... lol.